/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The heros of uhud battle

k.ibrahim
03-23-2019, 11:58 PM
  1. Bismillah Ir-Rahman, Ir-Raheem. I begin with ALLAH's auspiciousness,whose Name is the Best
    among all the names. All Revences, All Sanctities and All Worships are due to ALLAH alone. Ashahadu An Laa illaaha illal llahu
  2. Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan Abdu Hu Wa Rasooluhu
  3. ''I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah
  4. who is without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is the Rasool.''
  5. "O Allah, Shower Your Peace come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have brought peace to Ibrahim and his family.
  6. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. O Allah, Shower your blessing upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious". Iam Satisfied with Allâh as My Rabb and Cherisher,Iam Satisfied With Islam as My Din(religion) and I am satisfied with Muhammad as a Rasulallah (Messenger)sallallahu alaihi was salam) I seek Protection with ALLAH! With the Glorious and Noble Face of ALLAH! With the Complete and Perfect words of ALLAH! With the Exalted Attributes of ALLAH! From the Punishment of Hell; From chastisement in the Grave; From the Trial of Life and Death; From the Mischief of the dajjal. There is no power nor strength with (anyone) save Allah. ALLAH is Good and Only accept that which is Good. ALLAH is the Truth and only accept that which True. ALLAH is Pure and only accept that which is Pure. Ya ALLAH! ALL the praises are for You,You are the Holder of the Heavens and the Earth, And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are are the Substaner of the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All the praises are for you;You have the Possession of the Heavens and the Earth and whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All the praises are for You; You are Light(Nur) of the Heavens and Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the King of the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the Truth and Your Promise is the Truth, And Your word is the Truth and the Meeting with You is true, And Parardise is True And Hell is true and All the Prophets(peace be upon them) are true; And Muhammad Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) is true,And the Day of Resurrection is True. Ya ALLAH! You have promise and Your promise is the truth,Ya ALLAH! You have promise and Your words is the truth, Ya ALLAH! You have promise and You are the Truth!. Ya ALLAH!----- ---------
    ALLAH chosen the Precious jewels and treasures of makkah and madinah to be the Sahaba of Rasulullah(sallallahu alaihi wa sallam)the Best People that ever lived on Earth!
    14 centuries have now passed since the momentous historical event of the Hijra - the migration of Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) from Makkah to Medina. A careful study of history reveals the sincere and tireless efforts of the Muslims in the cause of Islam and laying the foundation for Hijra and the Islamic civilization.
    After migration to Yathrib, the migrant Muslims had obviously rid themselves of the torment and torture of the infidel Quraysh and found a peaceful, agreeable environment. Nevertheless, they showed no tendency towards self-indulgence and pleasure- seeking. Rather they ceaselessly endeavoured to establish an Islamic civilization and to spread the divine faith of Islam.
    It was these very sacrificial efforts and hard work of the Muslims that rescued them from slavery and so many miseries and brought them honour, prosperity, and glory.
    It is indeed necessary for the Muslims all over the world to be constantly reminded of the devotion and incessant efforts of the Muslims in the early days of Islam, who relied on their faith in ALLAH and, through obeying the instructions of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), managed to make a holy revolution and attained great achievements. It is of vital significance to Muslims in all places and at all times to take a lesson from the lives and sacrificial endeavours of those truly devoted Muslims.
    Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)said,
    ”The best of my people are my generation then those who come after them, then those who come after them, then there will come a people in whom there will be no good.”
    {The murder of Hamza}. Hamza bin Abdul Muttalib, the Prophet’s uncle, was a very brave hero before and after Islam. He was a very faithful Muslim who defended Islam boldly. He was the striking force in the Muslim army. In the battle of Uhud, he was assassinated by Wahshi, a villain, sinful slave who was incited by Hind, Abu Sufyan’s wife, who lost several men from her family in the battle of Badr. She promised Wahshi to offer him many things if he would kill Hamza. Wahshi also was incited by his master Jubayr bin Mut’im who promised to set him free (from slavery) if he would kill Hamza.
    When Hamza was martyred, Hind became very joyful and delighted. She hurried to the battlefield looking for Hamza’s body to satisfy her grudge against him. When she found him, she cut open his abdomen, took out his liver, and chewed it, but she could not swallow it, so she throw it away, and then she cut his nose, ears, and genitals, and she took them as a necklace. The women with her did the same thing to the bodies of the other martyrs.[8] By doing this, Hind thought that she would satisfy her soul that was filled with spite and grudge against Hamza.
    Hind thanked Wahshi for his assassinating of Hamza and she gave him her necklaces, earrings, and one of her bondmaids.
    Abu Sufyan as well went looking for Hamza’s body to satisfy his grudge too. When he found him, he began beating his mouth with his spear. In fact, all the Umayyad family had been brought up with vices, betrayal, disloyalty, and rejoicing at others’ distresses. There was no one honest, noble, or generous from among them.

{The martyrdom of Mus’ab}
    Mus’ab was one of the noblest young men of Quraysh and one of the most pious Muslims. He tolerated different kinds of torture in the way of Allah and faced many calamities from the polytheists of Quraysh. At the beginning of the mission, the Prophet (a.s.) sent him as a deputy to Medina to invite the people there to Islam. A great number of people there turned Muslims at his hand. In the battle of Uhud, he was one of the prominent leaders and he did very well in the battle until he was martyred. He was killed by ibn Qam’ah al-Laythi. Despite the deep, sad pain which the Prophet (PBUH) suffered over the loss of his uncle Hamzah and the mutilation of his corpse by the polytheists in a manner that drew tears from the Prophet (PBUH) and broke his heart; despite the fact that the field of battle was littered with the corpses of his Companions, all of whom represented the peak of truth, piety and enlightenment; despite all this, he stood at the corpse of his first envoy, bidding him farewell and weeping bitterly. Nay, the Prophet (PBUH) stood at the remains of Mus'ab Ibn 'Umair saying, while his eyes were flowing with tears, love and loyalty, "Among the believers are men who have been true to their covenant with Allah " (33:23).Then he gave a sad look at the garment in which he was shrouded and said/ "I saw you at Makkah, and there was not a more precious jewel, nor more distinguished one than you, and here you are bare-headed in a garment!" Then the Prophet (PBUH) looked at all the martyrs in the battlefield and said, "The Prophet of Allah witnesses that you are martyrs to Allah on the Day of Resurrection." Then he gathered his living Companions around him and said, "0 people, visit them, come to them, and salute them. By Allah, no Muslim will salute them but that they will salute him in return."
    Peace be on you, O Mus'ab. Peace be on you, O Martyrs. Peace and blessings of Allah be upon you!
    Nasibah bint ka'b she was also known as Umm Umarah.
    Umm 'Umarah(R.A) was an Ansariyyah. She was from the famous Banu Najjar tribe. History does not tell us much about her years prior to Islam.
    She was just another woman among the women of Yathrib before Islam!.She was a faithful and loyal wife, and a loving mother and had remarkable patience and forbearance. just like many other woman among the women of Yathrib ! until Islam touch her Heart and soul!,She wasone of those who embraced Islam with unbelievable strength. and thetransformation begin,and she became one of the Jewels of Madinah,but she was just one of the many people who were transformed into jewels and treasures by the teaching of islam.. And Also she became very learned in the Quran and Hadith. Nsaibah's(R.A) life and example as a Muslimah, wife and mother can be surpassed only by a few other women in the history of Islam. The illuminating Light(Nur) of Islam gave new life to the people Yathrib. They discarded all the old superstitious beliefs and thoughts and all the wrong deeds and manners of the past, replacing them with the perfect life-giving culture of Islam.The fortunate Ansar in Al-Madinah who converted to Islam by the teachings of Mus'ab bin 'Umair(R.A) went to a particular mountain pass to pledge allegiance to Allah and His Messenger for the second time. There were about seventy-two men and two women. One of the women was Umm 'Umarah(R.A).she believed that a woman has the same duty in defending the new religion.She was one of the most distinguished women who took part in the battle of Uhud,If not the most distinguished of them. Nusaybah bint ka'b, known as Umm Umara was blessed with many honours, amongst these her presence at Uhud, Al-Hudaybiyya, Khaybar, the Fulfilled Umra, Hunayn, and the Battle of Yamama.
    Umm Umarah (She) had never imagined that she would fight shoulder to shoulder with her husband and two sons defending Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) in the battle of Uhud. She had only taken the water-skin on her back so that she could provide water to the injured and also had taken some home-made bandages to dress their wounds. She had not thought of herself as worthy of any other work on that day.
    Although the Muslims were small in number and had only a limited supply of equipment's, they gave a grand defeat to the enemy who took to their heels vacating the battlefield. But soon after, due to the negligence of some men guarding the "Ainain Hills"But after the Muslim archers disobeyed their orders and began deserting their high ground believing victory was at hand, some of you saying, ‘Let us depart, for our comrades have been given victory’, others saying, ‘We should not disobey the command ofRasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), and you disobeyed, his command, and abandoned your station in search of the booty, Some of you desired this world, abandoning his station for the sake of the booty; and some of you desired the Hereafter, holding to it until he was slain, such as ‘Abd Allāh b. Jubayr and his Sahabah. the tide of the battle changed, and it appeared that defeat was imminent. , the enemy made a surprise attack from the rear, turning the victory of the Muslims into defeat. This disaster was the result of the archers’ disobedience Rasulullah's (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) order. (Surah ali'Imran[3:153] )Behold! ye were climbing up the high ground, without even casting a side glance at any one, and Rasulallah (sallallahu alayhi wa salam )in your rear was calling you back. There did Allah give you one distress after another by way of requital, to teach you not to grieve for (the booty) that had escaped you and for (the ill) that had befallen you. For Allah is well aware of all that ye do.
    It was the courage and firmness ofRasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), that saved the situation from utter ruin in the confusion caused by the sudden attack of the enemy who was charging from the front and from the rear. When some of the Muslims were fleeing towards Al-Madinah and the others were climbing up the Uhud, Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), stood firm and resolute at his post with a dozen or so of his Sahabah who had stood the test. He was rallying those who were taking to flight, calling out, "O servants of Allah, come to me."
    When Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) saw this painful defeat that his army faced, he raised his hands towards the heaven praying,
    “O Allah, all praise be to You.
    O Allah, there is no straitening to what You enlarge and no enlarging to what You straiten, no guide to whom You make astray and no deviator to whom You guide, no giver to whom You deprive and no depriver to whom You give, no approacher to what You isolate and no isolator to what You approach.
    O Allah, give to us Your blessings, mercy, favor, and sustenance.
    O Allah, I ask You for the permanent bliss that does not change or disappear.
    O Allah, I ask You for security on the Day of Fear and richness on the Day of Neediness.
    O Allah, I am seeking Your protection from the evil of what You have given to us and what You have not given to us.
    O Allah, endear to us faith and adorn it into our hearts, and make disbelief, apostasy, and disobedience hateful to us, and make us from the prosperous.
    O Allah, make us die Muslims and join us to the righteous; neither disgraced nor tempted.
    O Allah, fight the disbelievers who deny Your messengers and keep (people) away from Your way.
    O Allah, send down on them Your wrath and torment, O You the Lord of the truth.”[13]
    He also invoked Allah in the battlefield with this invocation, “O Allah, praise be to You, to You is the complaint, and You are the Assistant.”
    Then Gabriel came down saying to him, “You have invoked with the invocation of Abraham when he was thrown into the fire and of Jonah when he was inside the whale.” In the morning I went to Uhud to see what people were doing. I had with me a skin full of water. I went to Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) who was among his companions while the Muslims were prevalent .
    ,The Muslims who were surrounding Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)started to fled away ,leaving him almost alone in the battlefield. So the chaos and confusion increased and the Muslims became exposed. A disbeliever hit
    Allah'sRasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)
    ,his lower right tooth and cutting his lower lip, and two rings of the metal head cap he was wearing jabbed his forehead causing blood to flow over his face, he wiped it off saying:
    "How can the people, who injured their Rasulullah's (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) face for nothing but calling upon people to worship their Lord Almighty, be successful?"1
    Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),
    contained himself and walked away as his Sahabah surrounded him. He then fell in a pitch.A cry was heard: Muhammad has been killed!) Thabit bin ad-Dahdaha: When he saw the defeat of Muslims and heard the caller of Abu Sufyan calling out that Muhammad had been killed, he said to the Ansar, “O people of the Ansar, come to me! Come to me! I am Thabit bin ad-Dahdaha. If Muhammad was killed, surely Allah is alive that never dies. Defend your religion, and surely Allah will support and make you prevail.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
k.ibrahim
03-24-2019, 12:12 AM
  1. Bismillah Ir-Rahman, Ir-Raheem. I begin with ALLAH's auspiciousness,whose Name is the Best among all the names. All Revences, All Sanctities and All Worships are due to ALLAH alone. Ashahadu An Laa illaaha illal llahu
  2. Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan Abdu Hu Wa Rasooluhu
  3. ''I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah
  4. who is without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is the Rasool.''
  5. "O Allah, Shower Your Peace come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have brought peace to Ibrahim and his family.
  6. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. O Allah, Shower your blessing upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious". Iam Satisfied with Allâh as My Rabb and Cherisher,Iam Satisfied With Islam as My Din(religion) and I am satisfied with Muhammad as a Rasulallah (Messenger)sallallahu alaihi was salam) I seek Protection with ALLAH! With the Glorious and Noble Face of ALLAH! With the Complete and Perfect words of ALLAH! With the Exalted Attributes of ALLAH! From the Punishment of Hell; From chastisement in the Grave; From the Trial of Life and Death; From the Mischief of the dajjal. There is no power nor strength with (anyone) save Allah. ALLAH is Good and Only accept that which is Good. ALLAH is the Truth and only accept that which True. ALLAH is Pure and only accept that which is Pure. Ya ALLAH! ALL the praises are for You,You are the Holder of the Heavens and the Earth, And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are are the Substaner of the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All the praises are for you;You have the Possession of the Heavens and the Earth and whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All the praises are for You; You are Light(Nur) of the Heavens and Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the King of the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the Truth and Your Promise is the Truth, And Your word is the Truth and the Meeting with You is true, And Parardise is True And Hell is true and All the Prophets(peace be upon them) are true; And Muhammad Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) is true,And the Day of Resurrection is True. Ya ALLAH! You have promise and Your promise is the truth,Ya ALLAH! You have promise and Your words is the truth, Ya ALLAH! You have promise and You are the Truth!. Ya ALLAH! -----------
  7. Hadhrat Ali (Radhiyallaho anho) says:

"We were surrounded by the enemy, and I could not

see Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). I first searched

for him among the living and then among the I

dead, but I could not find him. I said to myself, 'It is

impossible for him to fly from the battle-field. It seems

that Allah is angry with us due to our sins, and He has

lifted him up to the heavens. There is no way left for

me except to jump into the enemy lines and fight till I

am killed.' I therefore attacked the enemy, clearing

them with my sword till I caught sight of Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam); I was very happy and was

sure that Allah had been protecting him through His angels.‘Alî Ibn Abî Tâlib ran to him and picked him up and stood by his side, When

Quraish heard that Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)was killed they all headed towards where he was. Each one wanted to share in torturing and killing him.

Then an enemy contingent advanced to attack Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam).but when the Muslims near him gathered closely around him just like a bracelet on a fist; He said to me,

'Ali go and check them.' I fought and repulsed them

single-handed, killing quite a few of them. After this,

yet another group came to attack him. He again called

out, 'Ali go and check them.' I fought with that group

again single-handed and put them to their heels.' "

It was on this occasion that Hadhrat Jibrail (Alaihe

salaam) came and praised Hadhrat Ali (Radhiyallaho anho)

for his valour and his devotion to Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said:

"Ali belongs to me and I belong to him."

At this, Hadhrat Jibrail (Alaihis salaam) remarked:

"I belong to you both."Other faithful Sahabah, including the brave lady Umme Ammaarah, also prevented the enemy from getting too close to of Yathrib and shielded him against the rain of arrows. Ziyad bin Imarah:He did very well in defending Rasulallah(sallallahu alayahi wa salam). The arrows and spears of Quraysh hit him until he fell to the ground unconscious. He was carried to Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)and he put his head on Rasulullah's (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)leg, but after no long his soul went high towards its Creator.

And Talhah Ibn ‘Ubaidullah held him up and he carried on with the rest, climbing ’Uhud Mountain, trying to flea from their enemy who was in hot pursued, who followed them. Talhah ibn Ubaydullah. Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) clambered up the mountain Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) shouted: "The one who repulses these people from us will be my companion in Paradise." "I, Ya Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) "shouted Talhah. "No, stick to your position," replied Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). A man from the Ansar volunteered and Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)agreed. He fought until he was killed. Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) went further up the mountain with the mushrikin still in close pursuit. "Isn't there someone to combat these?" Talhah again volunteered but Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) ordered him to maintain his position. Another person immediately came forward, fought and was killed. This happened until all who stood by Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) were martyred except Ail ,Talhah and Abu Dujana . "Now, yes," signalled Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and Talhah went into battle.

When this occurred Umm Umarah saw this precarious situation, she put the water-skin on the ground, and took a sword in her hand. Umm Umarah entered the battle, carrying a sword to join the small group who were standing firm with Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), acting as a human shield to protect him from the arrows of the non-believers. Every time danger approached Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) she hastened to protect him. Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) noticed this, and later said, "Wherever I turned, to the left or the right, I saw her fighting in front of me.Her skill with the sword in the battle of Uhud astonished those who saw her. Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)said that in whichever direction he turned in the battlefield he could see her. She fought with the sword and also made good use of bows and arrows; and took a shield left over by a fleeing soldier.Talhah plunged into the enemy and pushed them away from Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam). He turned back to Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) and helped him a little further up the mountain and put him to lie on the ground. He then renewed his attack and successfully repulsed the enemy. Once(Umm Umarah) she noticed a man shouting: "Where is Mohammed himself?" She approached him immediately and inflicted a few blows on him; but he was double-armored and her attacks had not much effect on him. He then inflicted such a heavy blow on the shoulder of the armor less woman that it required treatment for one year. Noticing a stream of blood gushing from her shoulder, Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)called to one of her sons to immediately dress her wound. He put a bandage over her shoulder and she again got busy in the battle.

Meanwhile one of her sons got injured. She took out a bandage and dressed his wound. Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) watching the scene smiled at the heroism of this woman. After dressing her son's wound she instructed him to get going for the battle. These words were still in her mouth when Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) pointed out a man to her and told her that he was the same man who had injured your son. She attacked the man like a lioness and inflicted her sword on his leg. He fell on the ground. Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) said, "Well, thou hast taken thy revenge. Thanks for ALLAH who gave the victory on him and made thy eyes cool." About this occasion Abu Bakr said: "At that moment, Abu Ubayd ibn al-Jarrah and I were far from Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) . When we came close to him to render assistance to him, Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)said: 'Leave me and go to your companion (meaning Talhah)."There was Talhah, bleeding profusely. He had numerous wounds, from sword, spear and arrow. His foot had been cut and he had fallen into a hollow where he lay unconscious. Thereafter Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)said: "Whoever is pleased to see a man still walking on earth who had completed his span (of life), let him look at Talhah ibn Ubaydallah."(The name of the "living martyr" was earned during the Battle of Uhud)"

Many Muslims were martyred and wounded. She herself was severely wounded and there was no hope of her life. After the battle of Uhud, Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)ordered the wounded Muslims to persue the enemy unto Hamra-ul-Asad, to be sure of their intention and condition. Umm Umarah also wanted to accompany them but the deep injuries did not allow her to do so. On returning from Hamra-ul-Asad, Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)before reaching his house sent someone to enquire about her Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) very critical stage in the battle of Uhud. The Mujahidin of Islam were on the verge of defeat and they were scattering. She, along with her two sons, and husband tried to surround Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) in order to ward off and repel any attack on him. She had a sword in one hand and a shield in the other. If the enemy had been on foot and not on horseback, they would have slain all of them. When one of the enemies attacked her she warded off the attack with her shield; she then pulled at the bridle of the horse to turn it around. Taking this opportunity, she plunged her sword into the horse's back. The wounded horse fell, taking the rider with him. Seeing this, Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) called out to 'Abdullah bin Umm 'Umarah to help his mother. And together she and her son finished off the enemy soldier.

'Abdullah bin Umm 'Umarah relates how during the battle of Uhud the enemy made a forceful thrust against them. The Mujahidin scattered before them and he and his mother moved close to Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) to defend him from all quarters. Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)it called out to him to attack the enemy. He threw a stone at the disbeliever; it hit the eye of the horse he was riding. The horse fell to the ground somersaulting. He threw another heavy stone and the enemy died. Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)looked pleased, and then he noticed that Umm 'Umarah was bleeding from the shoulder; he asked 'Abdullah to bandage his mother's wound and said that they were a truly great family. Umm 'Umarah turned to Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)and said to him, "Pray to Allah that He makes us in your company in Paradise."

Thereupon Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) replied,He invoked Allah's blessings on them "Oh Allah, make them in my company in Heaven."

Both Umm 'Umarah and 'Abdullah hearts was comforted and overjoyed by those words when they heard these auspicious words from the lips of Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam).she said in ecstasy, "By Allah, I don't mind any harm that may befall me in this life."

At the same time they were inspired to greater heights of heroism and returned to the attack with renewed vigour.That day, she received thirteen wounds, the severe wound on her neck didn’t heal for a whole year. .His next victim injured him on the left arm with his sword, and a fountain of blood gushed out. Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) told him to immediately bandage his wound. When Umm 'Umarah saw her son bleeding profusely, she bandaged his arm and told him not to lose courage but continue with his attack on the enemy. Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) smiled when he saw the heroism and courage of both mother and son, and said,

'From where can anyone get courage like you, O Umm 'Umarah?' On the day of Uhud, I heard Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) say, 'Whenever I looked to the right or left I saw her fighting in front of me'." This was the life of Umm 'Umara, the warrior who stood when many fled, who sent her wounded son back into the thick of the battle, and was prepared to lose her life to save Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) . In return, she received the du'a for Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) companionship in Paradise.

Umm 'Umarah was standing in front of Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)with a sword when the same man came before them. Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) pointed out to her that this was the man who injured her son. She struck a powerful blow cutting off his leg. The man fell face down; a few other Mujahidin leapt on him and killed him.

Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)was very impressed with this display of strength and courage by Umm 'Umarah. He smiled and thanked Allah who gave her that success and had soothed her grief and avenged her by the death of the enemy before her very eyes. 'Abdullah bin Zayd was struck by a sword on his left arm but carried on fighting without a care

When Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)saw him bleeding, he ordered him to get his wound dressed. Umm Umarah hurried to her son, bandaged his wound, and then told him, "Rise up, son, and beat the enemies."Hearing this, Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)said to her in admiration, "Who can bear what you are bearing, Umm Umarah?" Then he pointed at the man who had injured her son and said, "There is the man who struck your son." Umm Umarah rushed at him and hit him in the leg. When he fell, she killed him with the help of others. Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)smiled at this scene and said, "You are burning with zeal, Umm Umarah!"

The Sahabah ed to defend Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam), letting no one come near him. He (peace be upon him) saw 'Abdullah, the son of Umm Umarah, beside him and asked him, "Are you'Abdullah, the son of Umm Umarah?"

He answered, "Yes."

Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)then told him, "Shoot!" 'Abdullah kept shooting his arrows.

One of the unbelievers, Ibn Qami'ah rushed towards Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)and shouted, "Where is Muhammad? Show us where he is. By Allah, if I don't kill him, I have no hope of living." Umm Umarah encountered him in a combat and he struck her with his sword on the shoulder.Ibn Qumay'a managed to strike a blow at her neck, leaving a very serious wound. Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)saw her wound bleeding (quickly called on her son "Your mother! Your mother! Bandage her wound! May Allâh bless you, the people of a house! The stand of your mother is better than the stand of so-and-so.(and again he named many people). May Allâh have mercy on you, people of a house! The stand of your foster father is better than the stand of so-and-so. May Allâh have mercy on you, people of a house!" That Morning Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)drew his sword, held it in his hand and called out to his Sahaba and said, "Who is ready to take this sword and fulfill it's right?"" Ya Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),, what is its price?" Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), said, "It is to strike the enemy's faces with it until it breaks!" He(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)gave Abu Dujana his sword as the often cited hadith narration reads: Anas reported that Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), took hold of his sword on the Day of Uhud and said: Who would take it from me? All the persons stretched their hands saying: I would do it, I would do it. He Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), said: Who would take it in order to fulfil its rights? Then the people withdrew their hands. Abu Dujana said: I am here to take it and fulfil its rights. He took it and struck the heads of the polytheists. Abu Dujana was a man of courage who used to stand proud and brave in war. He had a red headband that he wore round his head. Whenever he was head-banded everybody knew that he was determined to fight to death. Therefore as soon as Abu Dujana took Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), sword, he banded his head and started strutting proudly amongst the Mujahideen. Upon seeing this, Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), said, "This is a sort of walking that Allah detests except in such a situation (Jihad)." Then the fighting began. In this battle, countless acts of courage can be noted from several of the Sahaba. Abu Dujana, recognized by the red band worn round his head, came forth, fighting with the sword of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),. He was determined to pay its price at all costs. He slaughtered all the idolaters that stood on his way splitting and dispersing their ranks. Az-Zubair bin Al-'Awwam said, "I felt angry and discouraged when Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), refused to give me the sword but instead gave it to Abu Dujana. I said to myself, 'I am his paternal cousin. I am the cousin of his aunt Safiya. Also, I am from his tribe (Quraish). Besides, I was the first who demanded it and yet he favoured him to me. By Allah, I will watch how he will use it.' So I followed him and saw him take out his red band and wear it round his head. Seeing him like that, the Ansar said, 'Abu Dujana has worn the red band of death.' Then he (Abu Dujana) set out saying loudly (in the form of poetry), 'I am the one whom my intimate friend [Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),] made covenant with, when we were under the palm-trees on the mountain side. The covenant was that I would not fight at the rear, but fight at the front heroically with the sword of Allah and His Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),.' During this battle no one stood the way of Abu Dujana and remained alive. There was a man among the idolaters whose only objective was to finish off the wounded Muslims. During the fight, Abu Dujana approached that man; so I (Az-Zubair bin Al-'Awwam) implored Allah that they might engage in combat. They did start fighting and exchanged two sword-strokes. The idolater swung at Abu Dujana, but he escaped it and the sword pierced into his (Abu Dujana's) leather shield. The idolater's sword now stuck to his shield, Abu Dujana lunged at that Kafir with his sword and killed him. Then into the thick of the battle, he rushed to kill a person who was inciting the enemy to fight the Muslims. Upon this the person shrieked and lo! it was a woman. Abu Dujana spared her saying, 'I respect Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), sword too much to use it on a woman.' The woman was Hind bint 'Utbah (the wife of Abu Sufyan who was leading the Quraish army against the Muslims, who later became Muslim)."Describing the same incident, Az-Zubair bin Al-'Awwam said, "I saw Abu Dujana raising a sword over the parting of Hind bint 'Utba's hair but then he moved it away. I said to myself, 'Allah and His Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), know best.' (i.e. why he didn't kill her)."The Quraish circle back and attack the rear of the Muslim army. They even got close enough to attack to Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), himself, injuring him severely.The very few Sahabah who were left circled Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam), shielding him with their spears and arrows. During those awkward moments of Rasulullah's (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),life, a group of Muslim heroes gathered around Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),forming a shield to protect him from the Kuffar. Among them was Abu Dujana. He stood before Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),, shielding him from the arrows with his back. While these assaults on Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), life continued, Uthman ibn Abdullah ibn Al-Mugheerah (one of the enemy) approached him and tried to kill him. But Al-Harith bin As-Simma came to his defense and sliced into Uthman's leg making him fall to the ground. Then Al-Harith killed him. But another Makkan horseman, called 'Abdullah bin Jabir, attacked Al-Harith bin As-Simma, and cut deeply into his shoulder with his sword and he (al-Harith) was carried to the camp of the Muslims suffering from serious wounds. Soon afterwards, Abu Dujana, with his red headband and Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),sword, came upon 'Abdullah bin Jabir and cut his head off with a single stroke. During the confusion, Quraish started to mutilate their bodies to appease their pride over their defeat at Badr. Ka'b bin Masaid, "I was one of those Muslims who fought in Uhud and witnessed the Kuffar's act of barbarity in mutilating the dead bodies, but I left this sight because I couldn't stand it. Then I saw an armed stout mushrik pass through the Muslims and say, 'Gather them up like sheep are gathered and slaughtered!' Similarly I saw an armed Muslim waiting for him. I walked towards them till I stood behind him (the Muslim). Comparing both of them, I considered that the Kafir was superior to the other in arms and size. I kept on watching them while they engaged in man-to-man combat. The Muslim raised his sword up and swung it down hard on the Kafir, so forcefully that the blade went down his hip and split him in half. When the Muslim unveiled his face, he looked at me and said, "What do you think of that, Ka'b? I am Abu Dujana.() (Sa‘d Ibn Abî Waqqâs stood beside Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam),throwing the arrows instead of him, saying: "Throw Sa‘d; let my father and mother be sacrificed for you". Sa`d bin Abi Waqqas said,On the day of Uhud, I saw two men wearing white clothes, one to the right of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),and one to his left, who were defending Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),fiercely. I have never seen these men before or after that day.'
    Meaning angels Jibril and Mika'il, peace be upon them.
  8. ' ‘(Alî Ibn Abî Tâlib filled his armour with water then washed Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) ' face, and poured water on his head. Abû ‘Ubaidah Ibn Al-Jarrâh almost flew to Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) , and removed from his

face the edges of the metal cap that had pierced his cheek by his front teeth, which were broken afterwards, disobedience Rasulullah's (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) order due to that. Many Muslims were martyred and wounded. Nasiba herself was severely wounded and It seem like there was no hope for her life. "After the battle concluded, in the evening of that day (i.e. Saturday, the seventh of Shawwal, 3rd year A.H.)Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), with a group from his companions went looking for his uncle’s body, and when he found it, he was shocked because he found that his uncle’s body had been maimed. He said sadly and angrily, “I will not be afflicted with one like you at all. I have not been in a situation more hurting to me than this…if Allah makes me prevail over Quraysh in a battle from the battles, I will maim thirty men from them. And on this occasion, Allah revealed to Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), these verses, (If you punish, then punish with the like of that wherewith you were afflicted. But if you endure patiently, verily it is better for the patient. And be patient and your patience is not but by (the assistance of) Allah, and grieve not for them, and do not distress yourself at what they plot). Therefore, Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) became patient and gave up. And then, he prohibited the maiming even if against a biting dog.

Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), enshrouded his uncle with his own garment, put the other martyrs beside him,!”[,Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)

felt great pain for the loss of Mus’ab as Muslims lost one of their great leaders who were so loyal and faithful in defending Islam,and offered the prayer on them seventy-two the Martyreds. Then he himself buried his uncle while shedding tears and feeling deep sorrow. He said addressing his martyred uncle, “O you the uncle of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) the lion of Allah, and the lion of His Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)O you, the doer of goodness, the reliever of distresses, O Hamza the defender of the messenger of Allah!” After the burial of His(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)uncle. Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)ordered the wounded Muslims to persue the enemy unto Hamra-ul-Asad, to be sure of their intention and condition. Umm Umarah also wanted to accompany them but the deep injuries did not allow her to do so. On returning from Hamra-ul-Asad stayed there for three days — Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday —Shawwal, 3 A.H. and then returned to Madinah.

Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) arrived in Madinah before reaching his house sent someone to enquire about Umm Umarah. And also whem He(sallallahu alayahi wa salam) arrived in Madinah The women of the Ansar held meetings of mourning on their killed men. When Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), passed by them, he said, “But there are no mourners for Hamza!” So the women of the Ansar informed each other about the saying of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). , and said, “Do not weep for your killed ones until you weep for Rasulullah's (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), uncle.” Then, the women held meetings of mourning for Hamza Rasulullah's (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)uncle. As soon as he(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) reached his house, he handed his sword to his daughter Fatimah and said, "O daughter, wash the blood off this sword. By Allah, it has been helpful to me today." 'Ali bin Abi Talib also handed her his sword and said, "And wash the blood of this sword too. By Allah, it has been helpful to me today." So Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),said, "Sahl bin Haneef and Abu Dujana have been as courageous as you are in the Jihad. "Abu Dujana"To us, his life is a legacy of sacrifice and lessons of bravery and fierceness against Kufr. And to the soldiers of Allah who wear the "red band of death" in our time, he is the epitome of a true Mujahid. May the mercy of Allah be upon Abu Dujana and All the Sahabah may He guide our Muslim youth towards the examples that they left behind. Ameen.

Nasiba Umm Umarah!her courageous character earned her the respect of all the Sahabah, especially the Khalifa's who would visit her and pay special attention to her. 'Umar ibn al Khattab was brought some silk garments, which contained excellent quality material. One of the people remarked "This garment is worth such-and-such (meaning how expensive it was). You should send it to the wife of 'Abdullah ibn 'Umar, Safiyya bint Abi 'Ubayd." 'Umar radiallaahu 'anhu however, did not desire such a garment for his daughter in law. "That is something which I will not give to Safiyya. I will send it to someone who is more entitled to it than her - Umm 'Umara Nusayba bint Ka'b. The deep scar on the shoulder of Nasiba, daughter of Kaab, spoke of a major wound in the past. Whenever the women, especially of the younger generation who had not seen the time of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),or were too small at that time, noticed the cavity in her shoulder, they enquired with extreme curiosity about the frightening incident, which had resulted in the injury to her shoulder. They loved to hear her adventures in the battle of Uhud from her own mouth.

Why should we not be thankful to those who believed in Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) assisted him, strove with their lives and wealth to make the Word of Allah supreme, preserved and transmitted to us our Din (Religion)? Who is more deserving that we pray for them and speak of them in the best manner and think of them with the best thoughts? It is incumbent upon the Muslims to love Allah; to love His Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam),, to love what Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) brought as guidance and as his practise; to love his descendants, his Sahabah, his wives, his children, his servants, and to love those who love them and hate those who hate them, as this is the meaning of loving for Allah’s sake and hating for Allah’s sake, and that is the most excellent kind of faith. Scholar Al-Fudayl ibn `Iyyad said, “Indeed, I love those whom Allah loves. They are those from whom the Companions of Muhammad Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) are safe. I hate those whom Allah hates. They are the people of the deviant paths and innovation.” All this should suffice as evidence that the correct understanding of Islam is that of the Sahaba and all those that follow their path, in truth. They are the best generation of Islam and they understood Qur’an and Sunnah the best.

We should approach the Deen in the manner they approached it. We are obliged to follow them, and that means, first and foremost, to have the same creed as they did, no deviations, no additions and no deletions. We also have to approach `ibadah in the same way, no innovations, no additions and no deletions. We take all of the Sunnah and refer all disagreements to Allah and His Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)as Allah (s.w.t.) commanded us in the Qur’an [4:59].

To follow the Sahaba does not only mean to have the same understanding of the prescripts of belief as they did. That belief must be manifested in our actions and to follow the Sahaba also means to possess their other characteristics, some of which have been identified by our scholars as:

Also, the Sahaba presented every action according to the scales of the Sharee`ah, they used to remember and think a lot about death, they were forgiving to those who wronged them in any way, they had a great respect for the honour of other Muslims, for whom they desired only good, they were mindful of their prayers, they used to put the Hereafter before this Dunya, they realized that they could not thank Allah enough and they stayed away from the sinful and their gatherings. Allah, The Exalted, most appropriately describes them: “Muhammad Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)and those who are with him (the Sahabah) are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their faith) is no their faces (foreheads) from the traces of (their) prostration (during prayers).” [48:29] We ask Allah to enable us to learn about the lives of the Sahaba and to make our lives resemble theirs. For it was that said,

1. “Whoever will read their biographies with understanding and insight, and will come to know the rewards bestowed by Allah upon them (the Sahaba), he will certainly realize that these are the best among humans after Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). Neither there has been anyone like them nor will there be.”

1. O Muslims People! It was yesterday! And It is also incumbent upon us today to teach Future generations forever more! the fact that the Muslims of the beginning of Islam owed their glory ,their greatness,their faith and their sincere efforts to ALLAH and Him alone!and that we must try to adopt their Love for ALLAH,their Love for Rasulullah(sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) ,their devotion and their manners if we want to regain the dignity ,the honour and the greatness that Muslims ummah really deserve.

1. After the battle of Uhud,By the command of ALLAH! Islām spread more and more, and far and wide. This shows that whether Muslims win a battle or receive a set-back, Islām will always spreads as this is the Will and plan of ALLAH! And it is the universal religion(Din) for the whole of humanity till the end of time.

MazharShafiq
03-24-2019, 08:48 AM
thanks for this informative post.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.