/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rights of neighbours

ameerkam
04-09-2019, 06:44 PM
I looked up the rights of neighbours and some of them seem difficult to do in a western country such as: attending their funeral or taking care of them when they are ill. In the U.K., people are generally more reserved and may find it suspicious that I am doing these things.

Below is a list of what I found on the website I looked at. Is this correct? Also, would there be differences depending on the context of where you are living?

Our duty to our neighbors include meeting the following:
You must help him if he asks for your help
Give him relief if he seeks your relief
Lend him if he needs a loan
Do not block his air by raising your building high without his permission
Do not harass him
Give him a share when you buy fruits; if you do not, bring what you buy quietly and let not your children take them out to excite the jealousy of his children.
You must visit (and take care of) him when he is ill
You must attend his funeral when he dies (and take part in burial arrangements)
If he commits a sin, prevent it from being known
Congratulate him if he is met with good fortune
Grieve in sympathy if a calamity befalls him
When a member of your community is in need, danger or illness or calamity has fallen on him, it is your duty as a Muslim to reach out and offer them help (regardless of the neighbor’s faith or background). To fail to do this is to fail in our duty to our neighbors, and is to leave a gaping hole in the Ummah.

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
04-10-2019, 07:23 AM
Just be nice, smile and say hello when you see them. Borrow them what you can if they ask to borrow however if they're untrustworthy people and you know they're not likely to pay back (if your neighbour is a criminal for example) then you can politely decline (unless in the rare case where they might be starving and have no money for food)

Make sure you don't disturb them with noise

Tolerate from them as much noise as you can (but if it's too loud noise like loud music in middle of night then you can politely ask them to turn volume down or off)

Also give them dawah when you can

And that just about basically covers fulfilling rights of neighbours in the west :)

MazharShafiq
04-11-2019, 02:41 PM
yes it is right

aqib012
04-14-2019, 08:15 AM
yes, everyone should try to follow

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.