/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Brunei introduced death penalty for homosexuals

Physicist
04-20-2019, 09:00 PM
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters! This is my first post since finally embracing Islam after the long hesitation.
One of my biggest doubts was about oppressive practices in muslim countries.

It is important to distinguish between religion and governance.

There is no compulsion in religion (Al Baqara 256).

But governance is always based on compulsion and even simple disobedience may lead to death in any country (if one didn't pay taxes and resisted following arrest)

So, I'm not going to condemn Brunei for this new law. I've heard only good about this country and planning to visit soon. Rather I'm concerned about consequences.

On one hand, there is a mechanism of sanctions, which recently got wide approval for fighting money laundering by corrupted regimes.

On the other hand, tyrant's club forcing their agenda: "These are our countries and let us do to our slaves whatever we like".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CuriousonTruth
04-20-2019, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters! This is my first post since finally embracing Islam after the long hesitation.
One of my biggest doubts was about oppressive practices in muslim countries.

It is important to distinguish between religion and governance.

There is no compulsion in religion (Al Baqara 256).

But governance is always based on compulsion and even simple disobedience may lead to death in any country (if one didn't pay taxes and resisted following arrest)

So, I'm not going to condemn Brunei for this new law. I've heard only good about this country and planning to visit soon. Rather I'm concerned about consequences.

On one hand, there is a mechanism of sanctions, which recently got wide approval for fighting money laundering by corrupted regimes.

On the other hand, tyrant's club forcing their agenda: "These are our countries and let us do to our slaves whatever we like".
Brunei's sultan has relatively good relations with Western countries.

The "human" rights lunatics and some MPs can scream all they want. Nothing is going to happen because Brunei's interest remains within Brunei.

Of course for more influential countries like Pakistan, Iran or Turkey application of Islam is far more dangerous and with greater back lash from Europeans.

Also it should be noted that Brunei's sultan is not a tyrant, he is greatly popular because nearly everything including education and healthcare are free.

Ahmed.
04-20-2019, 09:17 PM
Brunel oil money has got every powerful western elite in its pocket, just like Saudi has, so 'consequences' shouldn't be a problem, I.e. there won't be any

Physicist
04-20-2019, 09:42 PM
About homosexualism part, I think it would be really cool to learn how to heal it (I believe it's a mental disorder) and make an international clinic for treatment :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
xboxisdead
04-21-2019, 01:53 AM
Honestly, and with full conviction in my heart...everything Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa) command us to do and not to do and the consequence of doing something we shouldn't do is FOR OUR GREATEST benefit. If a body part is infectious and leaving it attached to your body could result in your death and the only way to resolve this is to cut that infected body to save your life...wouldn't you do it?

Homosexual is a great comparison to that. Observe in USA when such infected body part left unchecked. They are now having transsexuals coming to your school for students as early as 5 years old or even younger to teach them it is ok to be gay or lesbian and for boys to wear like girls.

If we truly are Muslims as we say we are and we say we follow the Qura'an and Sunnah then we have to apply the laws 100% and not 99.99%. What did the prophet command us to do when homosexual practices are done in public? We apply it.Islam is not political correctness and a religion for feelings and special interest group or to be modern Islam and democratic and liberal and Western.

There are no place for that in Islam. Anyone truly hate it and object to it and disbelieve on it 100% they can leave Islam and become Atheist. You will not hurt Allah if you do it nor will you take a single treasure from his kingdom if you do that. He will replace you with a trillion new Muslims better than and stronger than you and smarter than you and happier than you and he will give them higher paradise while you be from the losers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.