/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praying in space

Nitro Zeus
04-07-2019, 02:39 PM
I'm grade 12, and I plan to go to Airspace Engineer college then to work for NASA in ISS with intention of earning good money.

My questions are:

1) how do I know when it is time for Dawn, Midday, Mid Afternoon, Sunset and night prayer? Is there any app that can tell you when to pray in while being in space? Because, I dont know the timining there for prayer.

2) how do I perform ablution there? Or should I do tayamumm?

3) if I'm outside of space station working, then I can pray even there without ablution?

Please let me know

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
12-01-2019, 07:18 PM
This video will help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahYf1vy9UEc

MUSLIMS PRAYING IN SPACE? - YouTube
How do Muslims do wudhu in space? Which way do they face? How do they do istinja? Presented by Toyris Miah Subscribe for more videos like this ➡️ http://yout......

ahmedc123
12-02-2019, 12:19 AM
salaam, obviously in space the timings for prayers cannot be determined by the solar cycle as on earth. However in my humble opinion, what we need to look at is the general principal, and analogy form sirah. Prayer is spread throughout the day as a constant reminder, and to synchronise with fellow Muslims in jamah. Since you will be travelling in a sense, then you should space ( no pun ! lol ) out the prayers similarly to what you would on earth, say in Makkah. The important bit is you pray. The timings in Islam were done so that everyone can easily see the time, and then do it, synchronised, as an Ummah.
If you had a colony in space, then the same principle would apply. The imam or khalif would agree the times, and then the community would do it. About your goals in life, earning good money is one factor, but i would urge you not to compromise your deen, and once you have learned your skills & experience, perhaps help the Ummah in some way, eg maybe make Islamic sattelite or defense systems, but of course this can only come about within a strong and stable islamic society

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.