/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fear of being Alone - Paranoia

Urooj
05-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Salam,

I have fear of being alone, it is called paranoia. When I am alone at home, my husband goes to work. I feel like someone is watching me or someone will come and harm me mainly (a jin). It all gives me so much fear and anxiety. In real, I have not seen anything myself or heard but it is just thought being played over and over again in my mind. I pray, read Quran, do loads of dua etc. What should I do to overcome this please?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
05-13-2019, 02:14 PM
walaikum assalam rahmatullahi barakatuh

Sister you have developed a type of waswas where shaytan is focusing on making you paranoid, fear other than Allah, and ultimately, mentally ill with schizophrenia as that's what paranoia can develop into...

So you need to chisel away at this waswas with zikr. It won't be easy but you need to try your best to not think the way you are when you're alone and just keep yourself busy with zikr or listening to nasheeds or something. Also try to keep physically busy too other than necessary rest.

M.I.A.
05-13-2019, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Urooj
Salam,

I have fear of being alone, it is called paranoia. When I am alone at home, my husband goes to work. I feel like someone is watching me or someone will come and harm me mainly (a jin). It all gives me so much fear and anxiety. In real, I have not seen anything myself or heard but it is just thought being played over and over again in my mind. I pray, read Quran, do loads of dua etc. What should I do to overcome this please?
..just go outside, you should easily spot what it is by the behaviour of things around you. Take someone else with you.. see if they notice anything.

I have a similar problem.. unfortunately I'm followed everywhere. Seems all the jinn are attached to people.

I'm constantly having people walking right at me, have to keep moving out of the way or end up looking like a lunatic.

Mischief makers.

The worst thing is if you do anything, they would say you were the aggressor and end up doing the same to you.

A ruined life.

Physicist
05-13-2019, 05:12 PM
I would advise opposite thing: to face this paranoya. To seat alone and observe these feelings, to investigate what causes it.
Fear has power in the darkness of subconscious. For example, fear of altitude makes one to avoid heights, doesn't matter if it's safe or not. One just avoids thinking about the source of the fear.
So, it is necessary to turn fear into caution. To think about what may happen and how is the best way to react on it.
Fear of unseen is more difficult to face. But it is enough to believe that if you do everything right, Allah will protect you. But if anyway something which you can't prevent will happen, that's InshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al_Ghazali
05-21-2019, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Urooj
Salam,

You're never alone, as Allah and two angels are always with you. Allah is the Source of Everything, so what is there to fear?

SintoDinto
05-21-2019, 09:43 PM
Have you considered that you may have some sort of trauma, and possibly borderline personality disorder? fear of abandonment ties very much in line with borderline personality disorder, which ties in with trauma in childhood, adolescence, etc. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topi...er/index.shtml

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20370237

I would suggest seeing a clinical psychologist who is understanding of the fact you are Muslim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.