/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Young and held accountable?

Studentofdeed
04-12-2019, 07:01 PM
When I was young. I was born a Muslim and would like to think I was Muslim and not a hypocrite. However I wouldn't pray as our Muslim community was very small and limited in knowledge. My family were very ignorant as well in Islamic knowledge as well. In high school surrounded by non Muslims I engaged in backbiting. I never bullied anyone and tried my best to be good but even still I did backbiting. Know obviously I know the difference between wrong and right and what backbiting is. But I am scared about my past and whether or not I was a hypocrite. I had absolutely no Islamic knowledge despite calling myself Muslim. I was 17 or 18 at the time so this is clearly beyond puberty. I would try to be kind but unfortunately I engaged in lot of backbiting. And often I would be rude. Would Allah understand and not hate me even at that time?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
04-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Brother, when one sincerely repents to Allah for their past sins, which I'm sure you must have done many times, ALL their past sins are wiped clean, so don't worry about the past as it's forgiven InshAllah!

Studentofdeed
04-12-2019, 09:56 PM
Jazakallah khayran. I just.hope.even then Allah did not hate.me. I was very ignorant and had so little knowledge that it might scare me to say that I might have been a hypocrite. I really hope I was not a hypocrite

AbdurRahman.
04-12-2019, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Jazakallah khayran. I just.hope.even then Allah did not hate.me. I was very ignorant and had so little knowledge that it might scare me to say that I might have been a hypocrite. I really hope I was not a hypocrite
I don't think you was a hypocryt as ignorance mitigates such sins. I.e. you was only a teenager that did not know any better so just like a human judge takes age, maturity, any mitigating circumstances into consideration, so does Allah even more :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Studentofdeed
04-13-2019, 12:14 AM
Jazakallah khayran brother. That makes me feel better and gives me hope

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.