/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is my prayer valid?

Nitro Zeus
03-29-2019, 10:32 AM
Today I have prepared for Midday prayer and guess what? I forgot to make the dog to get out from my room. And it is not my dog, it is my sister's dog and he stayed in his place and did not moved from his place luckily.

And I have forgotten to say shahada after ablution.

So, my prayer is still valid or invalid?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ZeeshanParvez
03-29-2019, 04:04 PM
If the place in your room where you prayed was not dirtied by your dog, then your prayer is valid.

Saying shahadah after ablution is a recommended act which has nothing to do with the validity of your prayer. If you forget to say it, your prayer is still valid.

So, if the place where you prayed was clean and not dirtied by the dog, your prayer is valid.

Nitro Zeus
03-29-2019, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
If the place in your room where you prayed was not dirtied by your dog, then your prayer is valid.

Saying shahadah after ablution is a recommended act which has nothing to do with the validity of your prayer. If you forget to say it, your prayer is still valid.

So, if the place where you prayed was clean and not dirtied by the dog, your prayer is valid.
So, even saying Bismillah before making ablution is not mandatory? But only Sunnah?

ZeeshanParvez
03-29-2019, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
So, even saying Bismillah before making ablution is not mandatory? But only Sunnah?
That's not mentioned in the OP.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
03-29-2019, 07:55 PM
That's not mentioned in the OP.
I forgot to mention this, so I needed to ask now because I forgot.

ZeeshanParvez
03-30-2019, 01:11 AM
I forgot to mention this, so I needed to ask now because I forgot.
There is a difference of opinion on this one.

The Shaafi'i and Hanafi schools say that saying Bismillaah at the beginning of the Wuduu is a Sunnah. It is not waajib. Hence, if you forget it, your Wuduu is valid.

The Hanaabilah hold it to be waajib. They say you must say Bismillaah before the Wuduu.

Nitro Zeus
03-30-2019, 02:27 AM
There is a difference of opinion on this one.

The Shaafi'i and Hanafi schools say that saying Bismillaah at the beginning of the Wuduu is a Sunnah. It is not waajib. Hence, if you forget it, your Wuduu is valid.

The Hanaabilah hold it to be waajib. They say you must say Bismillaah before the Wuduu.
Last question: Today, I have prayed Dawn prayer without ablution thinking that I am cleaned. Because, my dad says that I can offer ablution unless I think that I am dirty, otherwise there is no need to repeat the ablution if I am already cleaned. Is he correct in Islamic point of view? If yes, can you give me some narrations about this so that I can support his claim?

فصيح الياسين
03-31-2019, 07:53 PM
Last question: Today, I have prayed Dawn prayer without ablution thinking that I am cleaned. Because, my dad says that I can offer ablution unless I think that I am dirty, otherwise there is no need to repeat the ablution if I am already cleaned. Is he correct in Islamic point of view? If yes, can you give me some narrations about this so that I can support his claim?
Clean is opposite of unhygienic or dirty. Thus ablution differs
Point of ur dad is not good. Thus prayer is invalid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.