/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do Muslims Fast In Ramadan? (10) Reasons

abo
05-06-2019, 09:41 PM

In the name of Allah, the Entirely and Exceptionally Merciful.
Muslims all over the world observe the annual
fast during the daylight hours of Ramadan, the
ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar, in
keeping with a divine commandment
documented in Chapter 2, Verse 185 of the
Holy Qur'an.

The main reason for fasting is to develop self discipline and piety. That’s why Muslims are to
abstain from gossip, lies, obscenity, vulgarity
and physical, mental and spiritual sins.
Almighty God mentioned in the Quran,
chapter 2, verse 183: “O you who believe.
Fasting is prescribed to you as it was
prescribed to those before you that you may
obtain self restraint.”

Fasting during Ramadan purifies the actions
and thoughts of Muslims. also has physical,
spiritual and social benefits.
Fasting elevates a level of God consciousness.
Muslims focus on strengthening their
personal relationship with the creator.
This is the period of spiritual
reflection through extra prayer and recitation
of the Holy Quran. Fasting makes one aware
of many bounties of almighty God which we
take for granted.

The hunger and thirst remind a fasting person
about the poor and destitute who they may
increase sympathy and generosity for the less
fortunate.

T A Q W A
The term Taqwa is often translated as ‘piety’ or ‘God-fearing’, but a better equivalent would be ‘God-consciousness’. It is considered to be the essential
quality of a believer. Taqwa of a believer should
illuminate through all facets of his/her life, just like a
bright light would shine through all openings of an
empty house in an empty field in a dark night. Taqwa,
when coupled with Imaan (faith), makes a well-rounded believer. Taqwa goes hand in hand with
Imaan; one cannot be complete without the other, and
vice versa.

May Allah accept the efforts of all those who contributed in the making of this article and make it beneficial for the children. Ameen

(10) Reasons Why Muslims Fast In Ramadan
1- The most important consideration in undertaking a fast, is to seek nearness to Allah.
2- Fasting measures the faith of man in God and helps strengthen it by putting it to a severe test.
3- Fasting reminds man that the real joy in enjoying God’s bounties lies in moderation and restraint and not in overindulging.
4- Fasting makes us deeply conscious of the pangs of hunger and discomfort suffered by the less fortunate among our brethren.
5- Fasting gives man an unfailing training in endurance, a spirit of acceptance.

6- Fasting develops courage, fortitude, and a fighting spirit in man to surmount the heavy odds in life with a cool and tranquil mind.
7-Fasting cleanses the human system of the accumulated impurities of uninterrupted eating throughout the year.
8- Fasting gives lessons in punctuality. Man has to adhere to a strict schedule of time in the observance of the fast.
9- Fasting exposes the weakness of man in the event of his being deprived of two basic bounties of God; food and drink. It infuses into him a spirit of weakness and submission
10-Fasting develops a spirit of patience, with the realization that the days of fasting, do have a successful and happy end. Thus is life. All bitter situations pass, and come to an end.
compiled by Firdaws Academy
please share on social media!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Physicist
05-06-2019, 10:43 PM
4- Fasting makes us deeply conscious of the pangs of hunger and discomfort suffered by the less fortunate among our brethren.
It rather made me extremely stingy yesterday, that hunger mentality turned on and I spent few hours trying to save $2 by fixing shoe by myself.

keiv
05-07-2019, 01:44 AM
This is a good, straight to the point type of post. JazakAllahu khairin for sharing it

format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
It rather made me extremely stingy yesterday, that hunger mentality turned on and I spent few hours trying to save $2 by fixing shoe by myself.
Maybe try working on #10 ;)

Ahmed.
05-12-2019, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
Lol that's because you're a new convert. You can't expect a lifetime of non-Muslimness to disappear in just one Ramadan!

Give it s few years and you'd be feeling empathy too! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
thequranclasses
01-30-2020, 04:42 PM
In the name of Allah,
Ramadan is a very blessing month for Muslims. Muslims do fast in Ramadan. Fasting is great thing to realize poor people. How they are living without food. In Ramadan Muslims wakeup before Fajar Adhan and they eat food. In the day time they recite holy Quran and they do aftar after at the time of maghrib. After isha prayer they do traweeh.
In short Islam is a great and peaceful religion.

Luqman Essam
02-27-2023, 06:46 PM
How to memorize Quran and never forget it?

These tips of memorizing Quran will classified as follows:
A) Tips before starting memorizing Quran.
B) Tips while you are memorizing Quran.
C) Tips after finishing your memorization of Quran.
A) Tips before starting memorizing Quran:

1. Direct your intention to just Allah alone (or what’s called in Arabic الإخلاص).
  2. Asking Allah for help (or what’s called in Arabic الاستعانة بالله).

2- Tips while you are memorizing Quran

(This also if you want to Memorize Quran for Kids)

1. Dividing each verse.
  2. Check the meaning.

3- Tips after finishing your memorization of Quran

1. Revise all past Ayat (verses) or Surahs
  2. Teaching other people

Learn Quran Online

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.