/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dress code while reading surahs or the Quran

Sajit Khan
05-10-2019, 08:17 PM
hello,
is it ok to read or learn the surahs from the mobile phone while just wearing a pair of shorts ?? Or do I necessarily have a wear a shirt/tee shirt and a pyjama/pants ?
I have very recently started to take interest in my religion but my general way of living is to be in shorts while at home unless there are guests , esp female guests.
pls help me with an ans

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
05-10-2019, 08:26 PM
It will be disrespect to read Quran while just wearing shorts

To cover from navel to all of the knee is an obligation so it's a sin to uncover this area without necessity (such as when having a bath)

Also just like you will feel immodest to be just wearing shorts in front of female guests, we should be more embarssed before Allah to be immodest, and reading Quran is a worship to Allah right? That's why you need to be at least wearing a t shirt and full length trousers at least

Sajit Khan
05-10-2019, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
It will be disrespect to read Quran while just wearing shorts

To cover from navel to all of the knee is an obligation so it's a sin to uncover this area without necessity (such as when having a bath)

Also just like you will feel immodest to be just wearing shorts in front of female guests, we should be more embarssed before Allah to be immodest, and reading Quran is a worship to Allah right? That's why you need to be at least wearing a t shirt and full length trousers at least
sir, even while reading from the mobile phone I need to observe the dress code ??

Ahmed.
05-10-2019, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sajit Khan
sir, even while reading from the mobile phone I need to observe the dress code ??
Yes as it's the Speech of Allah you're reading. And do you have wudhu when reading Quran from mobile as without wudhu you're not allowed to touch front of screen when Quran is written there:

It is permissible to recite the Quran from your mobile phone without wuzu. However you should not touch the text of the Quran on the display screen without wuzu[1]

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/103473

And you don't have to call me sir :) just call me dude or brother :Emoji51:

PS: when offering salah, it is makruh to wear t shirt and have your arms bare, that's because one should be more modest before their Lord. So I'm d3ducing from this that there needs to he more modesty when reading Quran.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.