/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do people change?

Studentofdeed
05-18-2019, 07:28 AM
When people harm others or do it intentionally like they enjoy it or like doing it. Or dictator who enjoys commiting genocide...do they ever regret their actions in life? Are they possible to change their ways? Just wanted to hear your guys thoughts and opinions...I am taking about people who are full aware of their actions. Not ignorant but people with knowledge of what they are doing but they do not care

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al_Ghazali
05-21-2019, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
When people harm others or do it intentionally like they enjoy it or like doing it. Or dictator who enjoys commiting genocide...do they ever regret their actions in life? Are they possible to change their ways? Just wanted to hear your guys thoughts and opinions...I am taking about people who are full aware of their actions. Not ignorant but people with knowledge of what they are doing but they do not care
Well if they don't care, why would they have any regrets?

Aisha
05-21-2019, 01:40 PM
I believe people can change their habits, but not their character. If they’re taking pleasure in inflicting pain and don’t have any remorse then they’re pretty psychotic.. One of the traits of psychopaths is their lack of empathy. If they don’t see an issue with their actions, why would they change?
Can empathy be learnt? Hmmm.

keiv
05-21-2019, 03:31 PM
Speaking through my own experience, people's character can change. I'm certainly not the same person I was 5 years ago in terms of habits, mentality, and overall character. I believe there are many things that can factor into that, whether it be some kind of life changing event, or something else.

I also think people can learn to be empathetic. Take a poor person for example. If we see someone on tv from a different country that's begging for food or standing in a long line top get a small amount of water to drink, I'd say most people watching that can't relate, but might sympathize with them. In the situation for those who aren't deprived of food or water but deliberately put themselves in that situation for the sake of understanding the struggle, they can learn to be empathetic towards those who live in that type of environment. I think Ramadan is a good example of Muslims learning to be empathetic towards those who are less fortunate. Anyone with a mental disability will be in a different category in regards to being able to adapt or learn something, but I think for the general public, people can learn to be empathetic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Studentofdeed
05-21-2019, 06:13 PM
I see...I was just thinking. Thank you guys for your input

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.