/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help understanding this

ameerkam
05-08-2019, 02:17 PM
I’m trying to spread some of my artwork on social media and I heard a way to spread it further is to comment on other people’s artwork so you can build connections. This would usually involve complimenting the persons work. Would this be minor shirk or would the deed be taken as insincere because I am being nice to people in order to serve my own interests?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
05-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Hmm you seem to be worried about committing any sins; in that case you need to go all 'wali' on Allah, I.e. you need to practice this deen 100% like a wali Allah :) so I will advice you accordingly

Is your art for business?, in that case it will be ok to put it online and do what's necessary to promote your business even if it means to praise the works of others to gain contacts and interest in yours, However make sure your paintings or the ones you praise do not include faces of animate creatures.

If it's not for business, then it will be s sin to put yours online to 'show off' and hope for praises and likes and praise others' so they do same to you.

You need to just worship Allah 24/7 and make sure whatever you do is halal and to please Allah (swt)

So the answer is, if it's not for business to make money, it will be a sin to show off paintings to get praises from people and to praise theirs just to generate like for your paintings

MazharShafiq
05-09-2019, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
Hmm you seem to be worried about committing any sins; in that case you need to go all 'wali' on Allah, I.e. you need to practice this deen 100% like a wali Allah :) so I will advice you accordingly

Is your art for business?, in that case it will be ok to put it online and do what's necessary to promote your business even if it means to praise the works of others to gain contacts and interest in yours, However make sure your paintings or the ones you praise do not include faces of animate creatures.

If it's not for business, then it will be s sin to put yours online to 'show off' and hope for praises and likes and praise others' so they do same to you.

You need to just worship Allah 24/7 and make sure whatever you do is halal and to please Allah (swt)

So the answer is, if it's not for business to make money, it will be a sin to show off paintings to get praises from people and to praise theirs just to generate like for your paintings
you mean It depends on your intent entirely if your intent is correct that is good, if the intention is not correct then it will be wrong.

Ahmed.
05-09-2019, 09:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
you mean It depends on your intent entirely if your intent is correct that is good, if the intention is not correct then it will be wrong.
Yes ofcourse brother. But I don't think anyone's intention to fast will be bad :)

Hypocryts have riya or other insincerity in their intentions but let's assume every Muslim is good InshAllah! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmed.
05-09-2019, 10:29 AM
@MazharShafiq sorry brother got this one mixed up wiv the intention for fasting thread lol

About OP's intention, what will be the point of putting up art if it's not for sale? I suppose if he intends for people to admire the creation of Allah in pictures then it's ok but he has said before that his poems and art? are not for religious reasons

Abz2000
05-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Wa laa tamnun tastakthir, wa li rabbika fasbir

74:6-7

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.