PDA

View Full Version : Heart – Sayings of the Heart(part 2) Ibn-Al-Qayyim

k.ibrahim
04-30-2019, 12:01 AM
Bismillah Ir-Rahman, Ir-Raheem. I begin with ALLAH's auspiciousness,whose Name is the Best among all the names. All Revences, All Sanctities and All Worships are due to ALLAH alone. Ashahadu An Laa illaaha illal llahuWa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan Abdu Hu Wa Rasooluhu
''I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah
who is without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is the Rasool.''
"O Allah, Shower Your Peace come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have brought peace to Ibrahim and his family.
Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. O Allah, Shower your blessing upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious". I am Satisfied with ALLAH as My Rabb and Cherisher, I am Satisfied With Islam as My Din (religion) and I am satisfied with Muhammad as a Rasulallah (Messenger)sallallahu alaihi was salam.(Amin)-------If you do not find any sweetness and relaxation in your heart from a (good) deed, then you should suspect your heart. Verily, Allaah is grateful. That is, He must reward the doer of the deed for his deed in this world by a sweetness he finds in his heart, a stronger feeling of relaxation and a joy in his eyes. If the person does not find these things, it means that something has entered upon his deed [and made it not correct and purely for Allah’s sake]. - Ibn al-Qayyim (Madaarij al-Salikeen, Vol. 2, Page 68)
The body’s weakness comes from illnesses, while the heart’s weakness comes from sins. And just as the body does not taste the delights of food when it is ill, the heart does not taste the delights of worship when it is sinful. - Dhun-Nun Al-Misri (The life of this world is a transient Shade, by Abdul-Maalik al-Qaasim, Page 72)Know that the heart of a person of sound mind cannot be free of sadness, because he remembers his previous sins, therefore becomes sad, he thinks about his negligence, reflects on what the scholars and the righteous have said and as a result he becomes sad for not taking heed. - Ibn al-Jawzi (Disciplining the soul, by Ibn al-Jawzi, Page 69)Never does the servant turn wholeheartedly to Allaah except that Allaah turns the hearts of the believers to him, providing him their love. - Harim b. Hayyan (Siyar A’lam al-Nabula, 4/49)Yearning for Allah and His meeting is like the gentle breeze blowing upon the heart, extinguishing the blaze of the Dunya. Whosoever causes his heart to settle with his Rabb shall be in a state calm and tranquil, and whoever sent it among the people shall be disturbed and excessively perturbed. - Ibn al-Qayyim (Al-Fawaa’id)There is no success, except through Allaah’s obedience, nor might, except through being humble before His Might, nor richness, except by being meek to His Mercy, nor guidance, except by embracing His Light. There is no life, except by earning His good Pleasure, nor delight, except by earning closeness to Him. The heart can neither earn success, nor righteousness, except by being sincere to Allaah and Loving Him, Alone. - Ibn al-Qayyim (Za’aadul Ma’ad fi Hadyi Khariil Ibaad)What indicates the blackness of the heart are three: Not to find an escape from sinning, nor a place for obedience to occur, nor a haven for the sermon that warns. - Abu Turab an-Nakhshabi (Characteristics of the Salaf by Shaykh Ahmad Fareed, Page 19)It has been conveyed to me that a time will come when the hearts of the people will become so filled with the love of this world that the fear of Allaah will not enter their hearts. You can understand this if you fill a bag with so much of something that the bag becomes full to the brim; then try to put something else in the bag, and you will undoubtedly find no space to put anything else inside. - Sufyaan al-Thawri (Biography of Sufyaan al-Thawri by Salaahud-Deen ibn Alee ibn Abdul-Maujood, Page 146)I fear for you a Fitnah that is like thick smoke, wherein a man’s heart will die just as his body dies. - Ibn Mas’ud (Selected chapters from the Way out of Tribulations by Shaykh Muhammed Ismail al-Muqaddam)There is nothing more beneficial to the Muslim’s heart than to mix with the righteous and to watch their actions, while nothing is more harmful to the heart than mixing with the sinners and watching their actions. - Ahmad ibn Harb (Characteristics of the Salaf by Shaykh Ahmad Fareed, Page 14)It was said by one of the Salaf, ”Beware of hypocritical fear!” On being asked ”What is hypocritical fear?” he replied, ”When your body is seen to be fearing whereas your heart is not fearing.” (Characteristics of the Salaf by Shaykh Ahmad Fareed, Page 8)Just as the person who closes his eyes doesn’t see anything even if he isn’t blind, likewise is the case of the heart in relation to the stain of sins which blind the heart so that it doesn’t see the truth. This is the case even if the heart is not blind, like the blindness of the disbeliever. - Ibn Taymiyyah (Al-Eemaan by Ibn Taymiyyah)Fearing Allah is the source of every good on earth and in the hereafter, and ruined is the heart that knows no fear of Allah! – Abu Sulaiman Ad-Darani (Al-Ihyaa 4/159)The heart is healthy only when it is functioning contrast to its desires. In other words, desires are the sickness of the heart and opposing them is the cure. - Ibn al-Qayyim (Sins and their Punishments by Ibn al-Qayyim)If a heart receives advice but it is filled with what contradicts it, there will be no place in that heart to accept this advice. The advice will simply pass over this heart and not be able to settle in it. Ibn al-Qayyim (al-Fawaa’id)Man might pretend to perform good deeds through the limbs but there might be in his heart this corrupt impurity that leads one to the fire in the end. - Ibn Uthaymeen (Sharh Hadeeth Jibra’eel by Ibn Uthaymeen)If the heart listens to trivial discourse, there will be no place for listening or understanding the words of Allah. Besides, if the heart is inclined to love others, there will be no room to love Allah, and if the heart remembers others rather than Allah, no place will be found to remember Him, and the same applies to the tongue. – Ibn al-Qayyim (al-Fawaa’id)When the heart becomes busy with falsehood no place for the truth remains in it just as when it becomes busy with the truth no place for falsehood remains in it. – Ibn Uthaymeen (Bulughul-Maraam, Vol. 5, Page 30)When love firmly settles in the heart, the limbs will only act in obedience to Allah. - Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali (The Key to Paradise by Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali, Page 51)The greatest of calamities is a hardened heart. – Hudhayfah b. Qatadah al-Mar’ashiyy (Siyar A’lam al-Nabula by Imam al-Dhahabi)Causes of hardheartedness include: Turning away from Allah, and not reading the Qur’an; being preoccupied with this world and focusing mostly on it, and not paying attention to matters of religion, because obeying Allah, makes the heart soft and brings one back to Allah. The remedy for that is to turn to Allah, repent to Him, remember Him a great deal, read the Qur’an a great deal, and do acts of worship, as much as one can. - Ibn Uthaymeen (Fataawaa Noor ala al-Darb by Ibn Uthaymeen, 12/171)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.