/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to make myself accepted and treated ok?

Nitro Zeus
04-06-2019, 10:47 AM
I am planning to pray in school because, I cannot delay prayers anymore, I'm tired of delaying prayers while I'm school. My parents wont let me pray in school neither in public.

My Muslim father told me once: "have some respect to yourself, dont ridiculize yourself in front of others, you can recover by combining prayers when you get home not in public so that others will mock at you"

I asked once my Christian mom: "mom? How do I get courage to pray even in public such as in Mall?"

She told me that I dont have to auto humiliate because nobody does that. And I have told her that there are also Muslim women praying in public and also Muslim men praying in public, why I cannot do that just like they do? And she told me because only "fanatic" people do that in public. In my point of view, she is completely wrong. Because, there is no shame on praying and in fact, Earth has been made to be a place of worship and she told me that I can pray only by myself where others dont see you and only in clean area you can not just everywhere.

This has upset me because I have not been assisted on that, I feel like having a Shia father whom I cannot trust him but obly Sunni I can.

So, can you please tell me how do I make myself accepted in public by strangers as I am without being filmed? Because, I hate being filmed without my permission. And she kept saying bad words such as "people will look at you as a freak" which I hate her statement. How can I make others including my class mates to not film me and have a little respect for me? Because, each time someone film me without my permission, I get very angry thinking that I would be a subject of mockery. Because, it happened in past this and I try not to let it repeat it again by God's help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
04-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Asalamualykum

May Allah swt protect you at all times Ameen.

Number 1 is your safety. Try and plan your day around salaah. Find out when prayer times are and make yourself available for 5 or 10 mins to pray. Prepare before salaah if you can. For example doing your wudu. If you have a trusted companion pray wherever you want and ask your friend to keep a look out for you. Try and pray in masjids as this is more safe for you. If you feel you can't hack public places which is understandable then please find a private space and pray. Do you have a private place in your school? Usually you have a faith room where you can pray or find an empty classroom.

It is best to pray salaah at it's appointed time so it is good you are trying to do this. At the same time protect yourself from harm. May Allah swt keep you safe Ameen.

I would also like to encourage you to work on your own inner strength. Unfortunately all of us have experienced bullying and nasty remarks. This could be because your skin colour is too pale, too dark, you're too short, you're fat, you don't come from the 'right' caste etc. Know that people's remarks are not the truth and it is more of a reflection of them than you. Alhamdulilah.

Nitro Zeus
04-06-2019, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum

May Allah swt protect you at all times Ameen.

Number 1 is your safety. Try and plan your day around salaah. Find out when prayer times are and make yourself available for 5 or 10 mins to pray. Prepare before salaah if you can. For example doing your wudu. If you have a trusted companion pray wherever you want and ask your friend to keep a look out for you. Try and pray in masjids as this is more safe for you. If you feel you can't hack public places which is understandable then please find a private space and pray. Do you have a private place in your school? Usually you have a faith room where you can pray or find an empty classroom.

It is best to pray salaah at it's appointed time so it is good you are trying to do this. At the same time protect yourself from harm. May Allah swt keep you safe Ameen.

I would also like to encourage you to work on your own inner strength. Unfortunately all of us have experienced bullying and nasty remarks. This could be because your skin colour is too pale, too dark, you're too short, you're fat, you don't come from the 'right' caste etc. Know that people's remarks are not the truth and it is more of a reflection of them than you. Alhamdulilah.
Yes but the Mosques are far away and the break time is short and I dont have time to go to Mosque. The word "appointed" what does it mean? Does it mean to pray before the time is over? Or shouldbI pray the minute it starts the Announcement? Because, sometimes I feel like not praying on time and I need this to be clarified. If I pray few minutes after the Adthan is made, does.that count as if I have come late? Or as if I come on time? Because, I forgot.

BeTheChange
04-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Pray wherever you are but try and make it private so your are not exposed to verbal abuse. We should pray after salaah commences so if Asar starts at 4pm we should pray at 4.01pm if we can. If not we should pray before the next salaah starts. I hope that makes sense and i hope it becomes easy for you Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
04-06-2019, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Pray wherever you are but try and make it private so your are not exposed to verbal abuse. We should pray after salaah commences so if Asar starts at 4pm we should pray at 4.01pm if we can. If not we should pray before the next salaah starts. I hope that makes sense and i hope it becomes easy for you Ameen.
Aha, ok I think I have understood. Thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.