/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ruling on not doing ghusl after saying shahada

Nitro Zeus
04-10-2019, 07:34 AM
I read on internet that the Prophet said to one who converted to Islam to make ghusl.

If I havent done ghusl after saying shahada, does that makes me a non Muslim? Or still a Muslim?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
04-11-2019, 02:39 PM

Converting to Muslim step 2

This article will describe step 2 of converting to a Muslim please read step 1 before proceeding by clicking here

Step 1 described how to convert to a Muslim by performing the Shahadah (declaration of faith) Now you will learn what to do after having said your Shahadah

Once a person has said Shahadah and thus converted to a Muslim she or he should do the following purifications.

1. A female convert Muslim should trim her nails short, shave the hair under her armpits and pubic hair (for those below puberty they will not have such hairs so they can just shorted their nails).

2. A male convert Muslim should trim his nails short, shave the hair under his armpits, pubic hair and shave the hair on his head (and later get circumcised as soon as possible)

(for those below puberty they will not have such hairs so they can just shorted their nails).

Narrated by Abu Dawood (356) which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) commanded a kaafir man who had become Muslim, "Shave off the hair of kufr and get circumcised." (Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood; see also al-Mughni, 1/276; Sharh al- Umdah by Shaykh al-Islam, 1/350)

NEXT
After you should take a shower (ghusl) and wear clean pure cloths. By clean it is meant they should be free from impurity such as urine, feces and dog saliva.

Then take a shower and wear clean cloths . Then you should learn how to prayer and start praying if the time of prayer has arrived. Please look in the worship section of the website on how to prayer and for prayer times.

Also note that hairs under the armpits and pubic hair should not be aloud to grow for longer than 40 days.

Nitro Zeus
04-11-2019, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq

Converting to Muslim step 2

This article will describe step 2 of converting to a Muslim please read step 1 before proceeding by clicking here

Step 1 described how to convert to a Muslim by performing the Shahadah (declaration of faith) Now you will learn what to do after having said your Shahadah

Once a person has said Shahadah and thus converted to a Muslim she or he should do the following purifications.

1. A female convert Muslim should trim her nails short, shave the hair under her armpits and pubic hair (for those below puberty they will not have such hairs so they can just shorted their nails).

2. A male convert Muslim should trim his nails short, shave the hair under his armpits, pubic hair and shave the hair on his head (and later get circumcised as soon as possible)

(for those below puberty they will not have such hairs so they can just shorted their nails).

Narrated by Abu Dawood (356) which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) commanded a kaafir man who had become Muslim, "Shave off the hair of kufr and get circumcised." (Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood; see also al-Mughni, 1/276; Sharh al- Umdah by Shaykh al-Islam, 1/350)

NEXT
After you should take a shower (ghusl) and wear clean pure cloths. By clean it is meant they should be free from impurity such as urine, feces and dog saliva.

Then take a shower and wear clean cloths . Then you should learn how to prayer and start praying if the time of prayer has arrived. Please look in the worship section of the website on how to prayer and for prayer times.

Also note that hairs under the armpits and pubic hair should not be aloud to grow for longer than 40 days.
I understand this, but I was asking this because in past I have said shahada without doing bath and other things. I wonder, does that makes me a non Muslim? Or I'm still a Muslim?

مجرد روح مهجورة
04-19-2019, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
I understand this, but I was asking this because in past I have said shahada without doing bath and other things. I wonder, does that makes me a non Muslim? Or I'm still a Muslim?
No, that doesn't make you a non Muslim.

It's preferable and good to take bath when one takes the Shahada. But it's not obligatory.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.