/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

BY13
04-30-2019, 02:15 AM
Assalaamualaikum warahmatullah,

I converted to Islam three years ago الحمدلله and have a lot of tattoos. I’d like to have them removed, but don’t have anywhere near the money to do it.

Further, a while back I was living in Thailand practicing Buddhism and studying Hinduism (I started my journey with the oldest religions before ultimately coming to the Quran). One of the tattoos I got there was of Krishna playing his flute (calling to God). I never believed he was God, but rather had seen him instead as more of a Prophet.

Anyways, I understand that it needs to go, but yeah it’s super expensive. It’s not too big or detailed, so it would be easy to cover up with another tattoo.

Would that be permissible?

Thanks in advance,

Assalaamualaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
04-30-2019, 06:51 AM
Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Probably best to ask qualified ulema for this one, try islam web they do take a few weeks to respond but its worth the wait wa lilahil hamd

MazharShafiq
04-30-2019, 03:21 PM
you should be remove every tattooes .

Physicist
04-30-2019, 04:05 PM
If you can't afford to pay for tattoo removal by a master, may be you can learn how to remove it by yourself?
Those masters they didn't know that also, they've learned and now earning good money. I suppose there is enough data in internet about. But do so only if you really understood how it work.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
04-30-2019, 04:30 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

After you convert, you don't have to remove your tattoos since you did it during a time of ignorance. However, since you have a tattoo that represents shirk, it is best to consult a scholar. Alterntively you can remove a portion of it so that it doesn't resemble the original image. That may cost less for you than removing the entire tattoo.

MazharShafiq
05-02-2019, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
If you can't afford to pay for tattoo removal by a master, may be you can learn how to remove it by yourself?
Those masters they didn't know that also, they've learned and now earning good money. I suppose there is enough data in internet about. But do so only if you really understood how it work.
yes it is important to you you have learned by internet to remove tattoos.

Ahmed.
05-02-2019, 09:13 PM
Q: I have recently converted to Islam. Please advice if tattoos are allowed as I have 2 tattoos which were done long before I married and converted. Is it haraam if I do not get it removed?

A: Tattoos are not allowed in Islam.

If removal of the tattoo will not lead to serious injury or development of wounds* then it is necessary to remove the tattoos. Otherwise, always keep the tattoos covered.

May Allah Ta’aala accept you and bless you, Aameen.

Moulana Yusuf Laher

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askmufti/82018

* I suppose the above fatwa will include: and if you can afford to remove it.

Assalmualikum
I have a friend who did a tattoo of a scorpion and snake out of stupidity on his arm and hand when he was young. Now he is repenting on what he did. He wants to remove the tattoo but does not have the means or enough money. What should he do?

In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful.

Answer

There are two ways to look at the aforementioned question. Firstly, he or she has the money to remove the tattoo and the second situation is they do not. Starting with the former, the advice given by my respected teachers is that removing tattoos from the body is painful and expensive, thus, it will be preferable to donate the money to charity then use it for laser treatment to remove the tattoo. With regards to the second situation as you do not have the money to pay for the removal of the tattoo it is not obligatory for you to remove it.

In both situations you should cover the tattoo from other people as tattooing is considered a sin in Islam.

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa-birmingham/19600

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.