/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam Fosters Depression

mr2299muslim
04-21-2019, 10:10 PM
After giving it a strong thought I must say that depression is fostered by Islam

Most professions which call for creativity and drive happiness are discouraged and considered Haram. Like singing; dancing; acting; performing; poetry ; illustrating ; fashion designing.

I mean there is literally no answer to this. Islam supports regressive thinking. And it is designed to create an environment of a prison

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
04-21-2019, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mr2299muslim
After giving it a strong thought I must say that depression is fostered by Islam

Most professions which call for creativity and drive happiness are discouraged and considered Haram. Like singing; dancing; acting; performing; poetry ; illustrating ; fashion designing.

I mean there is literally no answer to this. Islam supports regressive thinking. And it is designed to create an environment of a prison

Disagree.

western society has seen an increase in mental health problems throughout recent time.

"Arists" belonging to those professions you mention have all suffered cases of mental health problems.

Seriously if you even have a passing interest in any of those things then you know about big names that have succumbed to what they feel the world is.

Maybe you should get on the dancefloor and get creative..

Chances are that it still requires practice and insight before you can fully get your boogy on..

So even creativity requires direction.

Islam is far from regressive behaviour.. it promotes a clarity of mind and purpose.

It clearly sets boundaries not for its sake.. but repeatedly for your sake.

Once you understand this, then you can begin to bring things together..

The peace steadfastness brings is in the head primarily..

Where the walls to your room are built.

Now write it out and bake it into a fortune cookie.. I'm done for the day

:|

Although thinking about it I don't know of any Bollywood actors who have depression..

Although I dont really watch Bollywood films.

Maybe Indians dont get depression.

What ya think?

Ahmed.
04-21-2019, 10:31 PM
Islam creates inner happiness peace and bliss, so although outwardly a Muslims life might seem like a prison, but yet inwardly he is in heaven! :)

mr2299muslim
04-21-2019, 10:50 PM
Quite rude I must say. Your aggressiveness is quite apparent. But the ratio of those doing the work that is acceptable in Islam have a higher rate of depression than those who aren't doing that. I highly doubt someone that is creative would feel depressed when his mind is being stimulated than the work allowed in Islam. Let's admit that it Fosters a regressive soceity where there should be no art at all. The arguments are right to an extent but the percentage is exceptionally low.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
04-21-2019, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
Islam creates inner happiness peace and bliss, so although outwardly a Muslims life might seem like a prison, but yet inwardly he is in heaven! :)
Even this I feel I have slight contention with, if Allah swt is happy with you even the world would not seem like a prison.

But we have a habit of wronging our own souls in the pursuit of this life, it's almost unavoidable.

I suppose even the prison should be one that is inside the mind..

To protect ones self from himself.

....totally on a role, two rubbish posts and one contradiction of thought.

mr2299muslim
04-21-2019, 11:10 PM
You're an ignorant guy who seems to make no sense at all. You're saying creativity (that Islam is against )is not likely to result in depression. It's better you stop posting brother. You are an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

If it did not foster depression. It would not say that the world is a prison for a believer! I guess people stay happy in prisons right idiot!

M.I.A.
04-21-2019, 11:31 PM
Quite rude I must say. Your aggressiveness is quite apparent. But the ratio of those doing the work that is acceptable in Islam have a higher rate of depression than those who aren't doing that. I highly doubt someone that is creative would feel depressed when his mind is being stimulated than the work allowed in Islam. Let's admit that it Fosters a regressive soceity where there should be no art at all. The arguments are right to an extent but the percentage is exceptionally low.
Im not aggressive o_0

So basically your a singer now, what songs do you want to sing?

Anything in particular?

How about art? Maybe your calligraphy is on point , or you see an open space that just needs something to draw the eye towards?

Maybe you want to make a wood/resin table like those YouTube videos or a nice wood turned chair?

Middle of the road examples are always available,

Basically all your creative passions can be persued...

But what you impose on the world is entirely up to you.

Maybe those muslims involved in Muslim activities should/would also be happier doing something creative..

Same with the youth.

You definitely have the problem by the horns.

...you just want to give the wrong answer.

To be fair I feel most free when pushed and in the moment. Spontaneous creativity is amazing..

It almost looks like talent.

But then you make it competitive and the whole thing becomes something else.

"/

...that's why I like helping.

Because everybody knows the problem.

And everybody needs help sometimes.

But remember, it's always good to play with people better than yourself.

..and yes, your right iv heard it in my head loads of times..

Stupid and slow.

..maybe should have finished my degree so I could hit people over the head with it.

Settle down in the back, no need to shout. :p

I'm sure we already know the habits that are chains upon us.. although we have a hard time admitting it to ourselves.

mr2299muslim
04-22-2019, 12:07 AM
All art is not calligraphy. And of you limit art then it defeats the whole purpose. Though I believe decency should be maintained but the minute you limit it to calligraphy or a simple and boring video on wood making on YouTube then you basically cannot do much. my argument is that Islam is by design for the next life and a believer will always be bound my the mental prison that is created by the religion. You can do things to an extent which actually don't mean much. Therefore it Fosters sadness and depression. That's why they say that for a believer the world is a prison

eesa the kiwi
04-22-2019, 12:17 AM
All art is not calligraphy. And of you limit art then it defeats the whole purpose. Though I believe decency should be maintained but the minute you limit it to calligraphy or a simple and boring video on wood making on YouTube then you basically cannot do much. my argument is that Islam is by design for the next life and a believer will always be bound my the mental prison that is created by the religion. You can do things to an extent which actually don't mean much. Therefore it Fosters sadness and depression. That's why they say that for a believer the world is a prison
Complain elsewhere

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.