/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Referring to past deeds to avoid contributing to the current need.

Imraan
03-24-2019, 11:34 PM
Assalam walaikum.

I have a question and although this topic is an interesting one to implement / enforce in our daily lives it's definetely worth highlighting. May Allah swt guide us from such behaviours, thought process and acts as it does seem irrational and shallow.

Scenario:

Someone poor (even someone collecting on behalf of a masjid which you' probably might not even visit due to its geographic location) asks you for help / money.
You respond with a charitable act / donation.

Some period later, the same person asks you for help / money. You again respond with a charitable act / donation.

Same events can be re occurring ... for arguments sake.

Up to a point when you are approached again but this time you decide you haven't got anything (or don't want to) to give / contribute. You should just say sorry.. you don't have the means.

What some people do though and it's perfectly natural in humans to have this permutation within behaviours is that they may say "I've already given, I don't want to have to give again" or make up some excuse i.e. I don't trust them enough to know what they do with the money or talk ill of them (individial) to escape from the responsibility of helping this person or the person collecting on behalf of the masjid.

There is a ayat in the quran (2 : 263) and I quote with translation

"and honourable word and forgiveness are better than alms followed by injury"

Please excuse me if you don't entirely agree with this translation or the wording used here.

Please can I have your feedback on how the above ayat relates to the aforementioned scenario in layman's terms or in a way that easier to understand for us that are less wise?

May this hikma guide us all insh Allah so we don't make this mistake when being approached for help.

Jazakumulla khair
Imran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
03-30-2019, 09:55 AM
Walaikum Assalaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
Please can I have your feedback on how the above ayat relates to the aforementioned scenario in layman's terms or in a way that easier to understand for us that are less wise?

May this hikma guide us all insh Allah so we don't make this mistake when being approached for help.

Jazakumulla khair
Imran
What you've said is correct. The tafsir of the ayah is that Allah praises a person who gives in His cause and who then refrains from reminding the person of his charity. Furthermore, that he does not cause harm to the people he gives the charity to. Allah nullifies their deed for doing so. http://www.alim.org/library/quran/Al...fsir/TIK/2/262

When you are approached by someone and are not able to give, one thing you can do is to make a du'a. For example by saying, "May Allah grant us both rizq (provision), or "May Allah bless us in this world and hereafter."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.