/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mus`ab ibn `Umayr:{First Ambassador of Islam}

k.ibrahim
04-12-2019, 10:22 PM

1. Mus`ab ibn `Umayr:{First Ambassador of Islam} BismillahIr-Rahman, Ir-Raheem. I begin with ALLAH's auspiciousness, whose Name is the Best among all the names. All Revences, All Sanctities and All Worships are due to ALLAH alone. Ashahadu An Laa illaaha illal llahu

2. Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan Abdu Hu Wa Rasooluhu

3. ''I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah

4. who is without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is the Rasool.''

5. "O Allah, Shower Your Peace come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have brought peace to Ibrahim and his family.

6. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. O Allah, Shower your blessing upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious". I am Satisfied with ALLAH as My Rabb and Cherisher, I am SatisfiedWith Islam as My Din(religion) and I am satisfied with Muhammad as a Rasulallah (Messenger)sallallahu alaihi wa salam) I seek Protection with ALLAH! With the Glorious and Noble Face of ALLAH! With the Complete and Perfect words of ALLAH! With the Exalted Attributesof ALLAH! From the Punishment of Hell; From chastisement in the Grave; From the Trial of Life and Death; From the Mischief of the dajjal. There is no power nor strength with (anyone) save Allah. ALLAH is Good and Only accept that which is Good. ALLAH is theTruth and only accept that which True. ALLAH is Pure and only accept that which is Pure. Ya ALLAH! ALL the praises are for You, You are the Holder of the Heavens and the Earth, And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the Sustainerof the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All the praises are for you; You have the Possession of the Heavens and the Earth and whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All the praises are for You; You are Light (Nur) of the Heavens and Earth Andwhatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the King of the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the Truth and Your Promise is the Truth, And Your word is the Truth and the Meeting withYou is true, And Parardise is True And Hell is true and All the Prophets(peace be upon them) are true; And Muhammad Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) is true, And the Day of Resurrection is True. Ya ALLAH! You have promise and Your promise is the truth, YaALLAH! You have promise and Your words is the truth, Ya ALLAH! You have promise and You are the Truth!. Ya ALLAH! You have created Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) to be the most truthful of men and what He(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) has said is theabsolute truth! Ya ALLAH! You have promise that You would send one who would revive,restore,rejuvevate Your Din(religion).Ya ALLAH it is getting late and time is not with us, Ya ALLAH You have Promise! Ya ALLAH You have Promise! and Your Promise is the Truth! Ya ALLAH! (Among the believers are men who have been true to what they have pledgedto ALLAH.")

1. Usaid ibn Hafeer picked up a weapon and moved towards them. When he came to them, Asad ibn Zurarah said to Musab, “This is the senior-most member of our community. If possible, convert him to Islam.” Musab said, “If hegives me some respite and listens to me, hopefully he would become a Muslim.”

Meanwhile Usaid ibn Hafeer had reached near them and he began to mouth whatever abuses came to his mind. He told them, “You have come to deviate the simple minded people of this tribe. For the sake of your life, get up at once and begone.” Musab said with utmostdignity and demeanor, “I have a request to you that you please sit down for a moment and listen to what I have to say. If you find my words acceptable, do accept them otherwise there is no problem if you choose otherwise.” No one knows what Usaid thought; hekept his weapon aside and sat down besides Musab.

Musab told him about the religion of Islam in brief and after that recited a few verses of Quran. The attractive statements about the principles of Islam and the eloquent words of Quran and that too from a youth of Mecca had such an effect that it melted theHeart of Usaid that he suddenly exclaimed, “What a beautiful and spiritual discourse it is!” Sparks of joy flickered in the eyes of Usaid. There was a complete transformation in his personality and

2. his thoughts also underwent a change. He asked, “What should one who desires to accept this religion do?” Musab replied, “He should perform a ritual bath, wear clean clothes, recite the testimony of faith and performtwo units (rakats) of prayer.”

Usaid ibn Hafeer did as directed and then said, “There are two persons behind me. If they accept faith none in the Aws tribe would turn away from Islam. I am going and I would send Saad ibn Mu’az to you.”

When Usaid returned to his tribesmen Saad ibn Mu’az looked at him and said, “Though Usaid has returned, his thinking is not the same as what it was when he had gone from here. He is looking completely transformed.” Then he asked Usaid what feat he had performed.Usaid replied, “I have warned them sternly and there is no danger from them anymore. Because I have threatened them so much about their mission that now they would do only as you say.”

After that Usaid said, “O Saad! When I was returning, I heard that a group of men from Bani Haritha are coming to murder Asad ibn Zurarah and break the treaty of peace.”

Saad ibn Mu’az got up at once, picked up his sword and rushed out thinking that Bani Haritha men may attack Asad ibn Zurarah before he could reach there. But when he reached the place where Musab and Asad were seated he found them safe and sound and no menfrom Bani Haritha were in sight. He at once realized the ruse of Usaid and spoke caustically to Asad, “If you had not been related to me, being my maternal aunt’s son, you would not have dared to perform that dangerous task which I dislike, in our own tribe.”

Again Musab resorted to the same mode of action that he had used with Usaid. Saad was also deeply affected. Therefore he also liked the simplicity of Islamic laws and the magnetic verses of Quran. Musab’s statements transformed his heart. He became a Muslimat that very moment. When Saad’s tribesmen saw him they remarked, “By Allah! Saad is not what he was before. He has changed completely.”

Saad came to his people and said, “O people of Bani Abdul Ashmal (another name of Bani Aws)! What is your opinion about me? What position do you accord me amongst yourself?” All replied in unison, “You are the senior-most person among us. You are better thanus in intelligence, integrity and purity.” After that Mu’az said, “Now I have the right to say that no man or woman from among you can speak to me till he or she has not accepted the religion of Islam.”The first ambassador of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihiwasallam)was thus supremely successful. Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) had chosen well. Men and women, the young and the old, the powerful and the weak accepted Islam at his hands. The course of Yathribite history had been changed forever. The waywas being prepared for the great Hijrah. Yathrib was soon to become the center and the base for the Islamic state.
    Asad ibn Zurarah and Musab says that it was such an auspicious day that before the sun set all the people of Aws and Khazraj tribes became Muslims. These two clans were the most powerful, influential and famous tribes of the Arabs. Thus their conversion toIslam meant that Islam became the dominant faith of Medina .
    Musab and Asad returned from Saad’s residence and upon reaching home became engrossed in the propagation of religion. It is sufficient matter of Honor for Musab that with the help of Asad ibn Zurarah he succeeded in conveying the message of islam too, Two of most influential personalities of Medina , Usaid ibn Hafeer and Saad ibn Mu’az. When Musab stood up to pray the people of Medina accepted his leadership and the congregational prayers were performed in Medina for the first time. other peopleof Medina also participate in the congregational prayers. Since they Aws and Khazraj was the most influential and famous old tribes of medina, they and others agreed to the leadership of Musab and none had any objection because he was the representative ofRasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)and all who embraced Islam praying behind him.

Mus`ab stayed in Madinah for about a year then returned to Makkah during the season of pilgrimage. He took 75 Muslims fromMadinah known as Ansar (helpers) because they helped the Muslims from Makkah when they later migrated to Madinah. This group made a pledge of allegiance with Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)that they would defend him at all costs and remain firm in theirfaith. Shortly after this pledge, Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) directed his persecuted followers to migrate to Madinah.)(The first of the Sahabah to arrive there were Mus`ab and a blind old man named Abdullah ibn Umm Maktum.

In this way, much before the migration of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)to Medina , Musab had converted the majority of the people of Medina to Islam with his foresight, intelligence and meritorious qualities.Musab had actually prepared the ground for Rasulullah's (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)arrival in Medina , and that is the reason that when Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) fled the dangerous situation of Mecca and reached Medina he received a hearty welcome.Upon his arrival at Medina he heaved a sigh of relief. Because it was a time when except for Medina every area of the Arabian Peninsula was aflame with the fire of polytheism and infidelity. It was due to the efforts of Musab Ibn Umair that Medina proved tobe a refuge for Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam).
    , the two tribes buried their mutual enmity after some time. It was because of Musab ibn Umayr, "the first ambassador of Islam", that at the Hijra: The next chapter of Mus`ab’s life wasthe battle of Badr. After this battle the Quraish prisoners of war were brought to Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) who put them into the custody of individual Muslims. They were ordered to treat the prisoners well. Among these prisoners was the brotherof Mus`ab named Abu `Aziz ibn `Umayr who told the story:“I was among a group of Ansar—whenever they had lunch or dinner they would give me bread and dates to eat in obedience to Rasulullah's (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) instructions to themto treat us well. My brother, Mus`ab passed by me and said to a man from the Ansar who was holding me prisoner: ‘Tie him firmly…His mother is a woman of great wealth and maybe she would ransom him for you.” Aziz couldn’t believe his ears. He turned to Mus`aband said, “My brother, is this your instruction concerning me?”

1. Mus`ab replied, “He is my brother, not you.” Mus`ab meant that the bonds of faith were stronger than the bonds of kinship.Mus`ab came to be known as Mus`ab Al-Khayr (theGood). At the battle of Uhud Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)called upon him to carry the Muslim standard (flag). The battle started and at first the Muslims seemed to have the upper hand however, a groups of Muslims disobeyed the order of Rasulullah(sallallahu alaihi wasallam)and left their places and this gave the enemy the chance to counter-attack and win the battle. The enemy forces wanted to kill Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). Mus`ab understood the danger Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)was in so with the flag in one hand and his sword in the other he plunged into the ranks of the enemy. Even when Mus`ab was being struck with enemy swords and his life seemed certain to be over, the words he spoke were those of concern for Rasulullah (sallallahualaihi wasallam). He said, half to himself, ‘Muhammad is only a Rasul. And many Rasuls have passed away before him.” He was reminding himself that his struggle was not just for Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)but for the message of Allah to the world.First one hand was severed, so he held the flag with the other, then the other hand was severed and he determinedly held the flag with the stumps of both arms then finally he was struck by a spear and died. The words he repeated every time he was struck werelater revealed to Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)and completed, and became part of the Qur’an. After the battle, Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and his Sahabah went sadly through the battle field bidding farewell to the martyrs. Tears flowedwhen they saw Mus`ab’s body. Khabbab related that they could not find any cloth with which to shroud Mus`ab’s body, except the garment he was wearing. When they covered his head, his legs were exposed and when his legs were covered, his head was exposed. SoRasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)told them to place the garment over his head and cover his feet and legs with the leaves of the idhkhir (rue) plant. Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)felt great pain and sorrow at the numberof his companions who were killed at the battle of Uhud. He(sallallahu alaihi wasallam) remembered Mus`ab as he first saw him in Makkah, stylish and elegant and then looked at the garment he was then wearing—the only garment he owned, and he recited the verseof the Qur’an: [Among the believers are men who have been true to what they have pledged to Allah.] (Al-Ahzab 33:23)It was because of Musab ibn Umayr, "the first ambassador of Islam! and the Light(Nur) of Truth ,the touch light(Nur)of Islam that he carried to medina that pave the way for Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) Hijra: Medina was prepared with many more Muslims called as Ansars, "helpers"

1. Most people find it easier to blend in with the crowd rather than stand out and open themselves to criticism and ridicule. This has been the case from olden times until now. But many people have succeeded in overcoming the obstacles in their lives and have developedinto noble, great, and legendary characters. Such is the case with Mus`ab ibn `Umayr.Mus`ab would walk the streets of Makkah tall, confident, well-dressed, loved, and perhaps envied by some, and during one such time he came to know about Muhammad(sallallahu alaihi wasallam) who was known as Al-Amin (the trustworthy). This man heard thatMuhammad(sallallahu alaihi wasallam) claimed to have been given a message by the Creator and Rabb of all. Makkah buzzed with this news and talk spread quickly that the idols they worshipped were being threatened by a man who they had always loved, trusted,and respected. To them it was a curious matter. Mus`ab, being intelligent and inquisitive,he wanted to know more about the matter. During his many talks with the notables( the Quraish) of Makkah, Mus`ab came to know that the Muslims (for that is what the followersof Muhammad(sallallahu alaihi wasallam) was called) met in the house of Al-Arqam in the outskirts of Makkah. Mus`ab decided to go and have a look and see for himself what all this was about.Mus‘abibn Umair embraced Islam in the house of al-Arqam,and where the first Muslims used to meet with Muhammad(sallallahu alaihi wasallam) to decide the future of Islam, evading harassment by the Quraish. Musab had gone to the house of Al Arqam to see for himselfthe facts about the new faith brought by Muhammad(sallallahu alaihi wasallam), which was the talk of the Quraish. On entering, he sat with the believers and listened to Muhammad(sallallahu alaihi wasallam) with a great degree of attention. The words of theQur’an deeply moved him with a lasting impression. Mus`ab was young but decisive and determined. With strength of character and a pious heart he met the Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam and a historic moment was recorded by the angels on highwhen Mus`ab declared his acceptance of Islam at the hands of the Nabi himself(sallallahu alaihi wasallam) . embraced Islam.[9] Thereafter, he offered salah and frequently visited the house. Mus`ab was confident but since he accepted Islam there came over himmore of a sense of tranquility, calmness, and inner resourcefulness. Musab concealed his acceptance of Islam out of fear of his mother. he continued to visit the house of Al-Arqam where he received knowledge about Islam and learnt the Qur’an. However, he wasseen by Uthman ibn Talhal, a Quraish opponent of Muhammad(sallallahu alaihi wasallam), entering Al Arqam‘s house and praying as Muhammad(sallallahu alaihi wasallam) prayed. The news spread and eventually reached his mother, In this way, he faced his furiousmother with an air of determination and dignity. He didn’t engage in a debate about the worship of Allah or that of idols; he didn’t shout and rebuke; he didn’t say demeaning mean words; he simply told her that he had in fact become a Muslim and quietly explainedto her why he had done so. In the hope that she would understand what he was doing but she refused to listen and was haughty. She chained him in his own house with the intention of making him recant. Perhaps what bothered her a lot was the fact that mostof Muhammad’s(sallallahu alaihi wasallam) early followers were from the poor people and it was unthinkable that her son, Mus`ab, would ever be counted among such people. It was simply unthinkable! She didn’t realize that the message of Islam is for all andthat even poor, uneducated people can gain knowlege,wisdom,dignity and nobility from imbibing its pure teachings. As usual Mus`ab remained calm but sought the first opportunity to escape. Allah the Almighty opened the way for him and on the advice of Nabiallah(sallallahualaihi wasallam) , he left with a group of the Muslims who were heading for Abyssinia seeking safety there from the persecution of the Makkans. So Mus`ab left his mother, his home, his wealth, the city of the childhood and headed off to the unknown. His sureand strong faith in Allah made him strong, determined, and peaceful. After some time Mus`ab heard news that it was now safe to return to Makkah. He set off at once but upon arrival he learned that the situation was still the same. Inevitablyhe once again confronted his mother who was unsure what she should do now. Once again he explained the simple and beautiful message of Islam and invited her to join him but she was persistent and chose to follow the idols and the ways of her forefathers—helplessin her pride and arrogance to admit she was wrong. She threatened once again to have him tied up and imprisoned but this time the gentle Mus`ab told her in no uncertain terms that if she tried that again he would kill anyone who helped her to do that. His mothersaw the glint of determination in his eyes and succumbed. She told him in an offhand manner to go on his way and not to darken her door again. He was no longer her son. Mus`ab came close to her and tried one more time to advise her and invite her to the mercyof Allah the Almighty and the truth of His messenger Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) but she simply couldn’t. Moreover, in her arrogance she swore by the shooting stars that she would never accept Islam even if she was ridiculed. There was nothing morethat Mus`ab could do. He left. Not only did he leave his mother and home but he also left the wealth and luxury he had been brought up in. Some people would feel sad and disillusioned if such a fate befell them; it may even cause them to be depressed and hopelessin life, but not with Mus`ab. He was seen walking around Makkah with a smile on his face and light and hope beaming from his eyes. His time was spent in learning Islam and spending time with Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and his noble companions,of which he was now one of.One time Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and his companions were sitting and they saw Mus`ab approaching. Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: “I have seen this Mus`ab with his parents in Makkah.They lavished care and attention on him and gave him all comforts. There was no Quraish youth like him. Then he left all that seeking the pleasure of Allah and devoting himself to the service of His Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam).Rasulullah (sallallahualaihi wasallam) predicted that the Muslims would one day become rich and powerful. This was very significant because at that time they were living in great poverty. Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) further remarked that even though they were poor atthat time, they were really better off. Meaning that having riches isn’t necessarily good for people.Rasulullah (sallallahualaihi wasallam)and his Sahabah (peace be upon them all) stayed in Makkah for another ten years inviting people to Islam but they remained hostile. The future looked bleak but the Muslims never gave up. Then the opportunity came for the message of Islam tospread in a place called Yathrib which was later called Madinah. For the honored task of being the first ambassador of Islam, Mus`ab was chosen, above older people and those who were closely related to Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) himself .Why wasthis young man chosen? He was chosen for his noble pious character, fine manners, and sharp intelligence. He was also able to recite the Qur’an beautifully and movingly and he had a lot of knowledge of Islam. He was perfect for the job. Frst Ambassador of Islam.

1. Mus‘ab ibn Umair was appointed the first ambassador of Islam and sent to Yathrib (Medina).[2][11] His assignment was to prepare Yathrib for the day of Hijra. For his tactics, character andintellect, he was chosen for this task above all the other Sahabah, who were older and more experienced and had greater prestige than him. Mus`ab knew this was a very sacred mission he was being called to do. He knew that he was inviting people to Allah andHis Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and that this city would be the base for the young and struggling Muslim Ummah (community). Once in Madinah, he used to go to the people in their houses and gatherings and speak to them about Islam reciting the Qur’anto them. {As Mus'ab recitied the Holy Quran to the people of Madiah, it was said that you could see their faces lightUp,with the Light(Nur) of ALLAH shining in their faces And their Heartswere so Enlighten that whole tribes embrace islam,right then and there! ( .:174 O MANKIND! A manifestation of the truth has now come unto you from your Sustainer, and We have sent down unto you a clear light.}So the guidance of Allah swt is described as light.....Why ? because it lighten the hearts of people ...by Truth (opposite of ignorance) ..Truth about who is their creator, what is his noble perfect attribtes , how to live a pure decent life full of light and happiness....being close to Allah swt; (Allah isthe light of heavens and earth.....) More on the day of judgment Allah swt told about the believers: 57:12 on the Day when thou shalt see all believing men and believing women, with their light spreading rapidly before them and on their right, [and with thiswel*!come awaiting them:] “A glad tiding for you today: gardens through which running waters flow, therein to abide! This, this is the triumph supreme!”}

2. ( many people embrace Islam Although this pleased Mus`ab, it greatly displeased the leaders of Madinah. Musab went to Madina and performed his task with great zeal along with Sad ibn Zurarah, an Ansar (Helper). One time when Mus`ab was sitting with a groupof people under a tree, one of the notables of Madinah approached, brandishing a spear. Mus`ab said to the group, ‘If he sits down, I’ll speak to him.’ The man threatened Mus`ab and warned him to leave the city and leave them all alone. Mus`ab smiled warmlyand invited him to sit down and hear what he had to say. He added that if the man liked what he said he could accept it and if he didn’t like it, he would leave and not bother him again. The man agreed. He sat down and listened. Mus`ab did not compel him todo anything; he didn’t ridicule him or argue with him. Mus`ab simply recited the Qur’an and explained the simply and beautiful message of Islam. The man’s face changed and became radiant. It was clear that faith had entered his heart. He accepted Islam. Moreand more people accepted Islam at the hands of Mus`ab, through the mercy of Allah the Almighty. The first ambassador of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) was extremely successful. It was due to the great qualities of Musab and the truth of the teachingsthat not only the common people of Medina but also the chieftains, such as Sad ibn Muadh, Usayd ibn Khudayr, and Sad ibn Ubadah, accepted Islam. The people of Bani Aws used to speak eloquent Arabic. Since Arabic was their mother tongue some of them began tolisten attentively to the Quran being recited by Musab and they did not feel any bigotry towards it. So much so that the beautiful words and lovely verses of the Holy Quran mesmerized-captivated-delighted-their hearts. When Saad ibn Mu’az heard about Musab’srecitation he told Usaid ibn Hafeer another a leader of Aws tribe, “Before these two make the weak-minded people of our tribe deviated, send them away from my house with a strict warning. If Asad ibn Zurarah had not been the son of my maternal aunt I wouldhave accomplished this task myself. Since he belongs to my relations I do not want to take such a step.”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.