/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lanka blast kills over 180 people

CuriousonTruth
04-21-2019, 11:07 AM
https://www.news18.com/news/world/sr...k-2110779.html

Sri Lanka Terror Attack LIVE: A series of eight devastating bomb blasts ripped through high-end hotels and churches holding Easter services in Sri Lanka on Sunday, killing over 180 people, including dozens of foreigners. Worshippers were targeted at the Kochikade, St Sebastian and Batticaloa churches during mass, while the other locations were Hotel Shangri La, Cinnamon Grand and Kingsbury hotel. After a few hours, two more explosions were reported in the suburb of Orugodawatta and Dehiwala.

Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe condemned the attacks — the worst act of violence since the end of Sri Lanka's civil war a decade ago — as "cowardly", and said the government was working to "contain the situation". The powerful blasts — six in quick succession and then two more hours later — wrought devastation, including at the capital's well-known St Anthony's Shrine, a historic Catholic Church.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
04-21-2019, 02:56 PM
It's totally wrong

I guess the Tamil tigers behind it?

I hear Tamils being severely oppressed since their power disappeared :Emoji29:

Everyone should be treated with respect and human dignity and equality although they may be powerless :

CuriousonTruth
04-21-2019, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
It's totally wrong

I guess the Tamil tigers behind it?

I hear Tamils being severely oppressed since their power disappeared :Emoji29:

Everyone should be treated with respect and human dignity and equality although they may be powerless :
According to earliest suspects, the NJT (Sri Lanka's ISIS chapter) is being suspected.

I wouldn't be surprised if RAW has a hand in it much like the terror attack in Pakistan.

CuriousonTruth
04-21-2019, 05:51 PM
Update: https://www.newsweek.com/13-arrested...2282?piano_t=1

"So far the names that have come up are local", the prime minister stated, adding that investigators would look into whether the attackers had any "overseas links".

Interesting so does that mean it was the Tamil tigers or Buddhist extremists?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CuriousonTruth
04-23-2019, 03:31 AM
One suspect Insan Seelavan has been identified. It seems that NTJ, the ISIS chapter of Sri Lanka was behind the attack.

CuriousonTruth
04-23-2019, 07:51 AM
Note to people who thinks that the "mujahideen" might have no dirt on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vpZYPsfQ9A&t=1s

It shows how Israel infiltrates Palestinian protests and bring the real Palestinians to be caught by Israeli army. False flags, use of undercover or insider agents has never been below the character of Zionists, Europeans, Hindus.

For your sake, for the sake of your fellow muslims, please remember this and don't dupe yourself into supporting "controlled opposition" extremist organizations.

I'm not telling Muslims should be liberal, pro-West bendovers. I hate Europeans, Russians, Hindus, Chinese but what we need is SMART resistance, not crazy, nutcase extremism.

Ahmed.
04-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Death toll has reached 310 and a massive 10th car bomb was defused by police; what were them guys thinking? Blow all of Sri Lanka up? :o

Yup it was the jihadi group national tawhid jamaat.

Why did they attack Christians?, revenge for newzealand attack?

Anyway thank God they've been caught!

CuriousonTruth
04-23-2019, 01:15 PM
Death toll has reached 310 and a massive 10th car bomb was defused by police; what were them guys thinking? Blow all of Sri Lanka up? :o

Yup it was the jihadi group national tawhid jamaat.

Why did they attack Christians?, revenge for newzealand attack?

Anyway thank God they've been caught!
As for New Zealand attack yet officials say that was one of their motives, but believe me the ISI/NTJ don't care about that, other than using it as recruitment tool.

If anything, I guess it's to destabilize the country, foster hatred between muslim and non-muslims. The more hatred non-muslims have and discriminate muslims, the more radical the muslims will become, possibly joining ISIS. The more they join ISIS, the more terror attacks they can carry out. It's a cycle that gets worse and worse.

Also another factor, Christians and Buddhists were at odd against each other before the attacks, now surely they will join forces to eliminate muslims from the island.

Personally I think India's RAW organized this. Sri Lanka has largely come under China's wing especially given China provides Sri Lanka with a lot of money for infrastructure investment. And these attacks will be seen as a failure of the ruling party. India can now secretly fund a far-right anti-islam extremist party to power and take control of Sri Lanka once again, while fulfilling its long-term agenda to eliminate muslims from the subcontinent.

No country has gained more from this attack than India and christian politicians. And no one lost more than the Sri Lankan muslims. They are in big, big trouble.

Ahmed.
04-23-2019, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
As for New Zealand attack yet officials say that was one of their motives, but believe me the ISI/NTJ don't care about that, other than using it as recruitment tool.

If anything, I guess it's to destabilize the country, foster hatred between muslim and non-muslims. The more hatred non-muslims have and discriminate muslims, the more radical the muslims will become, possibly joining ISIS. The more they join ISIS, the more terror attacks they can carry out. It's a cycle that gets worse and worse.

Also another factor, Christians and Buddhists were at odd against each other before the attacks, now surely they will join forces to eliminate muslims from the island.

Personally I think India's RAW organized this. Sri Lanka has largely come under China's wing especially given China provides Sri Lanka with a lot of money for infrastructure investment. And these attacks will be seen as a failure of the ruling party. India can now secretly fund a far-right anti-islam extremist party to power and take control of Sri Lanka once again, while fulfilling its long-term agenda to eliminate muslims from the subcontinent.

No country has gained more from this attack than India and christian politicians. And no one lost more than the Sri Lankan muslims. They are in big, big trouble.
No brother I think u got it wrong here.

The bhudists in sri lanka have persecuted the Muslims in 2018 and 5 years ago and the police did little to stop it, so why should they target Christians worshipping in churches and having Easter dinner in hotels a few weeks after Muslims were targeted in mosques?

Christians are a minority in sri lanka and I don't think they opressed the Muslims in any way so the only thing that makes sense is that it was retaliation for newzealand attacks

CuriousonTruth
04-23-2019, 01:31 PM
No brother I think u got it wrong here.

The bhudists in sri lanka have persecuted the Muslims in 2018 and 5 years ago and the police did little to stop it, so why should they target Christians worshipping in churches and having Easter dinner in hotels a few weeks after Muslims were targeted in mosques?

Christians are a minority in sri lanka and I don't think they opressed the Muslims in any way so the only thing that makes sense is that it was retaliation for newzealand attacks
I honestly think they don't care. Don't forget one of the philosophies of ISIS, is that muslims who don't give them Bayah are considered as apostates. I don't think they actually care about New Zealand attacks beyond using it as recruitment tool.

And deep inside I do believe yes that India organized the attacks. They stand to gain the most from this.

Ahmed.
04-23-2019, 01:38 PM
I honestly think they don't care. Don't forget one of the philosophies of ISIS, is that muslims who don't give them Bayah are considered as apostates. I don't think they actually care about New Zealand attacks beyond using it as recruitment tool.

And deep inside I do believe yes that India organized the attacks. They stand to gain the most from this.
What makes you think they don't care ? I'm not saying they should show they're care by doing wrong but they've been citing oppression of Muslims for the reason of their jihad. Nothing to indicate they don't care, however their irrational acts of revenge brings more problems for Muslims! :Emoji19:

سيف الله
04-23-2019, 01:42 PM
Salaam

If any more confirmation was needed.

CuriousonTruth
04-23-2019, 01:44 PM
What makes you think they don't care ? I'm not saying they should show they're care by doing wrong but they've been citing oppression of Muslims for the reason of their jihad. Nothing to indicate they don't care, however their irrational acts of revenge brings more problems for Muslims! :Emoji19:
I read a long read on the European Jihadists long time ago during the hayday of ISIS. One of the points I remember from it is that one of the goals of ISIS is to make relations between muslims and non-muslims worse, because the more hostile the non-muslims are the more muslims they get as recruit.

And you didn't respond to the other point - they consider muslims who don't give them Bayah as Apostates, so if anything the NZ muslims were propaganda fodder to them. Remember ISIS made takfir on Yasir Qadhi and other scholars, so the NZ muslims are nothing to them.

Ahmed.
04-23-2019, 02:03 PM
I read a long read on the European Jihadists long time ago during the hayday of ISIS. One of the points I remember from it is that one of the goals of ISIS is to make relations between muslims and non-muslims worse, because the more hostile the non-muslims are the more muslims they get as recruit.

And you didn't respond to the other point - they consider muslims who don't give them Bayah as Apostates, so if anything the NZ muslims were propaganda fodder to them. Remember ISIS made takfir on Yasir Qadhi and other scholars, so the NZ muslims are nothing to them.
Yeah isis were absolutely nuts in their approach to solving Muslims' problems, however they tried to incite civil wars between Muslims and non-Muslims in western countries in the belief that they were the prophecised caliphate and Muslims were about to score a resounding victory over the kuffar! :rollseyes

I remember 1 isis guy saying in a video that once the Americans come over to Syria, their going to be defeated by isis in Dabiq :Emoji46:; they really thought they were the forerunners to Imam Mahdi's army :Emoji46:

Silas
04-23-2019, 03:01 PM
I read an interesting book recently titled "The Shia Revival", which speaks at length about the situation in Iraq after the American invasion. One point that becomes clear is that the conflict in that region was not based on Muslim vs. western (American) elements, but rather a desperate struggle for control of Iraq between the Sunni minority, and the Shia majority. For every attack on the Americans, there were 30 attacks on Shia mosques, markets, schools, etc. The whole "jihad against the crusaders" nonsense was simply a pretense that covered the real motivations (and the Shia retaliated with their own attacks in some cases).

And how groups like ISIS can even declare a legitimate Caliphate, theologically and historically speaking, is beyond me. Based on what authority?

At the end of the day, these guys are simply Kharijites, who will cause discord and chaos between any and all groups in some effort to seize power in the chaos that results. Now the focus appears to be Sri Lanka.

Neithan
04-23-2019, 03:39 PM
I hate Europeans, Russians, Hindus, Chinese....
Uhm, what? Am I reading this correctly? Why do you hate people?

CuriousonTruth
04-23-2019, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Neithan
Uhm, what? Am I reading this correctly? Why do you hate people?
Correction: Chinese Communist Party, not whole Chinese people. Another Correction: Forgot to add Israelis

As for why, I assume you are very young or soemthing. There are geopolitical and historical reasons for that.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Silas
I read an interesting book recently titled "The Shia Revival", which speaks at length about the situation in Iraq after the American invasion. One point that becomes clear is that the conflict in that region was not based on Muslim vs. western (American) elements, but rather a desperate struggle for control of Iraq between the Sunni minority, and the Shia majority. For every attack on the Americans, there were 30 attacks on Shia mosques, markets, schools, etc. The whole "jihad against the crusaders" nonsense was simply a pretense that covered the real motivations (and the Shia retaliated with their own attacks in some cases).

And how groups like ISIS can even declare a legitimate Caliphate, theologically and historically speaking, is beyond me. Based on what authority?

At the end of the day, these guys are simply Kharijites, who will cause discord and chaos between any and all groups in some effort to seize power in the chaos that results. Now the focus appears to be Sri Lanka.
Well they also consider the Shia pagan, which makes Shia worse than the Christian West. That's why although they exiled all the christians from Mosul, they killed the shia wherever they could.

I mean ISIS even declared Hamas, MILF (Phillipines) as being outside Islam and attacked them. They started war against the Taliban in Afghanistan (according to Taliban USA was providing weapons). They even had wars against Al-Qaeda in Yemen, Syria, etc.

So what makes you think Shias will get a free apss, when they even attack sunnis. We all forget they made entire two sunni tribes disappear.

"Based on what authority?"

According to ISIS, Al-Baghdadi is a descendant of Quraysh tribe, which makes him eligible for caliphate (NOTE: A lot of muslims especially arabs regard the Ottomans as false caliphate). Also at the time of his proclamation, there were no other caliphates. So by legal measure, they actually tick the boxes.

What makes ISIS unique is that unlike AL-Qaeda which started their popularization on anti-Imperialism and anti-West, ISIS from the start made their agenda about Caliphate, Shariah, etc instead of just opposing the West. However they really caught attention after taking Mosul and captivating the Yazidi populace.

Whereas AQ and Taliban would hide their more "crude" applications, ISIS flaunted them to the world. Unlike AQ supporters who sued to say "The media is making them look bad", ISIS supporters would say, "This is islam and shariah, and we are proud of it." Their arrogance reminds me of ISraelis and European people. ISIS are defo the European version of Islam.

And ofcourse for whatever reason, all that actually attracted muslims from the West.

Silas
04-23-2019, 07:48 PM
Correction: Chinese Communist Party, not whole Chinese people. Another Correction: Forgot to add Israelis

As for why, I assume you are very young or soemthing. There are geopolitical and historical reasons for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Well they also consider the Shia pagan, which makes Shia worse than the Christian West. That's why although they exiled all the christians from Mosul, they killed the shia wherever they could.

I mean ISIS even declared Hamas, MILF (Phillipines) as being outside Islam and attacked them. They started war against the Taliban in Afghanistan (according to Taliban USA was providing weapons). They even had wars against Al-Qaeda in Yemen, Syria, etc.

So what makes you think Shias will get a free apss, when they even attack sunnis. We all forget they made entire two sunni tribes disappear.

"Based on what authority?"

According to ISIS, Al-Baghdadi is a descendant of Quraysh tribe, which makes him eligible for caliphate (NOTE: A lot of muslims especially arabs regard the Ottomans as false caliphate). Also at the time of his proclamation, there were no other caliphates. So by legal measure, they actually tick the boxes.

What makes ISIS unique is that unlike AL-Qaeda which started their popularization on anti-Imperialism and anti-West, ISIS from the start made their agenda about Caliphate, Shariah, etc instead of just opposing the West. However they really caught attention after taking Mosul and captivating the Yazidi populace.

Whereas AQ and Taliban would hide their more "crude" applications, ISIS flaunted them to the world. Unlike AQ supporters who sued to say "The media is making them look bad", ISIS supporters would say, "This is islam and shariah, and we are proud of it." Their arrogance reminds me of ISraelis and European people. ISIS are defo the European version of Islam.

And ofcourse for whatever reason, all that actually attracted muslims from the West.
In the west, we typically refer to the Ottomans as a Sultanate and not a Caliphate (Osman I was Turkish, not Arab). I have not studied the matter, so I cannot say one way or the other

The Muslims in the west that went to join ISIS came from radical enclaves in places like Britain and France--countries that have welcomed in radical elements and individuals who were not longer welcome in their home countries. A small number came from the US, but I can assure you that groups such as ISIS have no support where I live. The mosques here have been vocal in denouncing the group. I think many understand that ISIS pulls its ideology from select passages in the Hadiths, the actions of some of the early Caliphs, rather than from the Quran or accepted theology.

CuriousonTruth
04-24-2019, 02:09 AM
In the west, we typically refer to the Ottomans as a Sultanate and not a Caliphate (Osman I was Turkish, not Arab). I have not studied the matter, so I cannot say one way or the other

The Muslims in the west that went to join ISIS came from radical enclaves in places like Britain and France--countries that have welcomed in radical elements and individuals who were not longer welcome in their home countries. A small number came from the US, but I can assure you that groups such as ISIS have no support where I live. The mosques here have been vocal in denouncing the group. I think many understand that ISIS pulls its ideology from select passages in the Hadiths, the actions of some of the early Caliphs, rather than from the Quran or accepted theology.
After collapse of Abbasids nearly all the independent sultanates claimed to be Caliphate including the Sultanate in my country. But ofcourse no one took each other seriously. It was after Selim I conquered the Mamluks and Hejaz, that the claim of Caliphate was accepted by other sultanates.

The reasons of them joining are complex and there are many reasons. However most of their young western recruits had little knowledge of Hadiths, Creed or jurispendence.

Ahmed.
04-24-2019, 11:52 AM
We have been lied to by the Americans and their shia puppet government in Iraq. The Sunnis are the majority in iraq:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2006/12...ority-in-iraq/

- - - Updated - - -

I was right, Sri Lanka confirms it was a tit for tat attack for newzealand massacre:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...082847025.html

Don't them idiots know that we're not allowed to copy the enemy in their evil?

And why don't rich countries send life saving equipment to Sri Lanka? Death toll keeps on rising man! :Emoji29::

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/death-...sted-1.5108536

Silas
04-24-2019, 03:48 PM
We have been lied to by the Americans and their shia puppet government in Iraq. The Sunnis are the majority in iraq:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2006/12...ority-in-iraq/

- - - Updated - - -

I was right, Sri Lanka confirms it was a tit for tat attack for newzealand massacre:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...082847025.html

Don't them idiots know that we're not allowed to copy the enemy in their evil?

And why don't rich countries send life saving equipment to Sri Lanka? Death toll keeps on rising man! :Emoji29::

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/death-...sted-1.5108536
I would like an explanation as how you think Christians in Sri Lanka are somehow to blame for the New Zealand shootings.

CuriousonTruth
04-24-2019, 05:07 PM
I would like an explanation as how you think Christians in Sri Lanka are somehow to blame for the New Zealand shootings.
He wasn't saying that, he was saying it was their casus belli.

Silas
04-24-2019, 05:14 PM
He wasn't saying that, he was saying it was their casus belli.
well he said "Don't them idiots know that we're not allowed to copy the enemy in their evil"

maybe the English here is clumsy, but who is "we"? He is making a direct connection between people on this board, and the guys who blew up churches in Sri Lanka.

This comes after you just claimed you had a murderous hatred for Europeans, Hindus, etc.

What do you think non-Muslims would think if they saw this kind of rhetoric?

CuriousonTruth
04-24-2019, 05:19 PM
well he said "Don't them idiots know that we're not allowed to copy the enemy in their evil"

maybe the English here is clumsy, but who is "we"? He is making a direct connection between people on this board, and the guys who blew up churches in Sri Lanka.

This comes after you just claimed you had a murderous hatred for Europeans, Hindus, etc.

What do you think non-Muslims would think if they saw this kind of rhetoric?
By "we" he means muslims in general I presume.

Not sure where you got "murderous" from, but I have nothing to fear about hating Europeans, Russians, hindus, etc. I don't bend over backwards like liberal muslims. I have witnessed history and have formulated how to behave with the aforementioned groups, I don't entertain the idea of repeating the same naiveity of the Native Americans with the whole "Kind, polite" behaviour nonsense with Europeans.

For the liberal muslims who still haven't learned from history, they will eventually pay a heavy price and lose everthing they hold dear just like Andalusia and Ottomans did.

But anyway that is not the topic of discussion here.

Ahmed.
04-25-2019, 01:21 PM
When did I say Christians in sri lanka are to blame?, I just guessed the reason why isis did it even before the sri lankan foreign minister confirmed it.

I think isis' 'rationale' is the same as the one the extremists always give innit?, it goes something like this 'you kill our civilians and we kill yours!' And in this case, 'you kill our worshippers and blah blah blah' :Emoji29:

I think all these nutjobs saw was a christian guy who massacred those Muslims in newzealand as they wouldn't understand about the white supremacist and neo Nazi nuances and all that

Silas
04-25-2019, 02:45 PM
When did I say Christians in sri lanka are to blame?, I just guessed the reason why isis did it even before the sri lankan foreign minister confirmed it.

I think isis' 'rationale' is the same as the one the extremists always give innit?, it goes something like this 'you kill our civilians and we kill yours!' And in this case, 'you kill our worshippers and blah blah blah' :Emoji29:

I think all these nutjobs saw was a christian guy who massacred those Muslims in newzealand as they wouldn't understand about the white supremacist and neo Nazi nuances and all that
ISIS has made it clear in press releases and on their own boards that they do not kill Christians and others simply because Muslims are attacked. In other words, these are not revenge killings.

They kill anyone who does not follow their brand of Islam, and who has not pledged allegiance to the organization. Not simply in Middle-Eastern countries--anywhere. They are a roving, genocidal cult.

So I think we need to be careful when the word "we" is used in reference to that group, even if the intention is to be snarky or ironic. As a westerner, I do not consider the psycho who gunned down Muslims in New Zealand to be one of "us" --he is an outsider, a criminal.

Likewise, I find Curious' reference to "they" (as in all westerners, regardless of country or ethnicity) as enemies of Muslims everywhere to be something right out of an Jihadist press release. The idea that westerners are out to genocide Muslims like the Native Americans were (which isn't even true to begin with--it is a lot more complicated), or to seize countries and lands violently (Andalusia was originally conquered by Muslims) is inflammatory and simplistic.

Does the US practice soft imperialism through sanctions, diplomacy, and even military action? Absolutely. Is the US out to conquer the Middle-East and butcher everyone who lives there? Nonsense.

Do France and England want to seize land in the ME and partition the region? This isn't the early 20th century.

Meanwhile, European nations have welcomed millions of migrants, refugees, and immigrants from Muslim countries. Thousands of mosques have been built in Europe, the mayor of London is Muslim, etc. That certainly doesn't look like a hostile people who are out to destroy Muslims. Quite the opposite.

This "us vs. them" rhetoric has to stop. It plays into the hands of racists, jihadists, and others who want to sow discord and hatred.

CuriousonTruth
04-25-2019, 05:13 PM
ISIS has made it clear in press releases and on their own boards that they do not kill Christians and others simply because Muslims are attacked. In other words, these are not revenge killings.

They kill anyone who does not follow their brand of Islam, and who has not pledged allegiance to the organization. Not simply in Middle-Eastern countries--anywhere. They are a roving, genocidal cult.

So I think we need to be careful when the word "we" is used in reference to that group, even if the intention is to be snarky or ironic. As a westerner, I do not consider the psycho who gunned down Muslims in New Zealand to be one of "us" --he is an outsider, a criminal.

Likewise, I find Curious' reference to "they" (as in all westerners, regardless of country or ethnicity) as enemies of Muslims everywhere to be something right out of an Jihadist press release. The idea that westerners are out to genocide Muslims like the Native Americans were (which isn't even true to begin with--it is a lot more complicated), or to seize countries and lands violently (Andalusia was originally conquered by Muslims) is inflammatory and simplistic.

Does the US practice soft imperialism through sanctions, diplomacy, and even military action? Absolutely. Is the US out to conquer the Middle-East and butcher everyone who lives there? Nonsense.

Do France and England want to seize land in the ME and partition the region? This isn't the early 20th century.

Meanwhile, European nations have welcomed millions of migrants, refugees, and immigrants from Muslim countries. Thousands of mosques have been built in Europe, the mayor of London is Muslim, etc. That certainly doesn't look like a hostile people who are out to destroy Muslims. Quite the opposite.

This "us vs. them" rhetoric has to stop. It plays into the hands of racists, jihadists, and others who want to sow discord and hatred.
First of all if you want to speak about me, you can speak directly to me.

Secondly, this guilt tripping tactics is old. Correlating real and genuine muslim (and other colonial subjects) resistance with extremist groups is a tactic used by you people to ensure the end of resistance and to ensure complete submission. I hope no one here falls for these tactics.

"They are a roving, genocidal cult."

For sure they are, but I don't see how they are different from USA, Israel, France, UK, Poland, Germany, Australia. ISIS are the arabic versions of European people.

You said a lot of superficial statements, to change the focus of discussion. The West runs the largest anti-islam industry in world's history that is specifically designed to harm and destroy Islam at a philosophical, theological and ideological level. To that end, they fund millions to produce more and more in such content. Furthermore, they produce movies, comics, "satire" to attack Islamic figures and islamic culture. To quote one of the staff of Charlie Hebdo, "We assassinate without the use of bullets."

As George Curzon, the West will never allow a political establishment of Islam to be ever established. To that end, the West has promoted secualrism, atheism, homosexuality around muslim world either through their vassal states (UAE, pre-shia Iran), through universities, through NGOs and funded secular political activists. When that was not enough, they have worked to destroy any islamic movement, with only Turkey's AKP being the only survivors. And even when that is enoguh they have launched invasions that has killed millions of people.

And there's RAND file on how the US plans to divide muslims into four groups so they keep fighting each other, instead of kicking Europeans out of muslim countries.

"Do France and England want to seize land in the ME and partition the region? This isn't the early 20th century. "

No there is already Israel and USA to do that. And France and UK are still looting the resources of Africa, while USA is looting ME and will eventually loot Venezuela and Iran.

"Meanwhile, European nations have welcomed millions of migrants, refugees, and immigrants from Muslim countries."

Now this is just commercial ad level propaganda. This is so ridiculous, I'm not sure if it warrants a reply. Not even 5% of the European people wanted any muslim or African refugees. The governments didn't have the people's mandate and were acting on their own. That's all nearly ALL of those governments have been kicked out of power, and will never be elected again. Even Merkel who was once the world's 3rd most influential politician is having to resign.

It is "Us vs Them", it always was. Europeans think they are the knights and everyone different than them are the evil monsters who need to be purged (be they native americans, gypsies, muslims, communists, etc) and muslims are just the new Orcs in line of succession. I am guessing if Europe takes down Islam, they will go after China next.

Ahmed.
04-25-2019, 05:40 PM
Bruv, let me tell u something very important about the corporate media, nearly everything they say is a lie. It's all propaganda just to assist them and their politicians' agenda.

I'll give you an example:

After the London 7/7 bombings, sky news was playing the videos of the suicide bombers and in the videos all the suicide bombers said that they are doing this as uk bombing is killing civilians in Iraq, straight after showing these videos a panel started discussing why they did the bombings

I'm like, er, why are they discussing this as these guys just plainly said in English why they did it, and guess what?, they completely ignored what was said from the bombers themselves and after some discussion they concluded that the reason why they did it is, they just want to change our way of life :Emoji46::Emoji46::Emoji46:

CuriousonTruth
04-25-2019, 05:56 PM
trueactivist.com/isis-commander-arrested-by-libyan-authorities-exposed-as-israeli-mossad-agent/?fbclid=IwAR1GG9lJq4wiRLQSR_jfARPuMmfWxT_tnF-2f5ShOiN8HDrGGZ3iqBbTF2M

‘ISIS Commander’ Arrested By Libyan Authorities Exposed As Israeli Mossad Agent

Read More: https://www.trueactivist.com/isis-co...DrGGZ3iqBbTF2M

So this is a bit old but I wonder how credible this is.

Silas
04-25-2019, 06:14 PM
First of all if you want to speak about me, you can speak directly to me.

Secondly, this guilt tripping tactics is old. Correlating real and genuine muslim (and other colonial subjects) resistance with extremist groups is a tactic used by you people to ensure the end of resistance and to ensure complete submission. I hope no one here falls for these tactics.

"They are a roving, genocidal cult."

For sure they are, but I don't see how they are different from USA, Israel, France, UK, Poland, Germany, Australia. ISIS are the arabic versions of European people.

You said a lot of superficial statements, to change the focus of discussion. The West runs the largest anti-islam industry in world's history that is specifically designed to harm and destroy Islam at a philosophical, theological and ideological level. To that end, they fund millions to produce more and more in such content. Furthermore, they produce movies, comics, "satire" to attack Islamic figures and islamic culture. To quote one of the staff of Charlie Hebdo, "We assassinate without the use of bullets."

As George Curzon, the West will never allow a political establishment of Islam to be ever established. To that end, the West has promoted secualrism, atheism, homosexuality around muslim world either through their vassal states (UAE, pre-shia Iran), through universities, through NGOs and funded secular political activists. When that was not enough, they have worked to destroy any islamic movement, with only Turkey's AKP being the only survivors. And even when that is enoguh they have launched invasions that has killed millions of people.

And there's RAND file on how the US plans to divide muslims into four groups so they keep fighting each other, instead of kicking Europeans out of muslim countries.

"Do France and England want to seize land in the ME and partition the region? This isn't the early 20th century. "

No there is already Israel and USA to do that. And France and UK are still looting the resources of Africa, while USA is looting ME and will eventually loot Venezuela and Iran.

"Meanwhile, European nations have welcomed millions of migrants, refugees, and immigrants from Muslim countries."

Now this is just commercial ad level propaganda. This is so ridiculous, I'm not sure if it warrants a reply. Not even 5% of the European people wanted any muslim or African refugees. The governments didn't have the people's mandate and were acting on their own. That's all nearly ALL of those governments have been kicked out of power, and will never be elected again. Even Merkel who was once the world's 3rd most influential politician is having to resign.

It is "Us vs Them", it always was. Europeans think they are the knights and everyone different than them are the evil monsters who need to be purged (be they native americans, gypsies, muslims, communists, etc) and muslims are just the new Orcs in line of succession. I am guessing if Europe takes down Islam, they will go after China next.
You say the west is engaged in an anti-Muslim propaganda campaign? OK, and I'd invite you to compare that to how the west portrays Christianity in the media and press: countless movies and television shows have shown priests and pastors to be predators, criminals, etc. the church as a militant, corrupt organization. Artists funded by the US government have taken photos of crucifixes floating in urine, or have painted pictures that insult and desecrate the faith. Feminists protest the church by throwing blood at churches.

There is far more "anti-Christian" stuff out there than anti-Muslim, believe me. It isn't even close.

You call all Europeans ISIS, say you hate them, post stuff about the bombings in Sri Lanka that looks celebratory, and then wonder why only 5% of Europeans (if true--I doubt it) want Muslims in their countries?

Ahmed.
04-25-2019, 06:23 PM
Pregnant wife of Sri Lanka bomber detonates suicide vest during raids, killing her children and three police officers :Emoji29:

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/p...275347f786f458

CuriousonTruth
04-25-2019, 07:50 PM
post stuff about the bombings in Sri Lanka that looks celebratory
Your comprehension skills need real work

- - - Updated - - -

You say the west is engaged in an anti-Muslim propaganda campaign? OK, and I'd invite you to compare that to how the west portrays Christianity in the media and press: countless movies and television shows have shown priests and pastors to be predators, criminals, etc. the church as a militant, corrupt organization. Artists funded by the US government have taken photos of crucifixes floating in urine, or have painted pictures that insult and desecrate the faith. Feminists protest the church by throwing blood at churches.

There is far more "anti-Christian" stuff out there than anti-Muslim, believe me. It isn't even close.
The US government is one of the most radical christian governments in the world. I would say it is actually the last political christian establishment given that although Central America and South America are more religious, they have no real political establishments. In USA, the Evangelicals in the Bible Belt are mroe conservative than Pakistanis. I saw US TV programmes where the christian preacher said he went to heaven and saw Jesus with Trump and Jesus told him that Trump is his man, and those who reject Trump are the anti-christ. Now go and spin this same story in Pakistan about Imran Khan -everyone will laugh at you.

Yes in some countries liek France there is anti-christian propaganda but that is because they gave up christianity after the Revolution. That doesn't change the fact that they want to destroy islam as well.

Yes ISIS are arabic versions of Europeans, I'll say it again without a doubt. However, Europeans have a proven track record of genocide, extinction, world wars, etc. In terms of violence, isis doesn't hold a candle to Europe, not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

Pregnant wife of Sri Lanka bomber detonates suicide vest during raids, killing her children and three police officers :Emoji29:

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/p...275347f786f458
You know when they are willing to kill their own children, these people are well and truly gone.

Ahmed.
04-26-2019, 08:48 AM

- - - Updated - - -

The US government is one of the most radical christian governments in the world. I would say it is actually the last political christian establishment given that although Central America and South America are more religious, they have no real political establishments. In USA, the Evangelicals in the Bible Belt are mroe conservative than Pakistanis. I saw US TV programmes where the christian preacher said he went to heaven and saw Jesus with Trump and Jesus told him that Trump is his man, and those who reject Trump are the anti-christ. Now go and spin this same story in Pakistan about Imran Khan -everyone will laugh at you.

Yes in some countries liek France there is anti-christian propaganda but that is because they gave up christianity after the Revolution. That doesn't change the fact that they want to destroy islam as well.

Yes ISIS are arabic versions of Europeans, I'll say it again without a doubt. However, Europeans have a proven track record of genocide, extinction, world wars, etc. In terms of violence, isis doesn't hold a candle to Europe, not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

You know when they are willing to kill their own children, these people are well and truly gone.
Yeah, there's Christians who do similar things. When they want to commit suicide they kill their kids too thinking the kids will be in heaven with them

- - - Updated - - -

trueactivist.com/isis-commander-arrested-by-libyan-authorities-exposed-as-israeli-mossad-agent/?fbclid=IwAR1GG9lJq4wiRLQSR_jfARPuMmfWxT_tnF-2f5ShOiN8HDrGGZ3iqBbTF2M

‘ISIS Commander’ Arrested By Libyan Authorities Exposed As Israeli Mossad Agent

Read More: https://www.trueactivist.com/isis-co...DrGGZ3iqBbTF2M

So this is a bit old but I wonder how credible this is.
There's so much propaganda regarding war thst it's hard to tell whether this is genuine. Libyan government will have it in their interest to make out isis are mossad led; they will obviously say they accused him of being a spy but they know the media will take the 'mossad led' angle.

There could be some mossad spies in there just like there are moderate Muslim spies but that's just to direct air raids and relay info.

- - - Updated - - -

I think u misunderstood. I was quoting the extremist rationale in regards to 'we' and 'us'

Basically they misunderstand a Quranic verse that says 'fight the enemy as they fight you'; while mainstream Muslims take that to mean, fight them in defense, they take it to mean, fight them in the way they fight you, so if they kill your civilians you kill theirs too

They also misunderstand the concept of eye for an eye in Islam. This principle is just for returning abuse or immediate like for like in a fight, however they extend its meaning to killing civilians too

There's a lot of propaganda out there regarding isis so I wouldn't just accept the media's claims.

The shias are traditionally called the 'rafidahs' meaning 'apostates' but this is just a reference to how they apostated in the early days of Islam so the penalty for apostasy doesn't apply to them as they've been non-Muslim (according to 1 opinion) for centuries

The media uses that term to say that's why the isis kill their civilians, however I was following Iraq war very closely. Shias started killing Sunni civilians first and isis started killing shia civilians as an eye for an eye

Silas
04-26-2019, 02:55 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I don't know what jihadist nonsense you have been reading, but I don't think your opinions match up with that of most Muslims

To say all Europeans are basically ISIS is so silly it doesn't deserve a response.

Ahmed.
04-26-2019, 03:24 PM
forgot to explain the killing Sunni civilians part.

Isis do that for reasons of suspected treason and 'assisting the enemy' etc, but not for believing differently to them.

Isis are salafis in creed however they are ultra extreme. 95 percent of Iraqi and Syrian sunnis are ashari so if isis just killed Muslims for believing differently, I think none of the sunnis would be alive in those countries today :Emoji48:

Don't get me wrong, Isis are bad, however their shia and alawite opponents are even more bad, we just don't hear of the genocide their committing :Emoji29:

although assads men severely tortured Sunnis to death, isis just quickly beheaded assads men quick time

Ofcourse the western media will paint isis as the devil incarnate, but let's keep things in perspective when we judge

CuriousonTruth
04-26-2019, 04:20 PM
Honestly, I don't know what jihadist nonsense you have been reading, but I don't think your opinions match up with that of most Muslims

To say all Europeans are basically ISIS is so silly it doesn't deserve a response.
It is "silly" in that ISIS aren't even remotely close to Europeans when it comes to genocide. And given the decline of Saudis, it is unlikely that any other salafi movement will have the chance to compete with Europeans.

"Jihadist" nonsense? The importance of the discussion of European nationalism, European history, European xenophobia are not discussed in salafi circles. They only understand two types of people: themselves and the kuffar (which includes all non-muslims). Nothing more. Infact they don't take kindly to criticism of Europeans. You know arabs love European people (TE Lawrence anyone?) and they consider special focus on Europeans as racism.

Infact my understanding comes from European history, anti-European revolutionary leaders, some helpful Europeans who voluntarily spill the truth for us: https://nypost.com/2006/11/26/the-eu...res-no-chance/

It honestly doesn't matter if those muslims don't understand, they will go extinct liek the gypsies, aboriginals, and native americans then.

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to explain the killing Sunni civilians part.

Isis do that for reasons of suspected treason and 'assisting the enemy' etc, but not for believing differently to them.

Isis are salafis in creed however they are ultra extreme. 95 percent of Iraqi and Syrian sunnis are ashari so if isis just killed Muslims for believing differently, I think none of the sunnis would be alive in those countries today :Emoji48:

Don't get me wrong, Isis are bad, however their shia and alawite opponents are even more bad, we just don't hear of the genocide their committing :Emoji29:

although assads men severely tortured Sunnis to death, isis just quickly beheaded assads men quick time

Ofcourse the western media will paint isis as the devil incarnate, but let's keep things in perspective when we judge
uh huh their scholars literally declared ashari and maturidi aqeedah as kufr based on greek philosophy. They didn't kill those sunnis because they forced them to follow salafi aqeedah.

And so what? Between a virus and a pathological bacteria, choosing neither is good. It's like choosing which company of rat poison you want to die to.

Good thing both they and their sect is dead, good riddance, no one will miss them.

Ahmed.
04-26-2019, 04:36 PM
It is "silly" in that ISIS aren't even remotely close to Europeans when it comes to genocide. And given the decline of Saudis, it is unlikely that any other salafi movement will have the chance to compete with Europeans.

"Jihadist" nonsense? The importance of the discussion of European nationalism, European history, European xenophobia are not discussed in salafi circles. They only understand two types of people: themselves and the kuffar (which includes all non-muslims). Nothing more. Infact they don't take kindly to criticism of Europeans. You know arabs love European people (TE Lawrence anyone?) and they consider special focus on Europeans as racism.

Infact my understanding comes from European history, anti-European revolutionary leaders, some helpful Europeans who voluntarily spill the truth for us: https://nypost.com/2006/11/26/the-eu...res-no-chance/

It honestly doesn't matter if those muslims don't understand, they will go extinct liek the gypsies, aboriginals, and native americans then.

- - - Updated - - -

uh huh their scholars literally declared ashari and maturidi aqeedah as kufr based on greek philosophy. They didn't kill those sunnis because they forced them to follow salafi aqeedah.

And so what? Between a virus and a pathological bacteria, choosing neither is good. It's like choosing which company of rat poison you want to die to.

Good thing both they and their sect is dead, good riddance, no one will miss them.
Well all salafi's say ashari and maruridi is kufr based on their assumption that it contains 'grave worship' but they never forced anyone to accept their creed afaik.

Anyway, the bottom line is, they never killed anyone for believing differently other than the devil worshippers the yezidis

They're dead? They just pulled off a massive terrorist attack bro so what do you mean they're dead? Those Americans should just give them their own state as they are more deadly when they operate clandestinely like this

Silas
04-26-2019, 04:50 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Your people (the Turks) butcher 1.5 million Armenians in the 20th century, and now you are going to lecture Europeans on mass-murder? And yes, I've seen your Armenian Holocaust-denial nonsense--not legitimate scholar or researcher anywhere in the world supports the claim that the killings never happened, or were simple a few "war casualties".

Well before the Armenians were put to the sword, the Byzantine Greeks were brutalized during the conquest.

This is just hypocrisy at the highest level

CuriousonTruth
04-26-2019, 05:08 PM
Well all salafi's say ashari and maruridi is kufr based on their assumption that it contains 'grave worship' but they never forced anyone to accept their creed afaik.

Anyway, the bottom line is, they never killed anyone for believing differently other than the devil worshippers the yezidis

They're dead? They just pulled off a massive terrorist attack bro so what do you mean they're dead? Those Americans should just give them their own state as they are more deadly when they operate clandestinely like this
You are confusing sufi practice with Aqeedah. No the main contention is the physical shape of God, the throne, the "descent" of God, etc.

"but they never forced anyone to accept their creed afaik."

I think you need to research better on this topic.

"They're dead? They just pulled off a massive terrorist attack bro so what do you mean they're dead? Those Americans should just give them their own state as they are more deadly when they operate clandestinely like this"

When you cut the throat of an animal like a cow or dog, you will see it moves and shifts around violently and struggles before it eventually dies - this is the state of ISIS. The only countries where further ISIS attacks could happen is Europe and that is only if the Europeans let it happen to create public sentiment against islam further.

- - - Updated - - -

Your people (the Turks) butcher 1.5 million Armenians in the 20th century, and now you are going to lecture Europeans on mass-murder? And yes, I've seen your Armenian Holocaust-denial nonsense--not legitimate scholar or researcher anywhere in the world supports the claim that the killings never happened, or were simple a few "war casualties".

Well before the Armenians were put to the sword, the Byzantine Greeks were brutalized during the conquest.

This is just hypocrisy at the highest level
We went over this before, the whole "Armenian genocide" nonsense is a western conspiracy to diplomatically pressurize Erdogan. Let me make this as clear as I can be, if Erdogan wasn't in power, and a pro-west secular dog was in power, you wouldn't even know a country called Armenia today, let alone anything related to "armenian genocide".

But I have to admit, Europeans are good at fairy tales. They made the greek myth, roman myth, christian myth and now Armenian myth. Whatever it takes to further your cause right?

The only time Greeks were dealt properly was by Sultan Mehmet II, and even he only had about 30-50k Greek civilian casualties, which was collateral damage, rather than a determined attempt to expel Greeks. Believe me, if Ottomans wanted to make Greeks, Serbians, Bulgarians, ROmanians disappear, they could easily have. But they didn't because of some weird tolerance philosophy and jizya farming.

And then we wouldn't have been talking because atleast half of Europe would remain under Ottoman control today. They lost most of their land because of rebellion. So much for tolerance lol.

SeekerOfTrurh
04-26-2019, 07:15 PM
Hello guys, I'm silent observer of this forum, though ridiculous posts of CuriousonTruth made me want to post my 2 cents in this thread.
You forget that muslim empires were not much tolerant either. Even now in many arab countries there is literally apartheid and segregation between muslim arabs and 2nd grade citizens. Best example is Quatar - many workers from poor states are working almost as slaves - for 200$ and without even right to go back(many have confiscated passports).
Its funny cause in europe there are political parties and mainstream media that are reversing situation and try to picture all muslims as evil people and potential terrorist. Am I , mixed polish-german christian in my 20s responsible for world wars or Iraq invasion? Are you as muslim responsible for ISIS massacres?
Lets be honest - we all prefer people from same cultural circle and sudden appearance of group of strangers had to make some tensions.Public opinion in europe changed with time, and sadly refugees are not without blame too. Many of them have demanding attitude and wants social benefits from their new countries(usually very high in many european states), but refuse to blend into society or even learn language. Also we should remember that some of those refugees took part in terror attacks in europe, overall crime rate among immigrants is also very high. On top of that add economic slowdown and high financial burden - It is not really suprise that people are not that welcoming as Bible or Quran teaches us to be.

Lets say situation is reverse and waves of refugees are marching toward middle east from war-plunged europe. Would the Arab world be more hospitable? Obviously not, some of persian gulf states didnt do almost anything to help their brothers in faith.

Not sure where you got "murderous" from, but I have nothing to fear about hating Europeans, Russians, hindus, etc. I don't bend over backwards like liberal muslims. I have witnessed history and have formulated how to behave with the aforementioned groups, I don't entertain the idea of repeating the same naiveity of the Native Americans with the whole "Kind, polite" behaviour nonsense with Europeans.
You have simple problem - you talk about history, but you dont know anything about that. History shows us that every powerful country/organization is very agressive toward other states. Look even now - in Middle East you have two major powers - Iran and Saudi Arabia. How many refugees they took? Do they care for Syrians or Yemenis? Was Ottoman Empire more tolerant toward christians than British Empire toward native Americans? Only a bit. Christians under Ottomans were second grade citizens taxed more heavily, enslaved into jannisaries and with only apparent religious freedom. Do you know that many Albanians and Bosnians conversed to Islam only cause of very high taxes?
Believe me, if Ottomans wanted to make Greeks, Serbians, Bulgarians, ROmanians disappear, they could easily have. But they didn't because of some weird tolerance philosophy and jizya farming.
Believe me, if Americans and Europeans wanted to make muslims disappear, they could easily accomplish that(western armies are way stronger). But they didn't because dunno, maybe they are not as anti-muslims as you want them to be?
And then we wouldn't have been talking because atleast half of Europe would remain under Ottoman control today. They lost most of their land because of rebellion. So much for tolerance lol.
Once again history - you forget to add that in XIX century Ottoman Empire was in decline and in very bad shape. Whenever such a situation occurs, subjudged nations will try to rise and fight for independence, whatever we say about Greek Christians or Arab Muslims.
We went over this before, the whole "Armenian genocide" nonsense is a western conspiracy to diplomatically pressurize Erdogan. Let me make this as clear as I can be, if Erdogan wasn't in power, and a pro-west secular dog was in power, you wouldn't even know a country called Armenia today, let alone anything related to "armenian genocide".
So what happened to Armenians? did they commit collective suicide? Sorry, I know - they just casually walk into desert and never went back right? What about Greeks or Assyrians? Do you really believe that thousands of people disappeared without reason? Turkey has no shame and thanks to their stubbornness they avoid serious talk about reparations. I can assure you that I knew about those genocides long before I knew the name Erdogan...

So whats the point of this post? Only to show you that you cant label people as evil only cause they are christians/muslims/Americans/Arabs/Turks/German.You make same mistake as new zealand killer. As muslim supremacist you are not better than him. Its same dangerous and immature ideology.

Ahmed.
04-26-2019, 10:13 PM
Asos billionaire loses three children in Sri Lanka attacks :Emoji29:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-48011075

سيف الله
04-30-2019, 08:12 PM
Salaam

Another update.

Sri Lanka’s face cover ban has nothing to do with protecting citizens – its only goal is to punish Muslim women

People who have covered their faces for over 20 years are now afraid to leave their homes. Once again, it’s women who are being targeted by extremists and Islamophobes alike

One week after the Easter Sunday attacks, Sri Lanka is still in turmoil. As law enforcement and security forces proceed with investigations, and searches throughout the island have uncovered more weapons, fear, confusion and misinformation are rife.

It wasn’t long before Islamophobes called for a burqa and niqab ban, and the government wasted no time in issuing a statement declaring a ban on “all face coverings” soon after, though their intended target is clearly the niqab and burqa worn by some Muslim women.

At the time of writing, there was no gazette under emergency regulation, therefore the ban was not legally in effect as early as many in the public thought it was, although the gazette has now been published.

It is clear that the government is reacting to racist rhetoric, as there has been no evidence to suggest that the niqab or burqa was used by the suicide bombers. In fact, CCTV footage reveals that they were men dress in pants and shirt, carrying large backpacks.

In over two decades of war; Sri Lankan Muslim women who covered their faces always complied with security personnel at checkpoints, and revealed their faces for identification purposes. Removing the burqa/niqab for security purposes is not new to them or contested by the community. A blanket ban therefore is extreme and unwarranted.

This move will only embolden racist vigilantes who harass Muslim women during the frequent attacks on the Muslim community in post-war Sri Lanka. Incidents have occurred where the headscarves worn by some Muslim women are supposedly mistaken for the niqab or burqa by security persons and civilians, leading to some headscarf-wearing women being asked to remove the shawls or scarves during security checks.

A more hostile encounter can be seen in a video circulating on social media in which a civilian man aggressively demands a woman passerby to remove her niqab. Her voice shakes as she agrees to reveal her face if he stops video recording her.

One of the strangest things about this ban is the fact that the government chose to consult a controversial Muslim organisation in drafting legislation against the burqa and niqab. The All Ceylon Jamiyyathul Ulama (ACJU), one of many Muslim organisations in Sri Lanka, has no women in its leadership. In the past, the ACJU had released a fatwa declaring that Muslim women should conceal their faces in public.

The ACJU has also stood against Muslim women who have demanded reforms in Muslim personal law. Currently there is no stipulation of age of marriage in the Muslim Marriage and Divorce Act (MMDA) and girls as young as 14 years are sometimes given off in marriage.The law also does not require the consent of the women to be married. Given this background, what gives the ACJU the authority and expertise to represent women in the Muslim communities and dictate to Muslim women how they should or should not dress?

The Ministry of Justice is fully aware of well-established Muslim women’s groups that could have been consulted. These groups consist of Muslim women academics, theologians, and women’s rights lawyers all of whom are adequately capable on advising the issue and its detrimental impacts.

Muslim women who have covered their faces for over 20 years, are now afraid to leave their homes. They have not had time to adjust to the ban and they are not mentally prepared for it. For them, concealing their face in public is part of their practice as Muslims; it is part of their identity. Whether the niqab and burqa is a religious obligation or not, this callous call for an overnight ban has left Muslim women more vulnerable and afraid in an already difficult time for everyone in the county.

In all of this, the government has conveniently ignored the reality that it is women who are victimised by extremists and Islamophobes alike.

When Islamic extremism took root in Sri Lanka, the violence was first turned inwards towards Muslim women. Now that this violence has turned outwards, Muslim women are, yet again, the first to face the brunt of the backlash.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8891656.html

CuriousonTruth
04-30-2019, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
Salaam

Another update.

Sri Lanka’s face cover ban has nothing to do with protecting citizens – its only goal is to punish Muslim women

People who have covered their faces for over 20 years are now afraid to leave their homes. Once again, it’s women who are being targeted by extremists and Islamophobes alike

One week after the Easter Sunday attacks, Sri Lanka is still in turmoil. As law enforcement and security forces proceed with investigations, and searches throughout the island have uncovered more weapons, fear, confusion and misinformation are rife.

It wasn’t long before Islamophobes called for a burqa and niqab ban, and the government wasted no time in issuing a statement declaring a ban on “all face coverings” soon after, though their intended target is clearly the niqab and burqa worn by some Muslim women.

At the time of writing, there was no gazette under emergency regulation, therefore the ban was not legally in effect as early as many in the public thought it was, although the gazette has now been published.

It is clear that the government is reacting to racist rhetoric, as there has been no evidence to suggest that the niqab or burqa was used by the suicide bombers. In fact, CCTV footage reveals that they were men dress in pants and shirt, carrying large backpacks.

In over two decades of war; Sri Lankan Muslim women who covered their faces always complied with security personnel at checkpoints, and revealed their faces for identification purposes. Removing the burqa/niqab for security purposes is not new to them or contested by the community. A blanket ban therefore is extreme and unwarranted.

This move will only embolden racist vigilantes who harass Muslim women during the frequent attacks on the Muslim community in post-war Sri Lanka. Incidents have occurred where the headscarves worn by some Muslim women are supposedly mistaken for the niqab or burqa by security persons and civilians, leading to some headscarf-wearing women being asked to remove the shawls or scarves during security checks.

A more hostile encounter can be seen in a video circulating on social media in which a civilian man aggressively demands a woman passerby to remove her niqab. Her voice shakes as she agrees to reveal her face if he stops video recording her.

One of the strangest things about this ban is the fact that the government chose to consult a controversial Muslim organisation in drafting legislation against the burqa and niqab. The All Ceylon Jamiyyathul Ulama (ACJU), one of many Muslim organisations in Sri Lanka, has no women in its leadership. In the past, the ACJU had released a fatwa declaring that Muslim women should conceal their faces in public.

The ACJU has also stood against Muslim women who have demanded reforms in Muslim personal law. Currently there is no stipulation of age of marriage in the Muslim Marriage and Divorce Act (MMDA) and girls as young as 14 years are sometimes given off in marriage.The law also does not require the consent of the women to be married. Given this background, what gives the ACJU the authority and expertise to represent women in the Muslim communities and dictate to Muslim women how they should or should not dress?

The Ministry of Justice is fully aware of well-established Muslim women’s groups that could have been consulted. These groups consist of Muslim women academics, theologians, and women’s rights lawyers all of whom are adequately capable on advising the issue and its detrimental impacts.

Muslim women who have covered their faces for over 20 years, are now afraid to leave their homes. They have not had time to adjust to the ban and they are not mentally prepared for it. For them, concealing their face in public is part of their practice as Muslims; it is part of their identity. Whether the niqab and burqa is a religious obligation or not, this callous call for an overnight ban has left Muslim women more vulnerable and afraid in an already difficult time for everyone in the county.

In all of this, the government has conveniently ignored the reality that it is women who are victimised by extremists and Islamophobes alike.

When Islamic extremism took root in Sri Lanka, the violence was first turned inwards towards Muslim women. Now that this violence has turned outwards, Muslim women are, yet again, the first to face the brunt of the backlash.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8891656.html
Regardless you cannot claim it wasn't coming. If muslim countries were at the top and christian terrorists did attack like that, we would demand all the churches be demolished, and atleast 10-20 churches would be demolished.

You have to understand that SL government has to show they are taking some type of revenge - fair or not.

Mahir Adnan
04-30-2019, 08:50 PM
two mosques were blown up too in sri lanka on the same day

MazharShafiq
05-01-2019, 09:09 AM
Allah bless on Muslims

سيف الله
05-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Salaam

Another update

Dr Zakir Naik’s Peace TV reportedly banned in Sri Lanka

Cable operators in Sri Lanka have reportedly blocked the prominent Muslim preacher Dr Zakir Naik’s Peace TV channel in the wake of the Easter Sunday bombings which killed at least 253 people.

Bangladesh and India had banned the channel as authorities claimed ISIS recruiters used the channel to allegedly brainwash the youth.

Two of Sri Lanka’s largest cable operators, “LT” and “Dialogue” have reportedly stopped airing Peace TV. However, an official announcement regarding the move is yet to be made.

On Monday, India’s National Investigation Agency (NIA) arrested a man in Kerala who is suspected to have links with ISIS, and who allegedly was a follower of the Easter Sunday attacks, Zahran Hashim.

The suspect who has been identified as Riyas Aboobacker, 29, also known as “Abu Dujana” has allegedly told investigators that he had been watching videos and listening to speeches of Dr Naik, as well as of Hashim.

While the Indian media are widely reporting this admission by Aboobacker, it cannot be ruled out that this information could have been obtained by torture or be fabricated by the NIA to fulfil a wider anti-Islam agenda.

The NIA said Aboobacker was arrested for conspiring to commit a terrorist act in connection with its investigation into 2016 ISIS cells in Palakkad and Kasargod.

The world-renowned preacher Dr Naik has been under investigation by Indian agencies since 2016 after his Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) organisation was banned for five years.

Dr Naik has been falsely linked with terrorist organisations by Indian authorities and is currently residing in Malaysia.

ISIS has claimed responsibility for the Easter Sunday bombings in Sri Lanka, with its leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi claiming in a recent video that the group’s operatives had carried out the attacks to territorial losses in Iraq and Syria.

However, the Sri Lankan government has blamed a local “Islamist” group National Thowheed Jamaath (NTJ) for the bombings, and believe that its leader Hashim was the mastermind of the group that carried out the blasts on Sunday 21 April.

https://5pillarsuk.com/2019/05/01/dr...-in-sri-lanka/

Comment

Shah Hussain

What has dr naik got to do with terrorism????
Ive watched a few of his talks and he just seems to answer questions, gives answers from islamic writings and other religious books. In favour of his views,.... is this terrorism???

CuriousonTruth
05-04-2019, 07:11 AM
Very, very surprised South Indian/Tamil muslims are being involved in ISIS, they are the calmest muslims I know. All sub-continental countries need to cut off Suadi funding of "mosques" at once, including Pakistan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.