/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When you thought something was haraam but it’s not

ameerkam
04-17-2019, 10:10 PM
Assalamualaikum

Let’s say you were doing something halal but for some reason you thought that it was haraam. (maybe you got a bad source or something). Would it still count as a sin because at that time you intended to do the halal action as a sin? Because your actions are judged by your intentions.

(Sorry if some of my questions seem silly. I think I have excessive waswas and things can get very difficult for me as I have many intrusive thoughts)

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
04-19-2019, 11:59 AM
the guidance on waswasa is to ignore it. If you entertain it by forming it into questions then this waswas won't go away and it could become worse.

ameerkam
04-19-2019, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
the guidance on waswasa is to ignore it. If you entertain it by forming it into questions then this waswas won't go away and it could become worse.
It can be very difficult to do that

Ahmed.
04-20-2019, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
It can be very difficult to do that
Yes it's going to be difficult as you have been entertaining these wawas and it's grown strong now, It's going to be harder to ignore now just like it's more difficult for a longer term smoker to give up smoking

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mayameen
04-20-2019, 07:11 PM
If it's halal and for the sake of Allah alone, than it can't become haram. If your intentions to do halal but you do it for yourself and other than Allah than it becomes a useless deed. It depend on your intentions. Before you do anything thats good purify your intention, do for the sake of Allah alone, you get maxium blessings and if you intend to do a good deed for the sake of Allah but aren't able than it is still counted as a good deed. If you intend to do a bad deed but for the sake of Allah you don't do it, than it is counted as a good deed. But if you do the bad deed than it is counted as 1 bad deed. Increase in reading Qur'an, even if it's just reading Al-Fatihah, or Ayatul Kursi or the Quls, this will be a protection for waswas, dhikr, fast, make wudhu,pray optional prayer and say du'as can also help with waswas but you have to be consistant and trust in Allah.

Ahmed.
04-24-2019, 12:12 PM
http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2012/...-purification/

http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/25168

http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/41145

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.