/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal Meat

Student S
04-06-2019, 09:02 PM
Salaam.is only HMC meat halal? We used to bring from TESCO and there is near by asian shop from where i get chicken and lamb. But that doesn’t say HMC only just Halal. I asked the person at shop and he said here is all muslim community and they all buy from here. My friend said tesco has HFA which has doubt. I am now confused, sometimes we get take away or wrap etc but they only say its Halal. How could i find if its HMC or not. Last time we got meat n that said HAMZA HALAL... now my friend has warned me abt hamza products. They are v doubtful. Plz guide me abt it. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Also my neighbors sends food etc they also get from different shops or if we are guest at some place i wont be sure about if the meat is Hmc or not. What will i have to do in that context?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
04-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Walaikum assalam wr wb

Any Muslim place that advertises as 'Halal' is halal and not only HMC

IF a Muslim gives you meat then you just trust it as halal.

Avoid chicken from HFA as HFA stuns the chickens first and from the stunning itself 20% of the chickens die before the halal slaughter*. So that means 20% of HFA chicken is not halal. Can you be sure that part of that 20% is not the chicken you buy?

* ref: our Imam in local masjid. He heard it direct from HFA slaughterhouse worker

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about Hamza Halal, but find out if they stun too, if they do, then don't buy chicken from them

Student S
04-07-2019, 10:43 PM
Thanks brother. Still not clear what if family or neighbors bring Hfa halal meat. How could I confirm or i shall eat without any investigations?

AbdurRahman.
04-07-2019, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Student S
Thanks brother. Still not clear what if family or neighbors bring Hfa halal meat. How could I confirm or i shall eat without any investigations?
Yes you can eat without investigation:

Narrated Aisha(ra): A group of people said to the Prophet(pbuh), Some people bring us meat and we do not know whether they have mentioned Allah’s name or not on slaughtering the animal He said, Mention Allah’s name on it and eat. Those people had embraced Islam recently.(Bukhari vol.VII pg.002 English Translation)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Student S
04-07-2019, 11:30 PM
JazakAllah khair brother its much clear now.

*charisma*
04-08-2019, 03:31 AM
Walaikum Asalaam

Salaam.is only HMC meat halal? We used to bring from TESCO and there is near by asian shop from where i get chicken and lamb. But that doesn’t say HMC only just Halal. I asked the person at shop and he said here is all muslim community and they all buy from here. My friend said tesco has HFA which has doubt. I am now confused, sometimes we get take away or wrap etc but they only say its Halal. How could i find if its HMC or not. Last time we got meat n that said HAMZA HALAL... now my friend has warned me abt hamza products. They are v doubtful. Plz guide me abt it. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Also my neighbors sends food etc they also get from different shops or if we are guest at some place i wont be sure about if the meat is Hmc or not. What will i have to do in that context?
HMC is the only qualified organization in the UK which can confirm halal meat through investigation. However, this doesn't mean that if halal meat is not confirmed by them that it is no longer halal, it just means that whoever is selling the meat did not have it verified as halal by that organization, but to be on the safeside it is better for it to be qualified. In regards to Humza halal, there was an article which found their meat contaminated with pork at one point (6 years ago), and last year there was an article which stated they are certified by the HMC, however if you go to the HMC website, they are not listed. I would suggest perhaps emailing HMC and asking directly.

For asian shops, it's probably halal. YOu can check here to make sure https://halalhmc.org/

AbdurRahman.
04-08-2019, 06:56 AM

If it don't have a hfa label on it or the neighbours don't say it's hfa then you just eat it.

However the doubt regarding hfa only applies to poultry as larger animals won't die from just the stunning

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.