/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When does a situation fall under your fault/punishment?

ameerkam
03-30-2019, 03:49 AM
Assalamualaikum

I heard from Nouman Ali Khan that if something bad happens (like getting a speeding ticket after you were speeding) and it was a result of your actions (like the example above) it is your punishment. Does this practice apply to other situations such as a depressed person not feeling motivated to ask for help and they feel depressed as they didn’t ask for help. Also, I heard that if you recite the three “Qul” Surah’s, Allah will help you. Does that mean if you do not recite these duas, you deserve the bad things that happen to you?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ameerkam
03-30-2019, 04:19 AM
Assalamualaikum

There was a Hadith that stated if you read the three Qul surahs at dawn and dusk, Allah will help you with your problems. Does this still have the same/similar effect if you did them later? (For example if I forgot) and if I didn’t do these things, does this mean I deserve whatever calamity befalls me because I didn’t do it?

Jazzakallahu Khair

ardianto
03-30-2019, 03:17 PM
Waalaikumsalam warahmatullah wabarakatuh

Maybe you've heard that if you don't do anything, nothing will happen. Likewise when you're in trouble. If you don't make an effort to solve your problem, then your problem will never be solved. This is not punishment, but a consequence.

What about du'a?. Du'a is very helpful, only if you make an effort. But if you only make du'a without making an effort, then du'a will not help.

-------

[From Aisha: "Rasulullah shallallahu alayhi wasalam when in bed every night, gathered his palms and then the two palms were blown and recited 'Qul huwallahu ahad' (surah Al-Ikhlas), 'Qul audud birobbil falaq '(surah Al-Falaq) and' Qul a'udzu birobbin naas' (surah An-Naas). Then Rasulullah rubbed the palms of the hands on the body parts that were able to be reached starting from the head, face, and front body. Rasulullah did this three times. "[HR Bukhari]

Reciting three surah "Qul", In Shaa Allah, makes us protected by Allah. But that does not mean if we do not recite three surah"Qul", then we get punished and will get calamity. Status of reciting three surah "Qul" is sunnah, not wajeeb (mandatory).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.