/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Told my wife wait till "this time" to pray....she doesnt listen..

Stoic
04-01-2019, 03:00 PM
So i attempt to wake my wife for fajr. She wakes but still lays for a minute cuz tired. Talks to me a bit. Sunrise in 15 mins...she lays there...while I wait for her to get up..she then gets up goes to make wudu right as sunrise hits. Gets out bathroom and I told her wait till 7. She ignores or doesnt hear and prays anyway...

What exactly can I do now? I don't know wheteher to feel sad or not

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
04-02-2019, 12:25 AM
Hey.. at least she woke up.

I don't know how long you have been married, it's hard work!

But we do change over time.

You either take all the negatives or build on the positives.

Don't ruin your prayers for each other or yourself.. try keeping hold of a feeling.

urkahnkhan
04-02-2019, 04:16 AM
There is no compulsion in religion. Don't wake her up anymore just advice her in the day time to get up for fajr herself but don't wake her up for fajr anymore. Just make dawah to her instead regarding fajr and it's benefits but never wake her up again. Let her take responibility for her own salah.

It's best when things come from the heart and with free will hence there is no compulsion in religion

Abz2000
04-02-2019, 04:39 AM
Dopamine - reward center - perception of whether heavy item is a block of gold or a heavy brick.

It happens to me often - usually when mentally exhausted and away from pondering deeply on Quran verses.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
04-02-2019, 05:08 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Maybe you can wake her up earlier and pray tahajjud together, until it is fajr time.

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: May Allah have mercy on a man who gets up at night and prays, and awakens his wife; if she refuses, he should sprinkle water on her face. May Allah have mercy on a woman who gets up at night and prays, and awakens her husband; if he refuses, she would sprinkle water on his face.

“When a man wakes up his wife at night and they pray together – or they pray two rak’ats together – they are written down among ‘the men and women who remember’.” [Abu Dawud]

Supernova
04-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Asalaamualaykum:

How many times has this happened ?

CuriousonTruth
04-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Praying Tahajjud is not possible for normal people. Please give advise according to practicality.

As for the OP, at least she is putting an effort. Well sort of. It's a step in the right direction.

*charisma*
04-02-2019, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
Praying Tahajjud is not possible for normal people. Please give advise according to practicality.

As for the OP, at least she is putting an effort. Well sort of. It's a step in the right direction.
^o) Then what special people can pray tahajjud? Please do elaborate??

CuriousonTruth
04-02-2019, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
^o) Then what special people can pray tahajjud? Please do elaborate??
For starters it is unsuitable for people with jobs, work, etc. I am assuming here that at least one of the couple in question has a full time job.

Tahajjud can work for masjid imams or preacheres, not for ordinary people.

*charisma*
04-02-2019, 08:48 PM
For starters it is unsuitable for people with jobs, work, etc. I am assuming here that at least one of the couple in question has a full time job.

looool what a statement. Ridiculous.

piXie
04-02-2019, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by urkahnkhan
There is no compulsion in religion. Don't wake her up anymore just advice her in the day time to get up for fajr herself but don't wake her up for fajr anymore. Just make dawah to her instead regarding fajr and it's benefits but never wake her up again. Let her take responibility for her own salah.

It's best when things come from the heart and with free will hence there is no compulsion in religion
:sl:

I understand where u r coming from, however the verse about no compulsion in religion doesn't apply to Muslims. Sadly, this verse is very commonly misapplied.

xboxisdead
04-03-2019, 01:37 AM

Careful what you are implying here. You almost saying it is not compulsory for a person to practice Islam period or pray Fajir prayer or any prayer. I would prefer it if you went this route instead, a person have a choice to pray and not pray:

A) If he prayers he goes to paradise
B) If he does not pray he goes to hellfire

The above is true in that everyone have choices and they get to pick the route that takes them to hellfire and the route that takes them to paradise. Please tell me with the choices above if then practicing your religion of Islam is not compulsory or is compulsory?

I assure you praying fajir is compulsory.

It is that simple. Waking her up is compulsory. If she wants to divorce because her husband is waking her for fajir, by Allah (subhanahu Wa Talaa) if I was that husband she can have that divorce in a heart beat. I will not commit suicide for it, either.

xboxisdead
04-03-2019, 04:27 AM

The amount of ignorant people about our religion, Islam, terrifies me when I read posts like this. What are you talking about? Before you talk about Islam, research and go to scholars and ask questions or else you may look like an ignorant person to the general public. Islam is not a special elite religion designed for the rich and the average poor and Joe cannot enter the club!! Nor is it for the whites. Nor is it for specific gender groups only. Nor is it for specific age group only. NOR IS IT FOR WEALTHY PEOPLE ONLY. Islam is a religion for HUMAN KIND (ALL HUMAN KIND ON EARTH): Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Philippine, Pakistani, Hindu, Somali, European, Western, Eastern, Northern, Southern, even Sikhs will be asked in day of judgement why they associated partners with Allah and they will be thrown in hellfire if they do not repent while they are living on Earth and revert back to Islam! Man, women, father, mother, heterosexual or homosexual we will all be resurrected in day of judgement and will be judged at that day for our deeds whether it is good or evil! The prayer tahajjud can be done even if you have a meeting early in the morning and your job position depend on it! If you can pray Tahajjud everyday DO IT regardless if you have school the next morning or you have an exam at 9:00 AM and you need to wake up at 6:00 AM to reach on time, if you can wake up for Tahajjud and pray do it!! Use that time to pray to Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) to make your school or exam an easy one.

ZeeshanParvez
04-03-2019, 10:47 AM

What incorrect advice.

urkahnkhan
04-03-2019, 12:03 PM
I apologize to op. I was incorrect in my advice after reviewing my own statements i realized it

CuriousonTruth
04-03-2019, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
The amount of ignorant people about our religion, Islam, terrifies me when I read posts like this. What are you talking about? Before you talk about Islam, research and go to scholars and ask questions or else you may look like an ignorant person to the general public. Islam is not a special elite religion designed for the rich and the average poor and Joe cannot enter the club!! Nor is it for the whites. Nor is it for specific gender groups only. Nor is it for specific age group only. NOR IS IT FOR WEALTHY PEOPLE ONLY. Islam is a religion for HUMAN KIND (ALL HUMAN KIND ON EARTH): Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Philippine, Pakistani, Hindu, Somali, European, Western, Eastern, Northern, Southern, even Sikhs will be asked in day of judgement why they associated partners with Allah and they will be thrown in hellfire if they do not repent while they are living on Earth and revert back to Islam! Man, women, father, mother, heterosexual or homosexual we will all be resurrected in day of judgement and will be judged at that day for our deeds whether it is good or evil! The prayer tahajjud can be done even if you have a meeting early in the morning and your job position depend on it! If you can pray Tahajjud everyday DO IT regardless if you have school the next morning or you have an exam at 9:00 AM and you need to wake up at 6:00 AM to reach on time, if you can wake up for Tahajjud and pray do it!! Use that time to pray to Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) to make your school or exam an easy one.
I wasn't talking about Islam, I was talking about Tahajjud prayer. Calm down and read it again.

Yes sure it is "possible" only problem is it will result in physical and psychological fatigue overtime. I mean sure if you are unemployed, an Imam, a preacher or a housewife, it can work out.

xboxisdead
04-03-2019, 02:25 PM
I wasn't talking about Islam, I was talking about Tahajjud prayer. Calm down and read it again.

Yes sure it is "possible" only problem is it will result in physical and psychological fatigue overtime. I mean sure if you are unemployed, an Imam, a preacher or a housewife, it can work out.
At the beginning, sure. Because your body is not used to that. However, if you intend to do this for the pleasure of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) and you are determined, Allah (Subhanah Wa Talaa) will make it easy for you and make your body strong and awake and alert even if you do tahajjud every day. However, if it is a medical reasons...for example you have seizures and if you do not get specific rest everyday then you will have seizure triggers which could damage your brain and could result in death..then no..don't do it. You can also reschedule your sleeping hours. Say for example, you sleep at 1:00 AM everyday, then by all means that is impossible to do...because your body have rights on you too...and it's rights for good amount of sleeping hours. But you want to pray tahajjud and sleeping at 1:00 AM will prevent you from achieving this task and from 10:00 PM or 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM you are just watching TV or watching a wall. Then go to bed early so that you have more sleeping hours so that when you wake up at night it is easy for you and you will not be tired during the day.

I mean there is always means of doing it if you really want to do it. Placing excuses is just an easy cop-out to not wanting to do it from the first place. I would prefer it if you said it is not wajjib to pray tahajjud then having this spinning in our tail with excuses that can be destroyed in every direction you throw it.

ZeeshanParvez
04-03-2019, 02:44 PM

You need to read the Qur'aan, Sunnah, and lives of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them all) a bit more closely.

CuriousonTruth
04-03-2019, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
You need to read the Qur'aan, Sunnah, and lives of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them all) a bit more closely.
I know for a fact that Prophet(S) didn't make Tahajjud farj for the same reason I mentioned, there are a few hadiths related to it which you can read about it. Infact he(S) actively discouraged other muslims from doing some of the practices he did like praying most of the night.

There are different levels, and as a person you need to know your level and reach.

ZeeshanParvez
04-03-2019, 05:21 PM
I know for a fact that Prophet(S) didn't make Tahajjud farj for the same reason I mentioned, there are a few hadiths related to it which you can read about it. Infact he(S) actively discouraged other muslims from doing some of the practices he did like praying most of the night.

There are different levels, and as a person you need to know your level and reach.
Allaah did not make it an obligation. However, I do not see how it will only work if you are an Imam, housewife, preacher, or unemployed. I know laborers who pray Tahajjud.

*charisma*
04-04-2019, 02:00 AM

The prophet actively discouraged muslims from praying tahajjud? Pardon?? Please reference this idea. Also tahajjud is not praying all night long. I hope you actually know what it is you're trying to argue against.

Secondly, just because you have weaknesses in your ibaadah, does not mean you should discourage others from increasing theirs. That is one of the worst things you can do! This is exactly what shaytaan does.

Tahajjud prayer is one of the best prayers one could do for himself to connect to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. It is especially encouraged for those who have stressful lives. You are praying to the ONE whose hands hold your entire life events. What in the world would tempt you to discourage someone from tahajjud salaah simply because of a wordly job? And please do not degrade the jobs of those whom you mentioned as if they have nothing else in their lives. A person whose heart belongs to Allah does not need to compete with a job to serve Him.

xboxisdead
04-04-2019, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
The prophet actively discouraged muslims from praying tahajjud? Pardon?? Please reference this idea. Also tahajjud is not praying all night long. I hope you actually know what it is you're trying to argue against.

Secondly, just because you have weaknesses in your ibaadah, does not mean you should discourage others from increasing theirs. That is one of the worst things you can do! This is exactly what shaytaan does.

Tahajjud prayer is one of the best prayers one could do for himself to connect to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. It is especially encouraged for those who have stressful lives. You are praying to the ONE whose hands hold your entire life events. What in the world would tempt you to discourage someone from tahajjud salaah simply because of a wordly job? And please do not degrade the jobs of those whom you mentioned as if they have nothing else in their lives. A person whose heart belongs to Allah does not need to compete with a job to serve Him.
:o:o:o:o:o Can't help myself :D:D:D:D I had to give you a like for such an awesome reply! - GRIN - I couldn't have worded any better than that!! :D:D:D:D

AbdurRahman.
04-04-2019, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic
So i attempt to wake my wife for fajr. She wakes but still lays for a minute cuz tired. Talks to me a bit. Sunrise in 15 mins...she lays there...while I wait for her to get up..she then gets up goes to make wudu right as sunrise hits. Gets out bathroom and I told her wait till 7. She ignores or doesnt hear and prays anyway...

What exactly can I do now? I don't know wheteher to feel sad or not
Brother do you and your wife follow Hanafi madhab? 'cause if you do then salah is not valid when praying during sunrise so show her this fatwa:

Your prayer would not be valid at that time. You would need to wait until sunrise is over (10-15mins) and then pray Fajr as a makeup (qada’).

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersguidance-hanafi/32047

- - - Updated - - -

@Stoic yes do this ^ and just set the alarm about 45 mins before sunrise. This will give her some time to snooze before she gets up

This will absolve you of your duty unto her

xboxisdead
04-04-2019, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdurRahman.
Brother do you and your wife follow Hanafi madhab? 'cause if you do then salah is not valid when praying during sunrise so show her this fatwa:

Your prayer would not be valid at that time. You would need to wait until sunrise is over (10-15mins) and then pray Fajr as a makeup (qada’).

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersguidance-hanafi/32047

- - - Updated - - -

@Stoic yes do this ^ and just set the alarm about 45 mins before sunrise. This will give her some time to snooze before she gets up

This will absolve you of your duty unto her
Brother!! Did you miss the part where he retracted himself and apologized for his mistake in this statement? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Did you miss the part where I said the consequence of not praying and how can you consider this non-compulsory then? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Did you miss the part where before the prophet (peace be upon him) died because the Jews poisoned him at his deathbed he did his final teaching to mankind and reminded mankind about prayer three times emphasizing its importance?

Or did you miss the part where the five pillars of Islam right after shahada is prayer?

Did you miss the part that Allah warned mankind: male or female that consequences of disbelieve and where you will be in the afterlife?

If I was to tell you that driving right will make you the richest person on Earth and you will be the happiest person on Earth and if you drive to the left you will fall off a click and the car will explode burning you to shreds and your job is to inform people and if people refuse because they don't believe what you say or lazy or forgetful or need reminder will you then tell the person..OH it is not compulsory to warn people of driving to the left, let them drive the to left and if they believe it in their heart or wish to do it in their heart they will drive to the right?

Like serious?? :heated::heated::heated:

dqnet
04-08-2019, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
What incorrect advice.
To be honest I dont think this is entirely incorrect advice. You cannot force someone to pray. Praying should come from the heart and if someone is making prayer difficult for themselves and their partners then you should do what keeps you close to god the most. If this means praying alone then there is nothing wrong with that. Prayer is an individuals obligation not a groups obligation. Making duaa that she will change is the best one can do for those people. The Quran mentions many times that prayer is obligatory and people should take note from that. In fact some people will find great difficulty in doing it and others who are closer will find no difficulty.

وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ ۚ وَإِنَّهَا لَكَبِيرَةٌ إِلَّا عَلَى الْخَاشِعِينَ - 2:45Source: https://quran.com/2/45 and https://quran.com/2/46اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ ۚ وَإِنَّهَا لَكَبِيرَةٌ إِلَّا عَلَى الْخَاشِعِينَ - 2:45

AbdurRahman.
04-08-2019, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
Brother!! Did you miss the part where he retracted himself and apologized for his mistake in this statement? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Did you miss the part where I said the consequence of not praying and how can you consider this non-compulsory then? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Did you miss the part where before the prophet (peace be upon him) died because the Jews poisoned him at his deathbed he did his final teaching to mankind and reminded mankind about prayer three times emphasizing its importance?

Or did you miss the part where the five pillars of Islam right after shahada is prayer?

Did you miss the part that Allah warned mankind: male or female that consequences of disbelieve and where you will be in the afterlife?

If I was to tell you that driving right will make you the richest person on Earth and you will be the happiest person on Earth and if you drive to the left you will fall off a click and the car will explode burning you to shreds and your job is to inform people and if people refuse because they don't believe what you say or lazy or forgetful or need reminder will you then tell the person..OH it is not compulsory to warn people of driving to the left, let them drive the to left and if they believe it in their heart or wish to do it in their heart they will drive to the right?

Like serious?? :heated::heated::heated:
What r u on about bro? :?

He said his wife prays fajr when sun is rising, and I gave him a fatwa that her salah won't be valid

A simple answer to his dilema

So what on earth r u on about about a thousand and 1 thing he and you and others mentioned??? :slap::Emoji47:

Altaqwa
04-08-2019, 10:33 PM
Sounds like she lacks incentive.

Does she pray at other prayer times?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.