/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Explain to me about life of grave

Nitro Zeus
04-28-2019, 07:27 PM
I heard that from a Islamic video that a man said that the Prophet said that the dead people visit each other.

Also, there is another narration which I want to share it with you:

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "When the dead person is buried two black-blue angels come to him, one called al-Munkar and the other called an-Nakeer, and they say to him: 'What had you used to say about this man?' So he says what he used to say: 'Allaah's slave and His Messenger, I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.' So they say: 'Verily we knew that you (would) say that.' Then his grave is widened for him to the extent of seventy cubits by seventy, then it is made light for him, then it is said: ' Sleep.' So he says: 'I should go to my family and inform them.' So they say: 'Sleep as the newly married sleeps whom no-one awakes except his favourite wife.' Until Allaah raises him up from that place of sleep. And if he is a hypocrite (munaafiq), he says: 'I heard the people saying something so I said it too, I don't know.' So they say: 'We knew that you (would) say that.' So it is said to the earth: 'Crush him', so he is crushed until his cross over and he remains in the state of torture until Allaah raises him up from that resting place." [Hasan: At-Tirmidhee from Abu Hurairah.]

When I read this, I got really lost, because I don't understand.

My question is: what exactly happen to a good Muslim when he dies? Will he or she sleep inside grave just like we do at night until the Day of Resurrection and that person will be awaked on that Day? Or, will that person be in a realm where he will meet other spirits of the dead?

Can someone kindly explain to me this? Because, I don't understand what exactly happens to us when we die.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
04-29-2019, 10:28 AM
yes it is right

keiv
04-29-2019, 10:50 AM
When we die, we will be asked 3 questions by the angels. Our time in the afterlife will be based on the answers we give to these questions. (See: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1040...s-in-the-grave).

The period between our death and the day we are resurrected, we will be in the barzakh. Think of it as being in a state of a dream except, we don't wake up from it. We are also separated from the dunya, so the concept of ghosts in Islam does not exist as the dead can't see us, nor can we see them. (See: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1111...-is-al-barzakh).

Here is some additional information regarding the dead visiting one another. (See: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2082...n-their-graves)

Nitro Zeus
04-29-2019, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
When we die, we will be asked 3 questions by the angels. Our time in the afterlife will be based on the answers we give to these questions. (See: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1040...s-in-the-grave).

The period between our death and the day we are resurrected, we will be in the barzakh. Think of it as being in a state of a dream except, we don't wake up from it. We are also separated from the dunya, so the concept of ghosts in Islam does not exist as the dead can't see us, nor can we see them. (See: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1111...-is-al-barzakh).

Here is some additional information regarding the dead visiting one another. (See: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2082...n-their-graves)
Aha, so when we die, we will eventually sleep and if you were good Muslim, you will have only good dreams until the a Day of Resurrection, and if you were a bad Muslim or disbeliever, then you will have painful dreams, correct?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MazharShafiq
04-29-2019, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Aha, so when we die, we will eventually sleep and if you were good Muslim, you will have only good dreams until the a Day of Resurrection, and if you were a bad Muslim or disbeliever, then you will have painful dreams, correct?
yes and good or bad dreams effect on your body directly.

Nitro Zeus
04-29-2019, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
yes and good or bad dreams effect on your body directly.
Now I understand. So, also the fact that dead people visit each other is also a dream of a dead person, right? That's mean in one's dream he can have the ability to talk to another dead person in his dream, right?

MazharShafiq
05-01-2019, 03:08 AM
Yes, the dead person's souls meet others, but the body remains inside the grave, and the souls who meet are together and have the same as if they are dreaming.

Nitro Zeus
05-01-2019, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
Yes, the dead person's souls meet others, but the body remains inside the grave, and the souls who meet are together and have the same as if they are dreaming.
So, we will actually dream that we meet each other, right?

keiv
05-01-2019, 10:08 PM
Well, I wouldn't put too much focus on the "dream" part. We use dreaming as a way to help us better understand the idea of the soul leaving the body. When we die, we aren't in a state of dreaming where we will return back to our body and wake up as if nothing has happened (not regarding the day of resurrection). Once we die, we die. Some of us will receive punishments in the grave, others won't and in either case, the soul will experience the effects of those things.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're asking but, when people meet each other in the afterlife, we aren't dreaming about the other people or the events going on.

MazharShafiq
05-02-2019, 10:49 AM
So, we will actually dream that we meet each other, right?
Allah knows the origin of the original, but according to Hadiths that it is as if a person is dreaming.

MazharShafiq
05-02-2019, 10:52 AM
but our body would feel every good and bad sense

MazharShafiq
05-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: Allah's Apostle passed by two graves and said, "Both of them (persons in the grave) are being tortured, and they are not being tortured for a major sin. This one used not to save himself from being soiled with his urine, and the other used to go about with calumnies (among the people to rouse hostilities, e.g., one goes to a person and tells him that so-and-so says about him such-and-such evil things). The Prophet then asked for a green leaf of a date-palm tree, split it into two pieces and planted one on each grave and said, "It is hoped that their punishment may be abated till those two pieces of the leaf get dried."
From Abu Hurayrah who said: The Prophet said, “When one of you finishes the last tashahhud (testimony of faith in prayer), he should seek refuge in Allah from four things: From the Punishment of Hell, from the Punishment of the Grave, from the trials of life and death, and from the evil trials of the Maseehud-Dajjaal (Anti-Christ).”
Anas reported Mohammed as saying: If you were not (to abandon) the burying of the dead (in the grave), I would have certainly supplicated to Allah that He should make you listen to the torment of the grave.

space
05-03-2019, 01:45 PM
disbelievers and hypocrites will very severely be punished in the grave eternally until the Day of Judgement while sinners among the Muslims can just face temporarily consequences of the torment of the grave

Nitro Zeus
05-04-2019, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by space
disbelievers and hypocrites will very severely be punished in the grave eternally until the Day of Judgement while sinners among the Muslims can just face temporarily consequences of the torment of the grave
Are there also Muslim hypocrites?

keiv
05-04-2019, 07:54 PM
Are there also Muslim hypocrites?
Yes. They will be in the lowest levels of Hell.

Nitro Zeus
05-04-2019, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
Yes. They will be in the lowest levels of Hell.
Ok, I understand now

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.