Please watch, like, comment and share.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alamgir
03-17-2019, 11:41 PM
@AabiruSabeel @Abz2000 @MazharShafiq @Supernova @ZeeshanParvez

Eric H
03-18-2019, 07:18 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Alamgir;

I watched the video, and have heard these arguments many times. Both Islam and Christianity have similar accounts regarding the prophet Adam pbuh, he was created from the soil of the ground. Adam does not share any common ancestors with apes, so this means mankind did not evolve from any other species, this makes Christianity and Islam at odds with science.

I accept this as a matter of faith and trust in God, rather than accepting the theory of evolution. Our scriptures are there to inspire us to do something.

Blessings
Eric

Silas
03-20-2019, 03:06 PM
I have put forth an interesting view of evolution in regards to both the Quran and Bible ...

When we say that God (Allah) has created, we assume that he is complete in his creation ...that it is something finished. When we say that God knows what is going to happen, and knows the destiny of every man and woman, we assume that he is looking forward in time. So how can humans be finished products with no ancestor, and how can we have free will if God knows what we are going to choose before we make the choice?

One explanation is that God exists outside of time and space--when he creates something, it is an ongoing project to us (evolving, changing, etc.) but happens in an instant according to his perception. Likewise, God sees the future because there is no *future* for God--everything is happening in a flash, an instant. His will sustains and drives creation, but as temporal beings, that creation is something evolving and changing for us.

When the Quran says humans were made from clay (earth), it doesn't say how long that took. Allah says "when I have proportioned him ..." --what does that mean? That a man sprung up from the mud with two arms and legs? No. I think it means this process is something God initiated, and something that takes millions of years for us, takes but an instant for God.

When we ascribe human limitations to God, we run into contradictions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
03-20-2019, 05:37 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Silas,

format_quote Originally Posted by Silas
--what does that mean? That a man sprung up from the mud with two arms and legs? No. I think it means this process is something God initiated, and something that takes millions of years for us, takes but an instant for God.
How does evolution fit in with these thoughts? Do we share a common ancestor with apes, were they fashioned from mud first?

Blessings
Eric

Silas
03-20-2019, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

How does evolution fit in with these thoughts? Do we share a common ancestor with apes, were they fashioned from mud first?

Blessings
Eric
Well according to science, we are carbon-based life-forms comprised of heavy elements born within the cores of stars and sent into the universe from supernovae. These elements then end up in the rock (mud) of the planet, and organic compounds form. Theologically, you could say that God created necessary conditions for the formation of the universe, and willed it to happen.

To us, we could say these primordial ancestors came first, but there is no "first" for God. Man has always existed in the divine mind, if that makes any sense.

Human beings "evolve" in other ways --we evolve from infants to adults.

AbdurRahman.
03-21-2019, 03:58 PM

Blessings
Eric

Greetings and peace be with you Eric

I have to inform you brother that if a Muslim believes that humans evolved from non-human species then that will render him a kaafir. Shaykh Keller explains it:

Regarding your question whether the Qur'anic account of creation is incompatible with man having evolved; if evolution entails, as Darwin believed, that "probably all the organic beings which have ever lived on this earth have descended from one primordial form, into which life was first breathed" (The Origin of Species, 455), I apprehend that this is incompatible with the Qur'anic account of creation. Our first ancestor was the prophet Adam (upon whom be peace), who was created by Allah in janna, or "paradise" and not on earth, but also created in a particular way that He describes to us:

"And [mention] when your Lord said to the angels, 'Truly, I will create a man from clay. So when I have completed him, and breathed into him of My spirit, then fall down prostrate to him.' And the angels prostrated, one and all. Save for Satan, who was too proud to, and disbelieved. He said to him, 'O Satan, what prevented you from prostrating to what I have created with My two hands? Are you arrogant, or too exalted?' He said,'I am better than he; You created me from fire and created him from clay'" (Qur'an 38:71-76).

.... the Arabic term bashar used in the verse "Truly, I will create a man from clay" means precisely a human being and has no other lexical significance.

... As for claim that man has evolved from a non-human species, this is unbelief (kufr) no matter if we ascribe the process to Allah or to "nature," because it negates the truth of Adam's special creation that Allah has revealed in the Qur'an. Man is of special origin, attested to not only by revelation, but also by the divine secret within him, the capacity for ma'rifa or knowledge of the Divine that he alone of all things possesses. By his God-given nature, man stands before a door opening onto infinitude that no other creature in the universe can aspire to. Man is something else.

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/evolve.htm

Regarding the evolution theory, that's fake bro so don't believe a word of it:

https://www.evolutiondeceit.com/

Peace

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/evolve.htm

https://www.evolutiondeceit.com/

Eric H
03-21-2019, 05:43 PM
Greetings and peace be with you AbdullahAziz;
As for claim that man has evolved from a non-human species, this is unbelief (kufr) no matter if we ascribe the process to Allah or to "nature," because it negates the truth of Adam's special creation that Allah has revealed in the Qur'an. Man is of special origin, attested to not only by revelation, but also by the divine secret within him, the capacity for ma'rifa or knowledge of the Divine that he alone of all things possesses. By his God-given nature, man stands before a door opening onto infinitude that no other creature in the universe can aspire to. Man is something else.
Thanks for sharing, science has a lot more work to do on the theory of evolution.....I sincerely believe they haven't got it right yet.

Blessings,
Eric

AbdurRahman.
03-21-2019, 06:01 PM

Thanks for sharing, science has a lot more work to do on the theory of evolution.....I sincerely believe they haven't got it right yet.

Blessings,
Eric
Wanted to rep you Eric but it said I gotta spread some :Emoji50:

Love!

Alamgir
03-23-2019, 06:31 PM

I watched the video, and have heard these arguments many times. Both Islam and Christianity have similar accounts regarding the prophet Adam pbuh, he was created from the soil of the ground. Adam does not share any common ancestors with apes, so this means mankind did not evolve from any other species, this makes Christianity and Islam at odds with science.

I accept this as a matter of faith and trust in God, rather than accepting the theory of evolution. Our scriptures are there to inspire us to do something.

Blessings
Eric
Denying human-ape common ancestry is nowhere near the same as claiming the Earth is 6,000 years old. The latter is far more difficult to justify than the former.

Bmh2019
03-23-2019, 08:05 PM
Does islamin science agree with it

Its not fault of of people namely christians, they are loyally adhering to what their madhab has shared with them, its-nasty how muslims in general rificule them publicly instead of helping them to become awre of errors of authors. Same can be said of vengefulness latattltowards jewish people and non muslims whom
Sre generally good and better people than many so called muslims. I personally have found non nuslims as also nice kind people, we people are being treated good by many nations afterall. What have we done for their people?

Blessings,
Eric
Btw. I undwrstand that evolving ) is one of the things done by
Allah.
Maybe we did evolve in a NON darwinian method? But I too am unsure kike others

Abz2000
03-24-2019, 09:25 AM
Sheikh keller's explanations make me wonder about the arguments of those who claim that jews are a special race distinct from humanity simply by pulling a few uncontextual verses from the book and waving them about as singular criterion for the discrimination between jew and traitor - despite all the evidences in the same book pointing in the direction of humility.

Due to his apparent shismatic zeal, I'd say he's a bold takfiri with ZERO relevance in terms of the practicality and authority of his fatwa - though - if he was speaking before recent findings and proofs, i'd say he was simply being pushed to making extreme fatwas due to the opposition he got in debates which he genuinely believed was malicious.

Defensiveness is a barrier that is often wrongly put up when people believe their core beliefs are falling apart - whereas - we can see from the Quranic hints in absence of vivid detail that this has nothing to do with core belief - but may turn up as a generational furqaan milepost which differentiates between honest thinkers and tribal clingers.

Those who called themself christian in the past failed when they refused to look at facts and argued out of blind zeal -

i hope that those same stumblingblocks are well marked by now.

AbdurRahman.
03-24-2019, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Sheikh keller's explanations make me wonder about the arguments of those who claim that jews are a special race distinct from humanity simply by pulling a few uncontextual verses from the book and waving them about as singular criterion for the discrimination between jew and traitor - despite all the evidences in the same book pointing in the direction of humility.

Due to his apparent shismatic zeal, I'd say he's a bold takfiri with ZERO relevance in terms of the practicality and authority of his fatwa - though - if he was speaking before recent findings and proofs, i'd say he was simply being pushed to making extreme fatwas due to the opposition he got in debates which he genuinely believed was malicious.

Defensiveness is a barrier that is often wrongly put up when people believe their core beliefs are falling apart - whereas - we can see from the Quranic hints in absence of vivid detail that this has nothing to do with core belief - but may turn up as a generational furqaan milepost which differentiates between honest thinkers and tribal clingers.

Those who called themself christian in the past failed when they refused to look at facts and argued out of blind zeal -

i hope that those same stumblingblocks are well marked by now.
Shaykh Keller is a mainstream Shafee Scholar and his Sufism is according to Sunni Islam too. He's no takfiri bro :Emoji46:

Eric H
03-24-2019, 05:07 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Alamgir
Denying human-ape common ancestry is nowhere near the same as claiming the Earth is 6,000 years old. The latter is far more difficult to justify than the former.
If you can have faith in one, then you can have faith in both. But just a thought, during creation, only God was around to measure the length of his day. Why would God measure the length of his day by the sun and the moon? After all God created trillions of stars and moons, their size seems insignificant to God.

There are some things we will never know in this life, we can only have faith.

Blessings
Eric

Alamgir
03-26-2019, 11:21 AM
If you can have faith in one, then you can have faith in both.
Not quite, they're apples and oranges. The evidence for an old Earth is far stronger than that of human-chimp common ancestry.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.