/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How should I pray Qiyamul Layl?

Imraan
03-21-2019, 11:08 PM
Assalamwalaikum,

I am seeking the method to pray Qiyamul Layl...

when?

how?
does anyone know the niyah in Arabic?

is it sunnah or nafl?

how many rakats?

is it any night / every night.

is there a min / max number of rakats?

is it supposed to be prayed in seclusion (like in my bedroom)? or what if I arrive at masjid early for fair and there are other worshippers?

all advice appreciated .... Jazakumullahu Khayran....

Imran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
03-23-2019, 12:21 PM
Walaikum Assalaam

Qiyam-ul layl is sleeping and waking up for worship. This worship could be anything such as reciting quran, praying, etc. The prayer itself is called "tahajjud."

format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
when?
You can pray it anytime during the night, but the best time is in the last third of the night. So if you just take the hours between isha and fajr, and divide them by 3, you'll know which hours are considered the last third of the night. Or if you want to do it without calculation, then just pray it the hours before fajr.

does anyone know the niyah in Arabic?
The niyah of any prayer should be said to yourself by heart/mind. The language is not specific only to arabic since it is not necessary to say it out loud. The niyaah is best made before you sleep, and there is nothing specific to say for the intention.

is it sunnah or nafl?
It is nafl.

is there a min / max number of rakats?
There's really no minimum or maximum..you can pray as much as you like. You can break it up for example 2, 2, 2, 2. Or 4 and 4, or 4, 3, etc. The prophet (pbuh) ended it with a witr prayer.

is it supposed to be prayed in seclusion (like in my bedroom)? or what if I arrive at masjid early for fair and there are other worshippers?
You may pray it at home or at a masjid, it's up to you. I believe this type of prayer is better prayed at home because the prophet pbuh said that we should pray our nawafil at home and not make them like graves. If you pray it at the masjid, you'd have to arrive early enough before fajr.

Saira Khan
03-23-2019, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Walaikum Assalaam

Qiyam-ul layl is sleeping and waking up for worship. This worship could be anything such as reciting quran, praying, etc. The prayer itself is called "tahajjud."
السلام علیکم

Ma Shaa Allah very best answer sister @*charisma* . In shaa' Allah other readers will benefit from your answer. JazakiAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.