/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

Leemah
04-11-2019, 12:58 PM
My name is Haleemah,I'm 23 years old.I'm currently studying mathematics in the university. My Dad is a Christian, mom Muslimah.my Dad isn't financially stable which is why his friend a pastor who doesn't know about my faith,supports me financially with my education and personal stuffs.this made dress like non Muslim cos the day he discovers I practice Islam will be the day he will cut all ties with me,if I follow my heart which is wearing of Niqob,I would lose this opportunity of schooling.cos there will be no one to support me financially.my Dad has four of my siblings to care for.I don't know what will happen to me.now I'm having issues with the Muslim society in my school, they are criticizing me of my mode of dressing, they thought I'm having a nice time dressing this way,they thought I don't see the beauty of hijab.but they dont know what I'm going through, sometimes I feel like committing suicide as its only Allah who understands me.I'm confused, I don't know what to do.should I give up my dreams and start wearing Hijab?then I'll have to go back home and sit cos no one will support me financially again as the only person financing me is against the practice of Islam.I'm typing this message with tears in my eyes. I've thought of so many things,still no way out.I think I'll have to live this way till I finish my university education, then I can start my own life the way I want it.but what if I don't make it till then?is Allah angry with me?what will I tell Allah?these questions have been bothering me.I dont want to end up committing suicide as its a sin itself. Suggestions please.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
04-11-2019, 01:47 PM
I think you can complete your dreams with wearing hijab am I right?

Leemah
04-11-2019, 02:14 PM
Hmmm,thanks but you don't seem to get my message. please tell me how I can achieve that.

AbdurRahman.
04-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Sis, your story is too incredulous.

So you think big bucks (that you'll earn after uni education) is more important than hijab and even your life (as you're feeling suicidal)?

And other girls in the West? Taunt you for not wearing hijab as if there are no non hijabi Muslims in uni?

Sorry sis, try another story as I can smell this scam from a mile away

And no one's going to give you money for uni education anyway

My apologies if I got It wrong, but I don't think so :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AbdurRahman.
04-12-2019, 06:09 AM
Although I think this is an attempted scam, I.e. you're hoping someone or groups of people would offer to financially 'help', yet I'll still answer for the unlikely chance of someone really in that situation.

The answer is very simple:

You've been through college and have been studying in uni for a while. That is enough education to get a decent job, so it doesn't matter if your financier finds out you're Muslim and stops paying your uni fee as you can still get a decent job even without uni

So don't worry if he finds out. Just wear the hijab and if he finds out. No big deal, leave uni and carry on practicing your deen and be happy for all the education Allah has given you!

Leemah
04-12-2019, 01:25 PM
I'm sorry to say this,but your thinking is very narrow.this is something that brings sadness to me whenever I think about it.but all you could think is scam?good for you!I won't say much to this,Allahu halam.

- - - Updated - - -

As regards this statement "as if there are no hijabi Muslims in the uni",yes there are,intact many.but you can't find them among the hijabite sisters.I like being among the hijabites in my school,I like attending MSSN programs(Muslim Students Society of Nigeria).They are my friends,this is why they get the chance to criticize me as I'm always different among them.but they don't know what I'm going through. They aren't aware that what they see as something I enjoy is a big source of sorrow to me.at least I tried by using scarfs, but they always like preach what I already know to me all the time.
I'm not at all angry at you point of view,cos its possible u never faced hardship, and u don't even know what its like to have nothing. Allahu A'alam.

bint e aisha
04-12-2019, 03:39 PM
السلام علیکم ورحمة الله وبركاته

format_quote Originally Posted by AbdurRahman.
Sis, your story is too incredulous.

So you think big bucks (that you'll earn after uni education) is more important than hijab and even your life (as you're feeling suicidal)?

And other girls in the West? Taunt you for not wearing hijab as if there are no non hijabi Muslims in uni?

Sorry sis, try another story as I can smell this scam from a mile away

And no one's going to give you money for uni education anyway

My apologies if I got It wrong, but I don't think so :)
O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin.

format_quote Originally Posted by Leemah
My name is Haleemah,I'm 23 years old.I'm currently studying mathematics in the university. My Dad is a Christian, mom Muslimah.my Dad isn't financially stable which is why his friend a pastor who doesn't know about my faith,supports me financially with my education and personal stuffs.this made dress like non Muslim cos the day he discovers I practice Islam will be the day he will cut all ties with me,if I follow my heart which is wearing of Niqob,I would lose this opportunity of schooling.cos there will be no one to support me financially.my Dad has four of my siblings to care for.I don't know what will happen to me.now I'm having issues with the Muslim society in my school, they are criticizing me of my mode of dressing, they thought I'm having a nice time dressing this way,they thought I don't see the beauty of hijab.but they dont know what I'm going through, sometimes I feel like committing suicide as its only Allah who understands me.I'm confused, I don't know what to do.should I give up my dreams and start wearing Hijab?then I'll have to go back home and sit cos no one will support me financially again as the only person financing me is against the practice of Islam.I'm typing this message with tears in my eyes. I've thought of so many things,still no way out.I think I'll have to live this way till I finish my university education, then I can start my own life the way I want it.but what if I don't make it till then?is Allah angry with me?what will I tell Allah?these questions have been bothering me.I dont want to end up committing suicide as its a sin itself. Suggestions please.
Sister, please answer these questions:

1. You've said your mother is a Muslimah so why is she living with a Christian man. Doesn't she know that this is zina?

2. When your father is supporting your siblings financially then why has he singled you out? Why can't he take your responsibility?

Leemah
04-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Sis Aisha,thanks for your contribution. Actually I didn't really wan to go deep down as I only wanted some advise on what to do.but now that my sincerity is being tested then I'll explain everything.
When I was born,I met my Dad and Mom practicing Christianity in ivory coast, I was born Christian.2005,my Dad brought me and my immediate younger brother to Nigeria to stay with my uncle who was then a banker.My uncle is a Muslim.My Dad went back to ivory coast.my uncle took responsibility, he registered us in a primary school.not long,my uncle lost is job in Wema bank,and he is yet to recover from that till today,if not he would have still be the one to take responsibility on us till now.I became Muslim through my uncle.things weren't going right for my Dad again in ivory coast,so he and my Mom had to move to Nigeria his home country. My Dad and mum only understood French as that's where they grew up,met,get married and started a family. This made it difficult for my Dad to get a job.then he moved to our home town.he got a security job at the polytechnic where he is being paid #15,000.this amount isn't even enough for his upkeep to talk of 4 siblings and me.my mom started petty trading at the bus stop.bcos of all these I couldn't further my studies on time when I graduated from secondary school in 2014.Due to the environment, my mom saw the beauty of Islam,then she decided to convert. My Dad couldn't say much to this cos he is not as buoyant as before. This is why they were able to live peacefully which (may Allah forgive me)I love.I don't want them to get separated, they are each others strength. Then my Dad's friend came in from the church.he came to our house, said I should be coming to the church with my Dad.he said so many things to convince me,that was when he advised me to take jamb.he gave me the money... And that is the beginning of the story.

bint e aisha
04-12-2019, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Leemah
Sis Aisha,thanks for your contribution. Actually I didn't really wan to go deep down as I only wanted some advise on what to do.but now that my sincerity is being tested then I'll explain everything.
When I was born,I met my Dad and Mom practicing Christianity in ivory coast, I was born Christian.2005,my Dad brought me and my immediate younger brother to Nigeria to stay with my uncle who was then a banker.My uncle is a Muslim.My Dad went back to ivory coast.my uncle took responsibility, he registered us in a primary school.not long,my uncle lost is job in Wema bank,and he is yet to recover from that till today,if not he would have still be the one to take responsibility on us till now.I became Muslim through my uncle.things weren't going right for my Dad again in ivory coast,so he and my Mom had to move to Nigeria his home country. My Dad and mum only understood French as that's where they grew up,met,get married and started a family. This made it difficult for my Dad to get a job.then he moved to our home town.he got a security job at the polytechnic where he is being paid #15,000.this amount isn't even enough for his upkeep to talk of 4 siblings and me.my mom started petty trading at the bus stop.bcos of all these I couldn't further my studies on time when I graduated from secondary school in 2014.Due to the environment, my mom saw the beauty of Islam,then she decided to convert. My Dad couldn't say much to this cos he is not as buoyant as before. This is why they were able to live peacefully which (may Allah forgive me)I love.I don't want them to get separated, they are each others strength. Then my Dad's friend came in from the church.he came to our house, said I should be coming to the church with my Dad.he said so many things to convince me,that was when he advised me to take jamb.he gave me the money... And that is the beginning of the story.
Dear sister, it is not right for your mother to live with your father as it's a major sin but you won't be held responsible for that. Regarding your situation, I'll just give you a straightforward answer. It is haraam for a Muslim woman to expose her awrah, your circumstances are not that critical that you would be granted permission to go in front of non-mahram men without hijab. Do not disobey Allah ta'ala. He is Ar-Razzaq, He is your Rabb, your nourisher, so you should rely on Him and He will become sufficient for you.

Leemah
04-12-2019, 05:40 PM
Jazakallahu khaeran sis,I'll try to take a new step then.May Allah help me.

AbdurRahman.
04-12-2019, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bint e aisha
السلام علیکم ورحمة الله وبركاته

O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin.
Walaikum assalam rahmatullahi barakatuh

Thanks Sister. I was so sure it was a scam that writing anything else would have insulted my intelligence. Also I didn't want OP to think Muslims were stupid

However I did give her some benefit of the doubt hence I preapologised and also answered her questions

Ümit
04-13-2019, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdurRahman.
Walaikum assalam rahmatullahi barakatuh

Thanks Sister. I was so sure it was a scam that writing anything else would have insulted my intelligence. Also I didn't want OP to think Muslims were stupid

However I did give her some benefit of the doubt hence I preapologised and also answered her questions
So you chose to risk to sin rather than to get your intelligence insulted?
That was an intelligent decision...gratulations...

İ think you just insulted yourself with this move.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!