/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a valid excuse for not fasting?

Nitro Zeus
04-26-2019, 11:03 AM
I take pills day and night only, and I have to take them for rest of my life without delaying. Is that a valid excuse for not fasting whole day?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SintoDinto
04-26-2019, 11:55 PM
well you have to consult your doctor, as he or she is the professional on whether it impacts your health in adverse ways. while you COULD try to take them before suhoor ends and after iftar begins, fasting can have many bad health effects on people taking psychiatric or other medications (im in the same situation, i haven't been able to fast consistently) thus making it allowed for you to not fast because the sick are not required to fast and you fall under the category of people who are "too ill to fast" even though i guess youre not ill when you take the pills with foods, but you know what i mean. it means, since you would GET sick, you are exempt IF THE DOCTOR says so.

Nitro Zeus
04-27-2019, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SintoDinto
well you have to consult your doctor, as he or she is the professional on whether it impacts your health in adverse ways. while you COULD try to take them before suhoor ends and after iftar begins, fasting can have many bad health effects on people taking psychiatric or other medications (im in the same situation, i haven't been able to fast consistently) thus making it allowed for you to not fast because the sick are not required to fast and you fall under the category of people who are "too ill to fast" even though i guess youre not ill when you take the pills with foods, but you know what i mean. it means, since you would GET sick, you are exempt IF THE DOCTOR says so.
Ok, thanx

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.