/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can We Stand On The Shoulders Of Giants?

k.ibrahim
04-29-2019, 09:35 PM
Bismillah Ir-Rahman, Ir-Raheem. I begin with ALLAH's auspiciousness,whose Name is the Best among all the names. All Revences, All Sanctities and All Worships are due to ALLAH alone. Ashahadu An Laa illaaha illal llahu
Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan Abdu Hu Wa Rasooluhu
''I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah
who is without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is the Rasool.'' "O Allah, Shower Your Peace come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have brought peace to Ibrahim and his family.
Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. O Allah, Shower your blessing upon Muhammad and thefamily of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious". Iam Satisfied with Allâh as My Rabb and Cherisher,Iam Satisfied With Islam as My Din(religion) and I am satisfied with Muhammad as a Rasulallah (Messenger)sallallahu alaihi was salam) I seek Protection with ALLAH! With the Glorious and Noble Face of ALLAH! With the Complete and Perfect words of ALLAH! With the Exalted Attributes of ALLAH! From the Punishment of Hell; From chastisement in the Grave; From the Trial of Life and Death; From the Mischief of the dajjal. There is no power nor strength with (anyone) save Allah. ALLAH is Good and Only accept that which is Good. ALLAH is the Truth and only accept that which True. ALLAH is Pure and only accept that which is Pure. Ya ALLAH! ALL the praises are for You,You are the Holder of the Heavens and the Earth, And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are are the Substaner of the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All the praises are for you;You have the Possession of the Heavens and the Earth and whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All the praises are for You; You are Light(Nur) of the Heavens and Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the King of the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the Truth and Your Promise is the Truth, And Your word is the Truth and the Meeting with You is true, And Paradise is True And Hell is true and All the Prophets(peace be upon them) are true; And Muhammad Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) is true,And the Day of Resurrection is True. Ya ALLAH! You have promise and Your promise is the truth,Ya ALLAH! You have promise and Your words is the truth, Ya ALLAH! You have promise and You are the Truth!. Ya ALLAH! You have created Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) to be the most truthful of men and what He(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) has said is the absolute truth! Ya ALLAH! You have promise that You would send one who would revive, restore, rejuvenate Your Din(religion).Ya ALLAH it is getting late and time is not with us,Ya ALLAH You have Promise! Ya ALLAH You have Promise! and Your Promise is the Truth!. Ya ALLAH! Ya ALLAH! you are the one whom no eyes can see! O ALLAH!You are the one whom no thoughts can comprehend!Neither can this narrators describe your Praise and Glory in the way that it should be describe! Nor are you affected by the vicissitudes of time. Nor are you afraid of the revolution of time. O ALLAH! You are the creator of time! O ALLAH! The weights of the mountains, The measures of oceans, every drop of rains and every leaves that falls from the trees are all within your knowledge. O ALLAH! You know all those things that the darkness of Night falls upon. And You know all those thing that the day casts its Light upon. Neither can the Sky hide the other heavens from you, Nor can the Earth hide the other earths from you!; neither can the Oceans conceal those things which are at their bottom, nor can the mountains conceal those things which are in their core! O ALLAH! Destine for me in the last stage of life, to be the best part of my life and the best actions at the end of my days and make that Day to be the best of all on which I meet you.! There is no God but Allah, The One Who has no partners. To Him belongs all His kingdom and all the praise, Who created life and death and Who is Alive without Death. From His hands (only) good is done and Who has Power over everything. --------------- Can we stand on the shoulders of giants ? Can we stand on the shoulders of giants ?? Can we stand on the shoulders of giants ???------ The answers is No! Because the Sahabah they were extraordinary people and were by their great stature too tall, The Sahabah were and is such Giants that they rose to face the challenges of life and distinguish themselves as Giants among men in the Eyes of ALLAH! Rasulullah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) said: 'The best of my nation is my generation then those who follow them and then those who follow them.' [Sahih Bukhari ]-'And the first fore runners [in the faith] among the Muhajireen and the Ansar and those who followed them with good conduct – Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Him, and He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever. That is the great attainment.'-And they are held in such high esteem that we can only look up to them And wish and hope to achieve the like of what they achieve in their life time! We cannot stand on their shoulders and see farther than they saw! Because they have seen the paradise through the promise of ALLAH and His Rasulullah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) and all the blessing there in. So there are some Giants in this world that men cannot stand on their shoulders and these are the ones.- The Sahabah, as a class, were an embodiment of righteousness and ALLAH gave them special virtues and noble characteristics and many other gifts. They attained a standard that is rather difficult to emulate in this modern society or modern world! We would be fortunate if we really attain even a partial resemblance to their character! - ALLAH created all Hearts and looked in to them! As Ibn Mas'ood said, "Indeed Allah looked into the hearts of the servants and found the heart of Muhammad Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)to be the best of the hearts of His servants and so He chose him for Himself and sent him as a Messenger. Then He looked into the hearts of His servants after Muhammad Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) and found the hearts of the Sahabah to be the best of the hearts of the servants. So He made them ministers of His Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) fighting for His Din. So whatever the Muslims hold to be good then it is good with Allah and whatever the Muslims hold to be evil it is evil with Allah." [Ahmad, at-Tayalasee] So ALLAH continue to look in to the hearts of His slaves in each generation and chose who would be the best as believing muslims until the hour.-- ALLAH said of the Sahabah that they were the best of People! Why should we not be thankful to those who believed in Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam), assisted him, strove with their lives and wealth to make the Word of Allah supreme, preserved and transmitted it to us, our Din(Religion)? They(Sahabah) had the faith believing strongly and courage with certainty to stand with Rasulullah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) under the most worst condition! Who is more deserving that we pray for them and speak of them in the best manner and think of them with the best thoughts? Allah has described this in His saying: "And those who come after them say: 'Our Rabb! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed.'" [59:10]- ALLAH said of the Sahabah that they were the best of People!- ALLAH did not said that they(The Sahabah) were infallible they made mistakes, People will be unfair and unjust in their thinking, if they think and consider the Sahabah infallible or if they raise them above the rank of ordinary human being, If they do and then read about someone who acted in a way which they do not understand they will accuse him of insincerity in faith, no matter how pious and ALLAH fearing they are. Now we are living in a time where there are people who do not love ALLAH and His Rasulullah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) and do not love Islam.They will take this as a means to attack Islam itself. That's absolutely right! Were people to believe that Rasulullah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)Sahaba were infallible, They would underestimate their own ability,on the basis that they have no such infallibility. This kind of misunderstanding of the Sahabah will be a pretext for disunity among the Muslims. On the other hand, if people think well of the Sahabah and recognizing that they are ordinary human beings who may make mistakes, they will continue to hope that ALLAH will bestow His Grace on them if they make mistakes, They will follow Rasulallah's(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) Sahaba when they are unanimous and acknowledge their status when they differ. Due to their knowledge, wisdom and obedience we grow wise and are able to say all that we say today, but not because we are greater than they, but because they were and is better then us. ---- [The believing Muslim have a better claim to what is right, A believing Muslim always seeks knowledge and wisdom; and he must claim it wherever he finds it.]
----As recorded in Buhari and Muslim: Rasulallah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said :
“Whoever Allah wants good for him, he puts them to test. He puts them through difficulties. Like a diamond or some metal that has to be burnt and then that which is bad from it is removed so that you have that which is the pure diamond or the pure gold or whatever. Put them to tests, trials and difficulties.” As narrated by Tirmidhi and Ibn Maajah : (This is the Hadith that we started with) – Rasulallah(sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said :

‘The greater reward is with the greater trial or the greater the trial or difficulty of test or hardship is then the greater the reward. And when Allah loves a person He will tests them. So he who will be pleased and then He will be pleased. He who is displeased, then He will be displeased.’(Sahaba’s name not clear) ‘The people as long as they are in good health, good shape, good condition they are covered( their true character is hidden). You don’t know their true character because they are in good situation, they are in good circumstance. As long as they are in a good circumstances they are covered(their true character is hidden). But if a trial or difficulty or a hardship comes upon them, then you will see their reality. They will go to their reality. The Mu’min will run to his Imaan (his faith in ALLAH)! The Mu’min will run to his belief in the words of ALLAH!, the believer will run to his belief in the Sunnah ofRasulallah(sallallaahu‘alayhi wa sallam), in his belief in islam!, his Imaan!(his faith!) And the hypocrite will run to his hypocrisy, and the hypocrite will run to his hypocrisy. “Without being shaken, you don’t not know what comes to the top and what goes to the bottom. Without being shaken you don’t know a man of Faith from those who are faking; you won’t know women of Faith from those who are faking. You won’t know those who truly believe from those who don’t until they are shaken. From those who make a claim o-n their tongue and is not really in their hearts and from their limbs from those who are willing to die for this matter. This can o-nly be shown by trials, by tribulations, by difficulties and by the test of Faith!”
Imam Ahmed brought it and Sheikh Nassir brings in his Saheehah No. 147 : Suhaib said that, ‘we were sitting with Rasulallah(sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) and suddenly he laughed. Suddenly Rasulallah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) laughed. He asked his Sahabah: ‘Won’t you ask me what I am laughing about?.’ So they asked Rasulallah(sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) ‘what are you laughing about ?’ So he said : ‘I laughed because I was astonished at the affair of a believer.’ (Listen these are words ofRasulallah(sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) Musthafa alaihi salam. He doesn’t speak of his own desires whatever he speaks it is revelation; Listen, these are words of Rasulullah describing a believer.). All of his affairs, all of his circumstances are good, all of it. If something happens to him that he loves, if Allah blesses him with something that he loves, then he praises ALLAH and this is good. And if something happens to him, if he is put into some difficulty, test or tribulation or hardship or something that he hates, he is patient and that is good for him. And no one’s situation is totally good except the believer. And no one else’s affair, no one else’s circumstance, no one else’s condition, no one else’s situation is totally good except the mu’min, except the believer.!’ ‘The ones who received the most difficulty, and went through the most hardship were the beloved people to Allaah — Al-'Anbya'(the prophets). Allah loved them more than the rest of mankind or creatures. He tested them. He put them through test , he put them through hardship, he put them through difficulties.(O Muslim people!Paradise is not cheap!) Listen to this narration of Ibn Majah and Sheikh Nassir also brings in his Saheehah No. 144 : (Sahaba’s name not clear) “I entered upon Rasulallah(sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) before he passed away whilst he was suffering having a fever — I placed my hand upon him and I felt the heat from above the blanket, I felt the heat ofhis fever from above the blanket. I said : ‘O Rasulallah!, how hard it is upon you.’ Rasulallah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam ) said : ‘Yes, it is like that. Trials and tribulations, hardships and difficulties are doubled and multiplied and increased for us Al-'Anbya' (The prophets). But also the reward, the blessing, the level that he is raised with ALLAH is also multiplied and increased for him.’ I said : ‘O Rasulallah(sallallaahu‘alayhi wa sallam ) who are most put through difficulty? Who are the people who are most tested? Who goes through the most trials and tribulation O Rasulallah?’ He said : ‘Al-'Anbya' (The prophets), then the righteous (Salinas)’

some of them are tested with clothing, some of them are tested with no clothing except an abaya that they place around their bodies, nothing else. But o-ne of them used to be so happy when he was put to trial or test like you see enjoyment and pleasure and contentment through ease. They were happy with trials and tribulations like you are happy with ease.!"---
“Verily the patient will get their reward without it being estimated, without it being calculated. It can’t be counted. O-ne is waiting for reward, for that o-ne who is patient.”
As-Sabr, patience Akhee Muslim, O Muslim people, when we are put to trial, when we are put to test, when we go through sadness, when we go through hardship, when we go through difficulties, patience – As Sabr, then it is a sign that we are upon Khair. It is the sign that we are upon good. It is a distinguishing characteristic, or it is a distinguishing matter that shows that we are upon good. It is narrated in Abu Dawud : ‘Then it is saheeh, the happy o-ne, is the o-ne who can avoid trials and tribulations especially those that lead him astray or take him away from his deen, but the o-ne who is tested and is patient, so greater reward for him, unimaginable reward for him.’
Also it has been related by Bukhari and Muslim : Abbas said to Ibn Rabah :
“Shall I show you o-ne of the women of Jannah? Saudah, this black woman who told Rasulallah(sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) : Verily I have seizures and I become uncovered, make dua to ALLAH for me.’ Rasulallah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: If you are patient you will have Jannah. And if you want I’ll make dua for you that you be healthy. She said : ‘I’ll be patient, I’ll be patient but make sure that I don’t become uncovered.’ So Rasulallah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) made dua to ALLAH that she does not become uncovered.’
This is how those who were before us (the Salaf) were. Because of this some of the salafs used to say : If a difficulty happens to you, a hardship happens to you, if you are put to trial and tested and you are patient,then you have got o-nly o-ne difficulty. You have o-nly got o-ne hardship. You have o-nly got o-ne problem. Whenever a difficulty or hardship or trial comes your way and you are not patient, then you have two problems, and two hardships. And particularly if it is a loss of a child, or a loss of a loved o-ne. You are not patient with that then you have two difficulties.
The loss of the o-ne you love plus the loss of the reward you would have got if you had been patient. To be patient upon the tests, the trials, the hardships and the difficulties as patient will strengthen the faith of the believer. Many of us know that salaah is worship, Zakah is worship, and ruku is worship of ALLAH and sujud is worship of ALLAH, and reading Quran is apart of worship , how many of us know that being patient upon hardship, upon sadness , being patient upon difficulty, upon a test, upon a trial is a form of worship of ALLAH. ALLAH says in Surah Al-Hajj (22:11) :
“And among mankind is he who worships ALLAH as it were, upon the very edge; if good befalls him, he is content therewith; but if a trial befalls him, when fitnah comes to him, or a hardship befalls him, if something that brings about grief comes his way, if he is tested, if he is put to the test, when sadness comes his way, if a hardship befalls him, what happens? He flips upon his face. He loses both this world and the Hereafter. There is no doubt that this is the clear loss.”-----------
“Allah knows best with whom to place His Message” [al-An'aam 6:124]
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Allah knows best where to place His Message, both with regard to the original recipient and those who inherit it from him. He knows best who is fit to receive His Message and convey it to His slaves in a trustworthy and sincere manner, respecting the Sender and fulfilling his duties towards Him, patiently following His commands and showing gratitude for His blessings and drawing close to Him, and He knows who is not fit for that. Similarly, He knows best who among the nations is fit to be the heirs of His Rasulallah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam ) and to succeed them and convey the Message that they received from their Rabb, And who is best in his faith when under difficult trials and hardships. Tareeq al-Hijratayn,p. 171 -------------
Shaykh al-Sa’di (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Those who acknowledge the blessing and affirm it, and who do what it requires of righteous deeds, are the ones on whom Allah bestows His blessing, to the exclusion of those who are not grateful, for Allah is wise and He does not place His bounty with one who is not qualified to receive it. Just as there are many verses and ahadith which speak of their virtue and high status, so too there are texts which state the reasons why they deserved this high status, such as the verse in which Allah says;
“Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate, seeking Bounty from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them is on their faces from the traces of prostration. This is their description in the Tawraat. But their description in the Injeel is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, and becomes thick and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers, that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward “[al-Fath 48:29]
Among the greatest reasons for the high status of the Sahabah is that to which Allah bore witness of their purity of heart and sincere faith. That, by Allah, is a mighty testimony from the Lord of mankind, which no human being can attain after the cessation of the Revelation. Listen to the words of Allah;
“Indeed, Allah was pleased with the believers when they gave the pledge to you (O Muhammad) under the tree, He knew what was in their hearts, and He sent down calmness and tranquility upon them, and He rewarded them with a near victory” [al-Fath 48:18]
Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on him) said in his tafseer: “He knew what was in their hearts” i.e.,of sincerity and loyalty, and the willingness to hear and obey.”
How beautiful are the words of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allah be pleased with him): “…TheSahabah of Muhammad Rasulallah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) were the best of this Ummah, the most righteous of heart and the deepest in knowledge and the most straightforward, the people whom Allah chose to accompany His Rasulallah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)and establish His Din (religion). So acknowledge their virtue and follow in their footsteps, and adhere as much as you can to their morals and Din(religion), for they were following right guidance.These are the Sahabah! these are the Giants that we can not stand on their shoulder! Narrated by Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr in al-Jaami’, no. 1810.
Allah promised Paradise and eternal bliss to the Muhaajireen and Ansaar, and He stated that He is pleased with them in verses that will be recited until the Day of Resurrection. Can anyone think that this would be given to one who does not deserve that bounty?
Allah, may He be glorified and exalted says:
“And the foremost to embrace Islam of the Muhaajiroon and the Ansaar and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success” [al-Tawbah 9:100].Can anyone see farther then they?
The leader of mankind, the foremost among rasul (the Messengers) and anbiy (Prophets), also testified to their virtue. He was a witness over them during his lifetime; he saw their sacrifices and their sincere resolve, and he spoke immortal words of the honour of his Sahabah and his love for them. It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that Rasulallah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Do not revile my Sahabah, for by the One in Whose hand is my soul, if one of you were to spend theEquivalent of Uhud in gold, it would not amount to a mudd of one of them, or half of that.” [Al-Bukhaari (3673) and Muslim (2540)] These are the Giants that we the Muslim Ummah can look up too! (The Sahabah!)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
04-30-2019, 03:36 PM
nice sharing

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.