/* */

PDA

View Full Version : On telling jokes

ameerkam
04-17-2019, 09:52 PM
Assalamualaikum

I heard that joking is sunnah which would mean that it is rewarded right? So if a person joked to impress others or to be liked by others, would that be minor shirk because you are doing it for other people.

(Sorry if my questions may sound silly. I believe I have excessive waswas and I get really anxious and all these questions come to mind).

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
04-18-2019, 07:22 AM
Jokes lighten the mood and keep audiences alert and attentive - maths teachers often receive advice during training to crack a joke in order to keep it live.

The problem is if we tell lies and people are unjustly cheated - and especially if we tell lies and evil stories in a funny way and cast illusions into peoples minds by tricking them into laughing at evil.

There was at least one practical joker from amongst the companions by the name of Al-Nuayman ibn Amr and some of his pranks bordered on outrageous - but he was obviously human and most of the people somehow got along with him merrily.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Nuayman_ibn_Amr

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.