/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bid'ah

Saeeda Shaikh
04-09-2019, 05:44 PM
The word Bid'ah is from the root word Al-Bada - which means to create something without precedence. Bid'ah means innovation in the religion for there is no proof from the Quran and Hadith and according to the Hadith, every innovation in the religion of Islam must be rejected.

A'isha reported Allah's Messenger as saying: "He who innovates things in our affairs something, which does not belong to it, it is to be rejected". (Sahih Muslim)

Bid'ah comprises any novelty or innovated practice in Islam that has no evidence in the Shari'a or even in the practice of the Sahaba. Prophet pbuh never practiced nor approved it. So it's very important to follow Sunnah and abstain from these innovation. As much as Sunnah is obliged upon us, innovation is prohibited.

The Messenger pbuh has warned this Ummah of introducing Bid'ah.

"And verily, this is my Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His Path". [6:153]

The Messenger of Allah pbuh said "I have not left anything that would bring you closer to Allah, except that I have commanded you to do it. And I have not left anything that would distance you from Allah, while bringing you closer to the Hellfire, except that I have forbidden you from doing it." [Musnad Ahmad, Silsilah Sahiha 1803, Sahih by Albani]

Introducing Innovation in Deen implies that our religion is not yet completed whereas Allah states in the Qur'an that

"This day, I have completed your religion for you, perfected My blessings upon you, and am pleased with Islaam as your Religion". [5:3]

Innovation implies that religion is not perfect yet, still need reformation. Prophet Muhammad pbuh illustrated each and every act of the religion clearly. Islam is not like cherry- picking. It's prescribed and sent down by Allah. So no one has the authority to change the religion of God. Bida'h is the doorway to 'kufr' and 'shirk'. In the holy Qur'an Allaah says: "What! Have they partners (In godhead), who have established for them Religion without the permission of Allaah?" [surah 42 As-Shura, verse 21]

Bidah brings divisions (sects) in the Ummah. While cultural, social aspect could be subject to change but it is not the case with religious matters. Even adopting new technology is permissible but introducing a religious practice which originally wasn’t a part of Islam engage in bid’ah which is strictly prohibited. The only method to avoid Bid'ah is to study the life of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh that's real benchmark for Ummah if he did then we can practice that deeds and if he didn't practice then we should never ever adopt that act, no matter if the whole world is practicing it, and are against us. As this is the matter faith and bid'ah may destroy our faith.

May Allah give us the ability to do the right thing (Ameen).Attachment 6666Attachment 6667

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!