/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia/Brunai immigration: stranded in transfer zone

Physicist
04-25-2019, 04:25 PM
Not sure if this is related to Islam, but want to share my situation:

When was extending my stamp in Malaysia, I've got the "Special Pass" to arrange leaving the country, which allows to stay in continental part.

However as a next destination I chose Brunei. When I arrived I wasn't allowed in due to lack of invitation and insufficient finances to stay in hotel. Staying in masjid or in tent prohibited.

But! My passport was stamped like I
have entered Brunei. Meanwhile I was deported back to KL and my passport travelled separately from me. I've got it back only in KL immigration office where problem cases being considered.

I was not let into country and currently stranded in small transfer zone with no food/water. There are ways to try and escape to the city, but it this case it will be like if I crossed Brunei/Malaysia border illegally, what is it for??? If they only needed to cover mistake of putting entry stamp, it was enough to put exit stamp.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-25-2019, 11:20 PM
Are you still in transfer zone?.

Physicist
04-25-2019, 11:33 PM
Yes. Alhamdullilah was given some food.

ardianto
04-26-2019, 12:09 AM
Alhamdulillah if you get food. Yeah, bureaucratic procedure sometime long and need our patience to wait.

Be patient. Do not escape from transfer zone because it can make you get trouble with immigration agency, especially if you want to go abroad again.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmed.
04-26-2019, 08:37 AM
Ask them for food if you run out brother. Im sure they'll give you

Physicist
05-30-2019, 08:38 AM
Follow up of the story... That time I've spent 4 days in transfer zone until they tired of me and allowed me to buy the ticket to Indonesia for 2 days later. That time I was said I can't go in until will visit country of origin and UNHCR refused to help.

Now I'm coming there again... Evil-test of malaysian immigration :) This time I have valid reason - to apply for indonesian visa to study in boarding school.

Physicist
05-30-2019, 07:22 PM
Alhamdulillah, I'm in :)
Just needed strong reasonable case.
Inshaallah they will improve their immigration system, make own rules instead of blindly copying western bureaucracy.
Many asian countries struggle with immigration policies, new regulations killing existing niches, like that of digital nomads.

mehtasheya
08-28-2019, 06:35 AM
Malaysia is the best place for travelling.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.