/* */

PDA

View Full Version : filling in eyebrows

kinda halal sis
04-03-2019, 02:07 PM
salammmm sisters how are y’all

i have a question ab shaping eyebrows. so i already heard that muhammad (saws) cursed the woman who plucks her eyebrows so inshallah i’m safe from that. however, what is the ruling on penciling the eyebrows? like drawing above ur natural brows without plucking them. and there’s this gel that u can use to draw in ur eyebrows and when u peel it off ur eyebrows are shaped. is that okay? and just mentioning again that no hair is removed in the proccess.

tysm,, jazakumallahu khayran
- ur sis in islam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ZeeshanParvez
04-03-2019, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kinda halal sis
salammmm sisters how are y’all

i have a question ab shaping eyebrows. so i already heard that muhammad (saws) cursed the woman who plucks her eyebrows so inshallah i’m safe from that. however, what is the ruling on penciling the eyebrows? like drawing above ur natural brows without plucking them. and there’s this gel that u can use to draw in ur eyebrows and when u peel it off ur eyebrows are shaped. is that okay? and just mentioning again that no hair is removed in the proccess.

tysm,, jazakumallahu khayran
- ur sis in islam

My wife does this.

The ahnaaf allow it but you have to be married and do it for your husband

However, it is permitted for married women to pencil the eyebrows, without removing the hair, for beautification for their husbands, provided they do not expose them in front of non-Mahram men

MazharShafiq
04-04-2019, 01:41 PM
This is a topic we just want to avoid or hope it would just go away Although, not thinking about it does not mean that the Hukum (order) isn’t there. And you know what? It is sad to say that at least 90% of our sisters (if not more) are guilty of doing it.
But dear Sister, have you really thought about it?
What does Islam REALLY say about shaping the eyebrows?
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-Uthaymeen says:
“Plucking of women’s eyebrows is not permissible. That’s because the Messenger of Allaah (sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa sallam) cursed the one who does it. It is haraam and is not permitted.”
The evidence:
1) Removing or plucking the eyebrows implies changing the creation of Allaah, as Allaah tells us that the Shaytaan said:

“…..and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allaah.” [al-Nisa:119]

Abd-Allaah ibn Masood said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa sallam) say:

“Allaah has CURSED the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows and the one who has it done, and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of Allaah.” (Bukhaari, Muslim)

Can you do it if (you think) it makes you look ugly?

Dear sister, do not forget that Allaah is Wise in whatever He decrees for His slaves.Some people are beautiful in appearance and some are not; that’s just how it is and the entire matter is entirely in the hand of Allaah. Therefore, it is essential that you be patient and seek reward with Allaah, and not transgress His sacred limits for the sake of your looks.
Just think….even if the whole world were to tell you that you look beautiful with your eyebrows shaped, would it even be worth a dot or an atom, if in Allaah’s eyes you were ugly? And if the whole world were to tell you that you are ugly, would it really matter as long as you were beautiful in front of Allaah????

kinda halal sis
04-04-2019, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
This is a topic we just want to avoid or hope it would just go away Although, not thinking about it does not mean that the Hukum (order) isn’t there. And you know what? It is sad to say that at least 90% of our sisters (if not more) are guilty of doing it.
But dear Sister, have you really thought about it?
What does Islam REALLY say about shaping the eyebrows?
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-Uthaymeen says:
“Plucking of women’s eyebrows is not permissible. That’s because the Messenger of Allaah (sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa sallam) cursed the one who does it. It is haraam and is not permitted.”
The evidence:
1) Removing or plucking the eyebrows implies changing the creation of Allaah, as Allaah tells us that the Shaytaan said:

“…..and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allaah.” [al-Nisa:119]

Abd-Allaah ibn Masood said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa sallam) say:

“Allaah has CURSED the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows and the one who has it done, and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of Allaah.” (Bukhaari, Muslim)

Can you do it if (you think) it makes you look ugly?

Dear sister, do not forget that Allaah is Wise in whatever He decrees for His slaves.Some people are beautiful in appearance and some are not; that’s just how it is and the entire matter is entirely in the hand of Allaah. Therefore, it is essential that you be patient and seek reward with Allaah, and not transgress His sacred limits for the sake of your looks.
Just think….even if the whole world were to tell you that you look beautiful with your eyebrows shaped, would it even be worth a dot or an atom, if in Allaah’s eyes you were ugly? And if the whole world were to tell you that you are ugly, would it really matter as long as you were beautiful in front of Allaah????
masha’allah. that was a very good explanation, and i highly appreciate your response! however i won’t ever pluck my eyebrows insha’allah, i was asking on the ruling on drawing over them without removing the hair. does this come under the same ruling as plucking them? again thank you for your response, jazak allahu khayran.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.