/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm losing my faith

AlviZaman
03-30-2019, 01:58 PM
Hello,
I wasl born in a lower-middle class family and it never really bothered me since I dont really care about money. What does bother is the actions of my father. He has never been a proper role model and has always opted to ask for money from his family instead of actually working for it. My mother is heavily materialistic and expects me to give her everything her sisters got from their husbands, i.e in terms of materialistic need. These things have always bothered me yet I've never even thought of being ungrateful to Allah. It's just that lately my attitude towards life is changing. I really wanted to get into a good university and failed to do so. I can't even begin to explain how hard I had studied for it and also prayed to Allah each and every day. It didnt make it and now I'm struggling as private universities in my country are expensive and my parents are pressurizing me with unrealistic expectations. I'm beginning to question whether Allah loves all of us equally. Everyone around me has had fairly easy lives compared to me and continue to enjoy without any hardship, whereas my suffering never seems to end. I'm beginning to question whether working hard or praying has any value to begin with.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
beleiver
03-30-2019, 02:23 PM
Allah tests the ones he loves...keep the faith

ardianto
03-30-2019, 02:37 PM
Assalamualaikum

One of my brother classmate came from poor family. He had a dream to have better life in the future. But he failed to enter state university, and could not go private university due to high cost. So he chose to work and then started his own small business. Now, Alhamdulillah, he is a rich man. Richer than me and my brother who came from upper-middle class family and went to university.

Everyone has his own destiny. If you can’t go to university, probably this is your destiny. But it doesn’t mean you are destined to never get better life in the future. So, if you can’t go to university, try to seek a job. Probably this is your destined way to gain better life in the future. Like the man who I mentioned above.

Always believe that Allah will give the best for you,

ZeeshanParvez
03-30-2019, 02:40 PM
Your premise is flawed.

You are thinking that success in this world equates to Allaah loving you. You are thinking this equates to there being a God.

This is not how you look at things.

You look at things how Allaah has told you in the Qur'aan and the Sunnah.

When you look at things from those two sources, then you see the truth of Islaam.

For starters, trials are a part of this world. You will be tried. Allaah says

Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while such [trial] has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until [even their] messenger and those who believed with him said,"When is the help of Allah ?" Unquestionably, the help of Allah is near.

[Qur'aan 2:214]

According to a saheeh hadeeth (authentic narration): "The greatest reward comes from the greatest trial. When Allaah loves people, He tests them, and whoever accepts it gains the pleasure of Allaah and whoever complains earns His wrath.

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2396;and Ibn Maajah, 4031; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani.

So, you see. You have it the other way around.

The more trials you face. The more your desires are rejected. The more hardships that come your way. The more Allaah loves you.

What the Qur'aan and the Sunnah say are coming true right before your eyes. If anything, your faith should be increasing because you can see with your very own eyes how true every word of the Qur'aan and Sunnah is.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bint e aisha
03-30-2019, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlviZaman
Hello,
I wasl born in a lower-middle class family and it never really bothered me since I dont really care about money. What does bother is the actions of my father. He has never been a proper role model and has always opted to ask for money from his family instead of actually working for it. My mother is heavily materialistic and expects me to give her everything her sisters got from their husbands, i.e in terms of materialistic need. These things have always bothered me yet I've never even thought of being ungrateful to Allah. It's just that lately my attitude towards life is changing. I really wanted to get into a good university and failed to do so. I can't even begin to explain how hard I had studied for it and also prayed to Allah each and every day. It didnt make it and now I'm struggling as private universities in my country are expensive and my parents are pressurizing me with unrealistic expectations. I'm beginning to question whether Allah loves all of us equally. Everyone around me has had fairly easy lives compared to me and continue to enjoy without any hardship, whereas my suffering never seems to end. I'm beginning to question whether working hard or praying has any value to begin with.
Assalamu alaikum

Allah ta'ala says in Surah al-Anfal:

"Some Muslims desire the commodities of this world, but Allah desires [for you] the Hereafter. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise."

When Allah ta'ala loves a person, he takes away dunya and grant them a good place to dwell in akhirah and it is not the other way round. The Prophets علیهم الصلاة والسلام went through a lot of difficulties and hardships which we can't even imagine. Read about their lives. Read about your own Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم. He was the most beloved of Allah ta'ala still he faced hardships. Ponder over this hadith of Sahih Bukhari:

Narrated Khabbab bin Al-Arat:

We complained to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) (of the persecution inflicted on us by the infidels) while he was sitting in the shade of the Ka`ba, leaning over his Burd (i.e. covering sheet). We said to him, "Would you seek help for us? Would you pray to Allah for us?" He said, "Among the nations before you a (believing) man would be put in a ditch that was dug for him, and a saw would be put over his head and he would be cut into two pieces; yet that (torture) would not make him give up his religion. His body would be combed with iron combs that would remove his flesh from the bones and nerves, yet that would not make him abandon his religion. By Allah, this religion (i.e. Islam) will prevail till a traveler from Sana (in Yemen) to Hadrarmaut will fear none but Allah, or a wolf as regards his sheep, but you (people) are hasty.

Saira Khan
03-30-2019, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlviZaman
Hello,
السلام علیکم

"...The life of this world is nothing but an illusion."
[al-Hadeed - 57:20]

"With firm words, Allah makes the believers steadfast in
the life of this world and in the hereafter;
and Allah lets the wrongdoers go astray.
Allah does what He pleases."
[Ibrahim - 14:27]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.