/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are Duas to be recited in our hearts or with mouth?

Nitro Zeus
03-30-2019, 05:45 PM
Does Quran allows us to Supplicate to God in our mind and not by using tongue?

Please let me know

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
03-31-2019, 01:28 PM
O you who have believed, remember Allah with much remembrance

And exalt Him morning and afternoon.

It is He who confers blessing upon you, and His angels [ask Him to do so] that He may bring you out from darknesses into the light. And ever is He, to the believers, Merciful.

Their greeting the Day they meet Him will be, "Peace." And He has prepared for them a noble reward..

O Prophet, indeed We have sent you as a witness and a bringer of good tidings and a warner.

And one who invites to Allah, by His permission, and an illuminating lamp.

And give good tidings to the believers that they will have from Allah great bounty.

And do not obey the disbelievers and the hypocrites but do not harm them, and rely upon Allah . And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.

..I'm at an extreme..

I feel that every action is a dua of sorts.

But seeing as most things are beyond our control or understanding.

Remember Allah swt often.

He knows what is in our hearts and minds.

The religion is established to keep them clean and free of created evil.

.. imo

Mayameen
03-31-2019, 04:30 PM
Allah says remember Me, I will remember you. Dhikr

Mayameen
03-31-2019, 04:31 PM
Praise be to Allah

Firstly:

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Remember Allah with much remembrance.

And glorify His Praises morning and afternoon (the early morning (Fajr) and Asr prayers)”

[al-Ahzaab 33:41, 42].

Here Allah, may He be exalted, instructs the believers to remember Him with much remembrance, such as tahleel (saying “Laa ilaaha ill-Allah (There is no god but Allah)”), tah@meed (saying “al-hamdu Lillah (praise be to Allah)”), tasbeeh (saying “Subhaan Allah (glory be to Allah)”), takbeer (saying “Allahu akbar (Allah is Most Great)”), and other words that bring one closer to Allah.

The minimum of that is regularly reciting the dhikr for morning and afternoon, following the five obligatory prayers, and on various occasions when there are reasons to recite dhikr.

One should persist in doing that at all times and in all situations, by virtue of which the doer may advance without much effort, for that will motivate him to love and know Allah, and it will help him to do good and will restrain his tongue from evil speech.

“And glorify His Praises morning and afternoon” that is, at the beginning and end of the day, because these are virtuous times and it is easy to do this at those times.

Tafseer as-Sa‘di (p. 65)

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and remember Allah much, that you may be successful”

[al-Jumu‘ah 62:10].

Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

That is, when you are buying and selling, giving and taking, remember Allah much, and do not let this world distract you from that which will benefit you in the Hereafter. End quote.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer (8/1 23)

And Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, the Muslims (those who submit to Allah in Islam) men and women, the believers men and women (who believe in Islamic Monotheism), the men and the women who are obedient (to Allah), the men and women who are truthful (in their speech and deeds), the men and the women who are patient (in performing all the duties which Allah has ordered and in abstaining from all that Allah has forbidden), the men and the women who are humble (before their Lord Allah), the men and the women who give Sadaqat (i.e. Zakat, and alms, etc.), the men and the women who observe Saum (fast) (the obligatory fasting during the month of Ramadan, and the optional Nawafil fasting), the men and the women who guard their chastity (from illegal sexual acts) and the men and the women who remember Allah much with their hearts and tongues (while sitting, standing, lying, etc. for more than 300 times extra over the remembrance of Allah during the five compulsory congregational prayers) or praying extra additional Nawafil prayers of night in the last part of night, etc.) Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise)”

[al-Ahzaab 33:35].

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
04-01-2019, 05:38 PM
I often recite shahada in my mind each night before I go to sleep thinking that I might have committed disbelief and I want to wipe out.

So, is that ok in Islamic point of view?

Please let me know because I'm scared. I heard that I must recite with loud voice but I don't know whether it is ok to recite also in my mind shahada.

dqnet
04-08-2019, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
I often recite shahada in my mind each night before I go to sleep thinking that I might have committed disbelief and I want to wipe out.

So, is that ok in Islamic point of view?

Please let me know because I'm scared. I heard that I must recite with loud voice but I don't know whether it is ok to recite also in my mind shahada.
Brother, read this verse: https://quran.com/7/55 and then further break down the words to get more meaning. So in the case of 'humility' see: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/humility
And see: https://quran.com/2/186 - there is no mention of calling your lord loud.
Finally see: https://quran.com/7/205 - there is no mention of calling your lord loud just to remember him always.

The point to note is call upon your lord in humility/modesty - be calm and recite with a low voice.

And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.