/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Attitudes to Mother

ameerkam
04-26-2019, 03:26 PM
My parents are divorced. My dad usually says Alhamdulillah and Subhanallah in reaction to things but my mother doesn’t often. Since I need to be more dutiful to my mother should I try and make her say them often too?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
09-15-2019, 06:49 PM
Assalamu alaykum warahmitAllahi wa barakatu, as a Muslim, it is your duty to spread good acts and religious acts to your parents and loved ones. When it comes to dealing with your parents, do not anger them... Be gentle and kind
I pray the best for you.

Mandy
09-17-2019, 10:38 AM
Parents are not perfect. Most of us try hard, but we are not. As a muslim it is your duty to help you mother and respect her. Be there for her and try to help her grow strong in islam. But do not start arguments with her needlessly.
Maybe she grew apart from islam a bit for some reason. Just make sure she feels welcome to come back and that she knows you love and respect her.

Ahmed.
09-17-2019, 02:14 PM
Saying these praises are recommended and sunnah and 100% optional so all you could do is just say politely that your mum should say it time to time, telling her of its benefits. Just say it ONCE* and don't try to force her or pressure her to say it if she doesn't as otherwise it will be sin on your part for pestering her and troubling her. Your mum will look upon you as a problematic and somewhat psychotic son...

*Saying it more than once will could fall under troubling your mum and make you look psychotic too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.