PDA

View Full Version : Modern Day Hijab : What is even the point?



CuriousonTruth
04-20-2019, 06:21 PM
Okay. So this is related to some "activity" I have seen in the university but I know for a fact that this problem is around the world.

What I don't understand is why do women wear the hijab or scarf or whatever while at the same time have make up, boyfriend's, dance in fests or programmes in front of everyone. They are basically everything that secular girls do if not worse things. No really what is the point? Can someone here make sense of this because I cant.

Look I think those who are secular or irreligious should dress accordingly. Bangladesh is a secular state, no one will criticize them if they dress like Indians or westerners. And it would be better if they commit all the sins they want in mini-skirt rather than doing under the guise of being religious.

I hate hypocrites. They are worse than Communists.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SZ- Shaikh
04-20-2019, 06:38 PM
Well, some girls wear Hijab with sincerity definitely will earn reward InshaAllah, while some wear just for name sake. That has became the norm and culture of the society. Its due to lack of true knowledge of Islam. These girls wear Hijab to obey their parents but fail to respect it. Awareness is very important about Hijab. Because our each act represent Islam.
Reply

CuriousonTruth
04-20-2019, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by SZ- Shaikh
Well, some girls wear Hijab with sincerity definitely will earn reward InshaAllah, while some wear just for name sake. That has became the norm and culture of the society. Its due to lack of true knowledge of Islam. These girls wear Hijab to obey their parents but fail to respect it. Awareness is very important about Hijab. Because our each act represent Islam.
This is where you are wrong. They don't do it for parents, because in a liberal society like Bangladesh, there is no force or coercion in religion. They wear because they say it's stylish, and honestly we have western hijabi fashionists to blame for this, they were the ones who started this hijab fashion business.

It wasn't always like this. 10 years ago only genuinely conservative, religious women wore it, so they were fewer in number. But atleast one could safely assume they were cpnservative. But now that everyone and their mothers wear and bring all tehir garbage habits with it, it has started a really bad niche.
Reply

SZ- Shaikh
04-20-2019, 06:59 PM
But here in India, Muslim girls are wearing Hijab with all its criteria and even veil properly. Not like 80/90 decades where few Muslims girls used to wear in schools and colleges. Here Islamic organisation/centre played a major role to change the mindset of youth. Now mostly girls wear with their own choice and consent. Many observe Hijab at work or office execpt some where it's not allowed.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Mayameen
04-20-2019, 06:59 PM
Whoever Allah guides no one can lead astray, whoever Allah leaves astray no one can guide. As muslim we can warn our sisters and brothers, advise them and remind them, but if they chose disobedience. It will fall on them, either Allah will guide them to repentance or let them to continue to go astray. There's no complusion in Islam, you give the dawah, and live your life according to the Qur'an and sunnah. This is why there are increase in war, proverty, changes in the weather and fitna amongst the muslim community, because so many are falling in major sins or increasing in minor sins. Allah is calling muslims to repentance, so He sends test,trials and calamities. Also theses are the sign of the last days, where muslims follow after nonmuslim and abandon Islam except those whom Allah keeps. Allah warns us in Qur'an
Rivalry in worldly increase distracts you (from the remembrance of Allah), till you come to the graves” (102: 1-2).
Reply

CuriousonTruth
04-20-2019, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by SZ- Shaikh
But here in India, Muslim girls are wearing Hijab with all its criteria and even veil properly. Not like 80/90 decades where few Muslims girls used to wear in schools and colleges. Here Islamic organisation/centre played a major role to change the mindset of youth. Now mostly girls wear with their own choice and consent. Many observe Hijab at work or office execpt some where it's not allowed.
Even in university? Have you seen their activities are in universities, especially those related to "cultural" groups.
Reply

anatolian
04-20-2019, 07:15 PM
Some wear it to obey their husbands, parents or community. It turns to a cultural element. These ones shouldnt be considered hypocrites I believe as they are somehow mentally forced to do it. Also in the sharia countries they are legally have to wear it regardless of their preference.

But we have another group who do it for the sake of a materialist benefit. We mostly see this in the secular countries that are ruled by Islamist parties as in the example of today’s Turkey. Some women wear hijab here in my country just to have adventage for being selected for some positions because non hijabis are disregarded by the government and their company many times. I think these ones can be considered hypocrites regarding this issue.

On the other hand we also have women who wear hijab just for the sake of their religion. These are the real heros :)
Reply

Mayameen
04-20-2019, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by anatolian
Some wear it to obey their husbands, parents or community. It turns to a cultural element. These ones shouldnt be considered hypocrites I believe as they are somehow mentally forced to do it. Also in the sharia countries they are legally have to wear it regardless of their preference.

But we have another group who do it for the sake of a materialist benefit. We mostly see this in the secular countries that are ruled by Islamist parties as in the example of today’s Turkey. Some women wear hijab here in my country just to have adventage for being selected for some positions because non hijabis are disregarded by the government and their company many times. I think these ones can be considered hypocrites regarding this issue.

On the other hand we also have women who wear hijab just for the sake of their religion. These are the real heros :)
So, true
Reply

CuriousonTruth
04-20-2019, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by anatolian
Some wear it to obey their husbands, parents or community. It turns to a cultural element. These ones shouldnt be considered hypocrites I believe as they are somehow mentally forced to do it. Also in the sharia countries they are legally have to wear it regardless of their preference.

But we have another group who do it for the sake of a materialist benefit. We mostly see this in the secular countries that are ruled by Islamist parties as in the example of today’s Turkey. Some women wear hijab here in my country just to have adventage for being selected for some positions because non hijabis are disregarded by the government and their company many times. I think these ones can be considered hypocrites regarding this issue.

On the other hand we also have women who wear hijab just for the sake of their religion. These are the real heros :)
Bangladesh is not Turkey, Bangladesh has been ruled by radical secularists for more than decade. And except for madrasa students, no one forces anyone to wear hijab.

That is the whole point of my post.

Btw an actress recently said she doesn't believe in religion. No one publicly condemned her. And I honestly respect that atheist more than the hypocritic two faced people.

If they want to be irreligious or want to be western, they are free - no one is stopping them least of all in a University.

Then why do they keep insisting on wearing hijab and also doing all types of sins. Wear a mini-skirt and sin all you want I don't care.
Reply

Mayameen
04-20-2019, 07:44 PM
They're sinning against Allah, thats who they need to fear. Allah says if you have no haya(modesty) than do what you like
Reply

SZ- Shaikh
04-20-2019, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
Even in university? Have you seen their activities are in universities, especially those related to "cultural" groups.
Yes, Alhamdulilah in universities and colleges as well They observe hijab with appropriate Islamic behavior and conduct. On Woman's/Valantine day these girls and woman participate to convey the message of Islam to non Muslims/Muslim (don't wear) with the slogan that Hijab is my pride. And conducted Hijab Awareness campaign.
Reply

CuriousonTruth
04-20-2019, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by SZ- Shaikh
Yes, Alhamdulilah in universities and colleges as well They observe hijab with appropriate Islamic behavior and conduct. On Woman's/Valantine day these girls and woman participate to convey the message of Islam to non Muslims/Muslim (don't wear) with the slogan that Hijab is my pride. And conducted Hijab Awareness campaign.
If you say so, sounds improbable to me during BJP rule.
Reply

Insaanah
04-20-2019, 09:27 PM
:sl:

Part of the problem may be our perception of what hijaab is. Nowadays, it tends to be viewed as a piece of cloth on the head. A woman who wears this is referred to as "wearing hijaab".

But hijaab is much more than this. It encompasses our demeanour and behaviour and the entire way we are dressed, around non-mahrams. It might be helpful to view it as a state, not a garment.

So, if a person wears a piece of cloth on the head but is wearing tight or short sleeved clothes and/or makeup, then they can be referred to as wearing a headscarf, but perhaps not as being in a state of hijaab.

The same way that ihraam is popularly referred to as two white sheets worn by men for hajj or umrah, but actually those two garments are just one part of a total state of being, which includes not cutting ones hair or nails, not killing any animals and not engaging in certain other types of behaviour.

Insha'Allah if people know the totality of what hijaab encompasses, then we will see less of the situation described above.
Reply

SZ- Shaikh
04-21-2019, 04:31 AM
Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
If you say so, sounds improbable to me during BJP rule.
Yes, it's the right/choice of the citizens what they want to wear. At the same time you are not forcing someone to wear but you can exhibit it. That's the different thing.
Reply

xboxisdead
04-21-2019, 07:12 AM
Personally...I hate hypocrites or two faced fox. I prefer if 80% of men and women who are disbelievers or hypocrites or non-religious or feminist or secular or whatever just to come out and not hide. We want your true identity to come out. Homosexuals and lesbians, transexuals alike. Please come out and express who you are publicly. This way we can finally separate the good doers from the evil doers. I prefer our brothers choices of a good wife be limited to 15% and from there they get to pick their mate over thinking only 15% are bad and the rest are good and then build a family based on lies without them knowing it.

---

In Canada so many muslim sisters wear "hijab" but are dressed but naked at the same time to sexually attract men. Those women where the smell of paradise are forbidden for them. I take the word "forbidden" serious...what about you sisters? Do you take the word "forbidden" seriously?

For a group of people who are smarter than me and who never stop reminding me how inferior I am in intellect in medias and social groups and society in general...you seem to be contradicting that with your actions. But..what do I know?
Reply

alfaqir
04-21-2019, 12:26 PM
It depends on how you view it, is the glass half full or half empty? I think it is still better if they wear the scarf with make up on their face than to have make up and no scarf at all. It is still a step toward modesty, i personally appreciate even these small steps in this materialist age. Then we don't know what is their niyet anyways, Allah Teala sees their heart and will jugde their deeds.
Reply

ZeeshanParvez
04-21-2019, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth

Then why do they keep insisting on wearing hijab and also doing all types of sins. Wear a mini-skirt and sin all you want I don't care.
So, your argument is either be perfect or be totally bad?

All or none law?
Reply

CuriousonTruth
04-21-2019, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by alfaqir
It depends on how you view it, is the glass half full or half empty? I think it is still better if they wear the scarf with make up on their face than to have make up and no scarf at all. It is still a step toward modesty, i personally appreciate even these small steps in this materialist age. Then we don't know what is their niyet anyways, Allah Teala sees their heart and will jugde their deeds.
I respectfully disagree. There is nothing in their behaviour that is remotely "modest". Trust me on that.
Reply

BeTheChange
04-21-2019, 12:51 PM
Asalamualykum

It's the same for the beard. You can't assume one is growing his beard only for religious reasons. Sometimes it happens to be a fashion statement. Living in fitna times.
Reply

CuriousonTruth
04-21-2019, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
So, your argument is either be perfect or be totally bad?

All or none law?
More accurately, the point is not to be hypocrite.

I think one should not do the community a disservice by religious deception. He/she should make it clear where he/she stands.

And if he/she is an atheist then let her be an atheist, no problem. Just don't practice your irreligiosity and atheism under the guise of religion. Don't be two faced.

If I am not wrong the Prophet(S) hated two faced people.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum

It's the same for the beard. You can't assume one is growing his beard only for religious reasons. Sometimes it happens to be a fashion statement. Living in fitna times.
While hypocritic men with beard exist especially in madrassas (I raised this point before), I don't think you will ever find a bearded muslim man wearing Punjabi dancing to some nasty Hindi songs in front of dozens of people or doing "things" with a girl friend in some corner (he wouldn't get a girlfriend in the first place if he has beard).
Reply

ZeeshanParvez
04-21-2019, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
More accurately, the point is not to be hypocrite.

I think one should not do the community a disservice by religious deception. He/she should make it clear where he/she stands.

And if he/she is an atheist then let her be an atheist, no problem. Just don't practice your irreligiosity and atheism under the guise of religion. Don't be two faced.

If I am not wrong the Prophet(S) hated two faced people.
You are not wrong about the hadiith.

I am trying to visualize a girl who wears the hijaab but has a boyfriend. Is she really two faced or is this a sin of hers just like everyone has sins?

If she has a boyfriend, there is a good chance it is public knowledge (or for this scenario I assume it is known). If she does not hide this fact, then that means she is not scared of the world so her hijaab is not for show off. In this case, I am trying to understand how she is different from a person who prays five times a day, does tabliigh, yet goes to prostitutes (as this is something an elder related to me after a tablighi told him he did this personally).



In this case, it could simply be a case of we are sinners. Why give up the good deeds we do out of despair of our sins because we all will sin. Our sins are just different.


The second scenario is of a girl who does wear the hijaab but has a boyfriend in secret.

In her case we have two possibilities.

She wears the hijaab only to show off to the world. She wants ppl to think she is pious. Yet, she is not. I can see this being two faced.


But the other possibility is that she truly does hijaab for Allaah and keeps her boyfriend secret because we are not supposed to publicize our sins. In this case, I am trying to understand how she is different from those who help the poor, pray, have great akhlaaq, but drink wine in private and do not want anyone to know.
Reply

xboxisdead
04-21-2019, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
More accurately, the point is not to be hypocrite.

I think one should not do the community a disservice by religious deception. He/she should make it clear where he/she stands.

And if he/she is an atheist then let her be an atheist, no problem. Just don't practice your irreligiosity and atheism under the guise of religion. Don't be two faced.

If I am not wrong the Prophet(S) hated two faced people.

- - - Updated - - -



While hypocritic men with beard exist especially in madrassas (I raised this point before), I don't think you will ever find a bearded muslim man wearing Punjabi dancing to some nasty Hindi songs in front of dozens of people or doing "things" with a girl friend in some corner (he wouldn't get a girlfriend in the first place if he has beard).
Of course! Modern women hate beards. They find it "caveman", "ape", disgusting, barbaric, ugly, they will start having thoughts of food stuck inside the beards that causes them to puke and repulse from the inside. But smoothed, feminine, faced boy/man, emo...is attractive and clean and modern. So obviously hypocrite or modern women will not date men with beards in the first place. In fact, she will not date him if he have hair on his body...ESPECIALLY hairs on the back...that will cause women to unite and form a rally against hairs in the back.
Reply

CuriousonTruth
04-21-2019, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
You are not wrong about the hadiith.

I am trying to visualize a girl who wears the hijaab but has a boyfriend. Is she really two faced or is this a sin of hers just like everyone has sins?

If she has a boyfriend, there is a good chance it is public knowledge (or for this scenario I assume it is known). If she does not hide this fact, then that means she is not scared of the world so her hijaab is not for show off. In this case, I am trying to understand how she is different from a person who prays five times a day, does tabliigh, yet goes to prostitutes (as this is something an elder related to me after a tablighi told him he did this personally).



In this case, it could simply be a case of we are sinners. Why give up the good deeds we do out of despair of our sins because we all will sin. Our sins are just different.


The second scenario is of a girl who does wear the hijaab but has a boyfriend in secret.

In her case we have two possibilities.

She wears the hijaab only to show off to the world. She wants ppl to think she is pious. Yet, she is not. I can see this being two faced.


But the other possibility is that she truly does hijaab for Allaah and keeps her boyfriend secret because we are not supposed to publicize our sins. In this case, I am trying to understand how she is different from those who help the poor, pray, have great akhlaaq, but drink wine in private and do not want anyone to know.
You will have a hard time to visualize unless you finished your university at max 5-6 years ago. Remember this whole hijab fashion came about in last 10 years due to some youtubers and social media influencers.

They are secretive as in they don't share their lifestyle details with their parents ofcourse, they don't hide it infront of their friends or classmates. And it's not just boyfriend, boyfriend is normal for them. As I mentioned, some of them danced to dirty hindi music, you know what they call "item song" in a batch party of sorts. Obviously neither me nor a lot of guys went there. Infact half of the male students didn't go (nearly all of the females did). So those who did recorded the incident and shared it in our group. And honestly it was one the worst things I've seen in my life, the clip was 6 min, I could barely go trhough 30 seconds.

Okay if they want to "party" and do stuff why do they bother pretending to be religious wearing headscarf.

And I am very much sure, BD isn;t only place where such girls exists, it's a worldwide phenomenon, maybe not the dancing but surely the hypocrisy.
Reply

xboxisdead
04-21-2019, 03:26 PM
Revise it to this please (made a mistake):

l-hamdolillah I do not have girlfriends, I never did and I never will. Al-hamdolillah I toke having girlfriends seriously when I was a little boy, like I was 6 or 7 years old....Al-hamdillah I used strict Islamic Hijjab on myself when I was that age too and I hated wearing shorts to showing to ankles.

I see it in boys a lot even in this age. There was a boy yesterday (I do volunteer in mosques, teaching Qura'an) he send his mom to tell the sheikh that he is SO EMBARRASSED to enter inside because he is wearing shorts. If it is ok to enter while wearing shorts. I tell him all the time..you are not a boy. You are a young man. I tell him, he is very mature young man and I respect him as a young man. I see maturity in him far his age, masha'allah. That boy will take his Islam seriously mash'allah.
Reply

ZeeshanParvez
04-21-2019, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
You will have a hard time to visualize unless you finished your university at max 5-6 years ago. Remember this whole hijab fashion came about in last 10 years due to some youtubers and social media influencers.

They are secretive as in they don't share their lifestyle details with their parents ofcourse, they don't hide it infront of their friends or classmates. And it's not just boyfriend, boyfriend is normal for them. As I mentioned, some of them danced to dirty hindi music, you know what they call "item song" in a batch party of sorts. Obviously neither me nor a lot of guys went there. Infact half of the male students didn't go (nearly all of the females did). So those who did recorded the incident and shared it in our group. And honestly it was one the worst things I've seen in my life, the clip was 6 min, I could barely go trhough 30 seconds.

Okay if they want to "party" and do stuff why do they bother pretending to be religious wearing headscarf.

And I am very much sure, BD isn;t only place where such girls exists, it's a worldwide phenomenon, maybe not the dancing but surely the hypocrisy.
I must admit my complete lack of knowledge as it has been a long time since Uni. As you rightly pointed out, I would not be able to fully comprehend it because of my lack of experience. My visualizations would be limited by my experience.
Reply

xboxisdead
04-21-2019, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
I must admit my complete lack of knowledge as it has been a long time since Uni. As you rightly pointed out, I would not be able to fully comprehend it because of my lack of experience. My visualizations would be limited by my experience.
University??! Pffft...go earlier than that. High-school. It is from there it starts..NOT university.
Reply

CuriousonTruth
04-21-2019, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by xboxisdead
Of course! Modern women hate beards. They find it "caveman", "ape", disgusting, barbaric, ugly, they will start having thoughts of food stuck inside the beards that causes them to puke and repulse from the inside. But smoothed, feminine, faced boy/man, emo...is attractive and clean and modern. So obviously hypocrite or modern women will not date men with beards in the first place. In fact, she will not date him if he have hair on his body...ESPECIALLY hairs on the back...that will cause women to unite and form a rally against hairs in the back.
Not beard, just beard that's not shaved properly. I mean those who keep beard for religious purposes and those who keep it for fashion can be easily distinguished. Religious beard is larger and they don't like that kind, they prefer the shorter beard.

Tbh they dislike the conservative, traditional attitude in guys rather than the beard itself. But the beard and punjabi is an indicator that the man in question is conservative which is why they steer clear.

But I digress, this is not the topic here.
Reply

anatolian
04-21-2019, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
Bangladesh is not Turkey, Bangladesh has been ruled by radical secularists for more than decade. And except for madrasa students, no one forces anyone to wear hijab.

That is the whole point of my post.

Btw an actress recently said she doesn't believe in religion. No one publicly condemned her. And I honestly respect that atheist more than the hypocritic two faced people.

If they want to be irreligious or want to be western, they are free - no one is stopping them least of all in a University.

Then why do they keep insisting on wearing hijab and also doing all types of sins. Wear a mini-skirt and sin all you want I don't care.
Bro, its not anyone’s right to tell who can commit which sin. If they want to wear hijab they will regardless of which other sins they commit at the same time. Really who is sinless? Its not your right to tell them to wear mini skirts just becuase they commit some other sins too. Every sin carries its own burden.

On the other hand, they might be wearing it for the first reason in my initial post. Just because they go to university doesnt mean they can escape from their cultural borders.
Reply

xboxisdead
04-21-2019, 05:54 PM
SZ-shaikh you really liked the reply, eh? I think we forgot something here. As a Muslim it is our duty to hate evil to show we are believer. At first if we see evil or someone who commits the sin and we have the power to stop it, we stop it. If we do not have that power, we at least tell them about it in hopes they stop their evil, repent and return back, if we do not have that power, at least tell them to do the sin where it is not visible publicly and if we have no power to do that, at least hate it in your heart (and that is the weakest form of ima'an). Being dayyouth to your brothers or sisters will not help things, will make things worse and if Allah wills to destroy that nation and you are living in it..you are joining them with the shipping sinking.
Reply

BeTheChange
04-21-2019, 05:58 PM
Asalamualykum

Just because you haven't witnessed this situation it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I have witnessed bearded men with girlfriend's and i have also seen hijabi girls with boyfriend's. Yes it happens. We can only pray for guidance Ameen. Lets start changing ourselves and this will in turn reap positive outcomes. Insha Allah.
Reply

CuriousonTruth
04-21-2019, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by anatolian
Bro, its not anyone’s right to tell who can commit which sin. If they want to wear hijab they will regardless of which other sins they commit at the same time. Really who is sinless? Its not your right to tell them to wear mini skirts just becuase they commit some other sins too. Every sin carries its own burden.

On the other hand, they might be wearing it for the first reason in my initial post. Just because they go to university doesnt mean they can escape from their cultural borders.
Well it is my community, so yes I do have a say in it. And religion is soemthing that roots out to all people (both for and agaisnt it) one way or the other. Prophet Muhammad(S) said muslim community is like one body. So yes I have a right to have a say in it.

And frankly, we are not naive here. All sins are not the same, a 12 yo lying to his parent's about his test scores is a 'sin' but it is not a major sin that corrupts society like the ones I mentioned in this thread. Let's not go over this, "We all sin" as an excuse to look away at all the garbage in our countries.

And again I disagree with your assertion. There isn't a lot of monitoring and definitely no enforcement of a dresscode in a university, infact it is encouraged to be free there, that's why in every country the most liberal, secular and atheistic places are universities. Like your Odtu University in Turkey for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum

Just because you haven't witnessed this situation it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I have witnessed bearded men with girlfriend's and i have also seen hijabi girls with boyfriend's. Yes it happens. We can only pray for guidance Ameen. Lets start changing ourselves and this will in turn reap positive outcomes. Insha Allah.
Just men with a beard? Or religious/sunnah beard?

I have never seen a man with sunnah beard in public places have a girlfriend or act in the same way so many hijab wearing girls do. The worst bearded men I have heard of are madrasa teachers, not everyday ones I see . Granted, those (sunnah following) bearded men are much fewer comapred to hijab wearing girls. But that is exactly my point. The rarer they are, they more genuine they are. Main streaming of hijab was a grave mistake, it shoudl have been left for the real, pious ones.
Reply

مجرد روح مهجورة
04-21-2019, 06:53 PM
It was narrated that Allah's Messenger Muhammad (SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said:-"Allah does not look at your outward appearance and your wealth, rather He looks at your hearts and deeds."

This does not mean that Muslims

must look 'unseemly' or 'shabby',

no, for-Allah is beautiful and He loves 'beauty'.

This means that we should focus

on what's more important,

like our Iman/faith, good deeds and

good Islamic personality,

Focus on pleasing Allah,

forget fashion that can divert you

from Allah's path,

if you live your life aiming to please people,

you may end up with Allah's wrath,

that is, if you come on Judgment Day

with an empty record of good deeds,

so do more good deeds for the sake of Allah,

for-'doing good and being good'-is-'being beautiful'

to Allah, our God, the Most Powerful

who loves those Muslims

who are sincere and 'dutiful'
Reply

SZ- Shaikh
04-21-2019, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by xboxisdead
SZ-shaikh you really liked the reply, eh? I think we forgot something here. As a Muslim it is our duty to hate evil to show we are believer. At first if we see evil or someone who commits the sin and we have the power to stop it, we stop it. If we do not have that power, we at least tell them about it in hopes they stop their evil, repent and return back, if we do not have that power, at least tell them to do the sin where it is not visible publicly and if we have no power to do that, at least hate it in your heart (and that is the weakest form of ima'an). Being dayyouth to your brothers or sisters will not help things, will make things worse and if Allah wills to destroy that nation and you are living in it..you are joining them with the shipping sinking.
Thanks for your insight.
Reply

M.I.A.
04-21-2019, 09:13 PM
[Attachment 6674


Big beards.. pious.

Short beards.. womenisers.

..

Big beards.. unattractive.

Short beards.. chick magnets.

..

Big beards.. religious.

Short beards.. posers.

..
Big beards.. trustworthy

Short beards.. untrustworthy


Literally lived in ignorance of any of these stereotypes for the first 26 years of my life.

Or any self perception based upon facial hair...

That was not thought of at the mirror.


A long time later and I can pretty much say that you cant judge a man on the size of his beard..

And he might not like you anyway.



Originally Posted by anatolian
Every sin carries its own burden..
I agree, but at the heart of it...

I worry that it's a rigged game just like the first 26 years.

Just with different misconceptions and ignorances.

And logically we are only ever going to be judged on the things we cant change about ourselves..

At present.


Just need to find a prayer buddy that doesn't lead me to trouble.

Or one that can tolerate the things I do.



It's so strange to see people living as they are.. as who they are.

When you feel so distant from it all.


Maybe I need to get a life.


But finding my voice again would be an ideal start.. at present I am not comfortable with the things that I might say.


Too cought up in what is said..

And what is implied.

What can be misrepresented.

What people think is aimed at them.


...I dont have the intent for it, although i have no idea what goes in one ear and out the other for people also.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 08:22 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 02:40 PM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 12:55 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 02:31 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 08:54 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!