/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Posting pictures

Aaima zahid
03-14-2019, 09:32 PM
Asslamoalikum,
Guys please tell me that how should i let my friends understand that don’t upload my pictures on social media without my permission... you see last day they came to my home for my birthday surprise they took my pictures and uploaded them on social media i asked them to remove it but they are not doing it even if they do so ... time is passing and maybe so many of na mehram have seen me without hijab ... how should i treat such people they make me sinner even if I don’t want to. Tell me what to do that they don’t feel bad and i just can get out of this problem?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Saira Khan
03-15-2019, 10:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
how should i let my friends understand that don’t upload my pictures on social media without my permission...
Dear sister, it is even bad with your permission either. You see, because of such problems, the very taking of pictures is not allowed in Islam. You have to be careful yourself.

Aaima zahid
03-15-2019, 10:20 AM
Am i sinner now? Did I sinned? I didn’t asked them... i remind them every time that don’t do it but sometimes they do it without even knowing or something like that?

ZeeshanParvez
03-15-2019, 10:30 AM
Your pictures should not be on social media in any case.

Here you apply the principle of blocking the means. It is a principle in fiqh. If you want to stop an evil and have to put a halt to what leads to it then it is a must that you do so.

Stop getting your pictures taken.

No pictures, nothing to upload.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Saira Khan
03-15-2019, 10:34 AM
Am i sinner now? Did I sinned?
No sister you didn't do anything wrong, I 'm talking about avoiding social problems in some societies. Don't think too much about what you haven't done. Just keep them asking to delete your photos, on your part, the rest belongs to them.
Stay blessed and keep happy.

azc
03-15-2019, 10:48 AM
Asslamoalikum,
Guys please tell me that how should i let my friends understand that don’t upload my pictures on social media without my permission... you see last day they came to my home for my birthday surprise they took my pictures and uploaded them on social media i asked them to remove it but they are not doing it even if they do so ... time is passing and maybe so many of na mehram have seen me without hijab ... how should i treat such people they make me sinner even if I don’t want to. Tell me what to do that they don’t feel bad and i just can get out of this problem?
:wa:
what you can do but requesting them to delete your photographs from social media. However, in future, don't allow them to take your photographs.

bint e aisha
03-15-2019, 10:51 AM
Assalamu alaikum

You'll have to tell them firmly to delete your pictures otherwise you're gonna break friendship with them. I know it's a bit difficult and you're not going to make a lot of friends this way but the laws of Allah ta'ala comes first. You will be going to your grave alone, these friends will forget about you in no time. So keep your focus on pleasing Allah ta'ala and may He grant you His friendship and nearness. :)

Aaima zahid
03-15-2019, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
Your pictures should not be on social media in any case.

Here you apply the principle of blocking the means. It is a principle in fiqh. If you want to stop an evil and have to put a halt to what leads to it then it is a must that you do so.

Stop getting your pictures taken.

No pictures, nothing to upload.
JazakAllah khair i will try my best to avoid it.

Aaima zahid
03-15-2019, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan
No sister you didn't do anything wrong, I 'm talking about avoiding social problems in some societies. Don't think too much about what you haven't done. Just keep them asking to delete your photos, on your part, the rest belongs to them.
Stay blessed and keep happy.
JazakAllah khair sister ♥️

Aaima zahid
03-15-2019, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bint e aisha
Assalamu alaikum

You'll have to tell them firmly to delete your pictures otherwise you're gonna break friendship with them. I know it's a bit difficult and you're not going to make a lot of friends this way but the laws of Allah ta'ala comes first. You will be going to your grave alone, these friends will forget about you in no time. So keep your focus on pleasing Allah ta'ala and may He grant you His friendship and nearness. :)
Walikumaslam,
I have lost many of my friends like that they don’t even talk to me ... you know like friends do. But for Allah I’ll do everything i can tolerate everything. JazakAllah khair and indeed He and His laws are priority.

bint e aisha
03-15-2019, 11:04 AM
Walikumaslam,
I have lost many of my friends like that they don’t even talk to me ... you know like friends do. But for Allah I’ll do everything i can tolerate everything. JazakAllah khair and indeed He and His laws are priority.
MashaAllah. May Allah bless you dear sister. Always remember that Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم has given glad tidings for the strangers. :)

Supernova
03-15-2019, 07:08 PM
Asalaamualaykum:

It is sad situation. You obviously have made it clear on your Shariah stance.

As hard as this might be to swallow - but, If your "friends" cannot respect your very basic request on observing Hijab (Which is what this topic is really about) then they certainly cannot be your real friends. They have basically torn your right of the observation of Hijab.

For the first instance - you wont be regarded a sinner. However, many teachings of our beloved Rasool SAW make it more than clear to choose company of good people.

If you continue to be in their company and they disrespect your hijab again, then unfortunately the sin will be yourself also. In the sense that you have disregarded a very foundation principle that Rasool SAW has thought us regarding social company. Simply put - should you continue to be in situations in the future and yet you know the dire consequences, then you share the blame too.

Unfortunately we all go through phases in life whereby after advising friends - we have to ditch them for the safety of our own deen.

Aaima zahid
03-15-2019, 08:09 PM
Walikumaslam
Dear brother, i understand what you are saying... i will consider it as my responsibility to not be in this situation again. JazakAllah khair

Supernova
03-16-2019, 06:47 AM
Asalaamualaykum:

Only as a last resort should you completely sever ties with your fellow Muslim friends. Staying out of someones company doesn't mean the same as burning a bridge.

Aaima zahid
03-16-2019, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum:

Only as a last resort should you completely sever ties with your fellow Muslim friends. Staying out of someones company doesn't mean the same as burning a bridge.
Walikumaslam,

I will not sever my ties with my friends brother. I will try to do my best to make them respect my hijab. I don’t give up that easily. And indeed Allah will help me out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.