/* */

PDA

View Full Version : women wearing scent

kinda halal sis
05-18-2019, 05:42 PM
as-salamu ‘alaykum,
i have heard that it’s haram for women to wear perfume infront of non-mahrams, but what about scented products (deodorant, lotion, shampoo, etc). all of my products are lightly scented except for one, which has a noticeable smell when someone gets close to me. can i use it?
jazakum allahu khayran.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
05-18-2019, 07:29 PM
Here are some ahadith on the topic, late at night (people are more likely to be turned on) in public gatherings is especially forbidden.

(I've added other ahadith for those who will to reflect upon consequences of being seduced by the scintillating kafir media machine).

It was narrated from 'Aishah that:
Asma asked the Messenger of Allah about bathing after ones's period. He said: "One of you should take her water and lote leaves, and purify herself well, or thoroughly. Then she should pour water over her head and rub it vigorously so that the water reaches the roots of her hair. Then she should take a piece of cotton perfumed with musk and purify herself with it." Asma said: "How should I purify myself with it?" He said: "Subhan Allah! Purify yourself with it!" 'Aishah said, as if whispering to her: "Wipe away the traces of blood with it." Then she (Asma) asked him about bathing to cleanse oneself from sexual impurity. He said: "One of you should take her water, and purify herself, and purify herself well, or thoroughly. She should pour water over her head and rub it so that the water reaches the roots of her hair, then she should pour water over her body." 'Aishah said: "How good were the women of the Ansar! For they did not let shyness keep them from understanding their religion properly."

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ مُهَاجِرٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ صَفِيَّةَ، تُحَدِّثُ عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّ أَسْمَاءَ، سَأَلَتْ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ عَنِ الْغُسْلِ مِنَ الْمَحِيضِ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ تَأْخُذُ إِحْدَاكُنَّ مَاءَهَا وَسِدْرَهَا فَتَطْهُرُ فَتُحْسِنُ الطُّهُورَ أَوْ تَبْلُغُ فِي الطُّهُورِ ثُمَّ تَصُبُّ عَلَى رَأْسِهَا فَتَدْلُكُهُ دَلْكًا شَدِيدًا حَتَّى تَبْلُغَ شُئُونَ رَأْسِهَا ثُمَّ تَصُبُّ عَلَيْهَا الْمَاءَ ثُمَّ تَأْخُذُ فِرْصَةً مُمَسَّكَةً فَتَطْهُرُ بِهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَتْ أَسْمَاءُ كَيْفَ أَتَطَهَّرُ بِهَا قَالَ ‏"‏ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ تَطَهَّرِي بِهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَتْ عَائِشَةُ - كَأَنَّهَا تُخْفِي ذَلِكَ - تَتَبَّعِي بِهَا أَثَرَ الدَّمِ ‏.‏ قَالَتْ وَسَأَلَتْهُ عَنِ الْغُسْلِ مِنَ الْجَنَابَةِ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ تَأْخُذُ إِحْدَاكُنَّ مَاءَهَا فَتَطْهُرُ فَتُحْسِنُ الطُّهُورَ أَوْ تَبْلُغُ فِي الطُّهُورِ حَتَّى تَصُبَّ الْمَاءَ عَلَى رَأْسِهَا فَتَدْلُكُهُ حَتَّى تَبْلُغَ شُئُونَ رَأْسِهَا ثُمَّ تُفِيضُ الْمَاءَ عَلَى جَسَدِهَا ‏.‏ فَقَالَتْ عَائِشَةُ نِعْمَ النِّسَاءُ نِسَاءُ الأَنْصَارِ لَمْ يَمْنَعْهُنَّ الْحَيَاءُ أَنْ يَتَفَقَّهْنَ فِي الدِّينِ ‏.‏

Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)
English reference : Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 641
Arabic reference : Book 1, Hadith 685

It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said:
"The Messenger of Allah [SAW] said: 'The perfume for men is that whose scent is apparent while its color is hidden, and the perfume for women is that whose color is apparent, while its scent is hidden.'"

أَخْبَرَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو دَاوُدَ، - يَعْنِي الْحَفَرِيَّ - عَنْ سُفْيَانَ، عَنِ الْجُرَيْرِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِي نَضْرَةَ، عَنْ رَجُلٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ طِيبُ الرِّجَالِ مَا ظَهَرَ رِيحُهُ وَخَفِيَ لَوْنُهُ وَطِيبُ النِّسَاءِ مَا ظَهَرَ لَوْنُهُ وَخَفِيَ رِيحُهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Grade : Da'if (Darussalam)

Narrated Imran ibn Husayn:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: I do not ride on purple, or wear a garment dyed with saffron, or wear shirt hemmed with silk. Pointing to the collar of his shirt al-Hasan (al-Basri) said: The perfume used by men should have an odour but no colour, and the perfume used by women should have a colour but no (obvious) odour.
Sa'id said: I think he said: They interpreted his tradition about perfume used by women as applying when she comes out. But when she is with her husband, she may use any perfume she wishes.

حَدَّثَنَا مَخْلَدُ بْنُ خَالِدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا رَوْحٌ، حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدُ بْنُ أَبِي عَرُوبَةَ، عَنْ قَتَادَةَ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، عَنْ عِمْرَانَ بْنِ حُصَيْنٍ، أَنَّ نَبِيَّ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ لاَ أَرْكَبُ الأُرْجُوَانَ وَلاَ أَلْبَسُ الْمُعَصْفَرَ وَلاَ أَلْبَسُ الْقَمِيصَ الْمُكَفَّفَ بِالْحَرِيرِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ وَأَوْمَأَ الْحَسَنُ إِلَى جَيْبِ قَمِيصِهِ ‏.‏ قَالَ وَقَالَ ‏"‏ أَلاَ وَطِيبُ الرِّجَالِ رِيحٌ لاَ لَوْنَ لَهُ أَلاَ وَطِيبُ النِّسَاءِ لَوْنٌ لاَ رِيحَ لَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ سَعِيدٌ أُرَاهُ قَالَ إِنَّمَا حَمَلُوا قَوْلَهُ فِي طِيبِ النِّسَاءِ عَلَى أَنَّهَا إِذَا خَرَجَتْ فَأَمَّا إِذَا كَانَتْ عِنْدَ زَوْجِهَا فَلْتَطَّيَّبْ بِمَا شَاءَتْ ‏.‏

Grade : Sahih (Al-Albani) صحيح (الألباني) حكم :
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 4048
In-book reference : Book 34, Hadith 29
English translation : Book 33, Hadith 4037
Report Error | Share
Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 5117
In-book reference : Book 48, Hadith 78
English translation : Vol. 6, Book 48, Hadith 5120
Report Error | Share

It was narrated (through two chains) from 'Abdur-Rahman bin Abi Sa'eed, from his father, that:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Ghusl and using siwak on Fridays are obligatory for everyone who has reached the age of puberty, and he should put on whatever he can find of perfume." Except that Bukair (one of the narrators in one chain) did not mention 'Abdur-Rahman, and about the perfume he said: "Even if it is women's perfume."

أَخْبَرَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ سَلَمَةَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ الْحَارِثِ، أَنَّ سَعِيدَ بْنَ أَبِي هِلاَلٍ، وَبُكَيْرَ بْنَ الأَشَجِّ، حَدَّثَاهُ عَنْ أَبِي بَكْرِ بْنِ الْمُنْكَدِرِ، عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ سُلَيْمٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ الْغُسْلُ يَوْمَ الْجُمُعَةِ وَاجِبٌ عَلَى كُلِّ مُحْتَلِمٍ وَالسِّوَاكُ وَيَمَسُّ مِنَ الطِّيبِ مَا قَدَرَ عَلَيْهِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ إِلاَّ أَنَّ بُكَيْرًا لَمْ يَذْكُرْ عَبْدَ الرَّحْمَنِ وَقَالَ فِي الطِّيبِ ‏"‏ وَلَوْ مِنْ طِيبِ الْمَرْأَةِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Sunnah.com reference : Book 14, Hadith 12
English reference : Vol. 2, Book 14, Hadith 1376
Arabic reference : Book 14, Hadith 1386
Report Error | Share

Zainab Thaqafiya reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: When any one of you (women) participates in the 'Isha' prayer, she should not perfume herself that night.

حَدَّثَنَا هَارُونُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ الأَيْلِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي مَخْرَمَةُ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ بُسْرِ بْنِ سَعِيدٍ، أَنَّ زَيْنَبَ الثَّقَفِيَّةَ، كَانَتْ تُحَدِّثُ عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَنَّهُ قَالَ ‏ "‏ إِذَا شَهِدَتْ إِحْدَاكُنَّ الْعِشَاءَ فَلاَ تَطَيَّبْ تِلْكَ اللَّيْلَةَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 443 a
In-book reference : Book 4, Hadith 158
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 4, Hadith 892
(deprecated numbering scheme)
Report Error | Share

It was narrated that Zainab, the wife of 'Abdullah, said:
"The Messenger of Allah [SAW] said: 'If one of you (women) wants to attend 'Isha' (prayer). Let her not touch any perfume.'"

أَخْبَرَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، قَالَ أَنْبَأَنَا جَرِيرٌ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَجْلاَنَ، عَنْ بُكَيْرٍ، ح وَأَنْبَأَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، عَنِ ابْنِ عَجْلاَنَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي بُكَيْرُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الأَشَجِّ، عَنْ بُسْرِ بْنِ سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ زَيْنَبَ، امْرَأَةِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ قَالَتْ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ إِذَا شَهِدَتْ إِحْدَاكُنَّ الْعِشَاءَ فَلاَ تَمَسَّ طِيبًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 5260
In-book reference : Book 48, Hadith 221
English translation : Vol. 6, Book 48, Hadith 5262
Report Error | Share

Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard from Busr ibn Said that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "None of you women should use perfume when you are present at the isha prayer."

وَحَدَّثَنِي عَنْ مَالِكٍ، أَنَّهُ بَلَغَهُ عَنْ بُسْرِ بْنِ سَعِيدٍ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ إِذَا شَهِدَتْ إِحْدَاكُنَّ صَلاَةَ الْعِشَاءِ فَلاَ تَمَسَّنَّ طِيبًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 14, Hadith 13
Arabic reference : Book 14, Hadith 470
Report Error | Share

Maimun bin Mihram said “I came to Medina and went to Sa’id bin Al Musayyab”. I said (to him) Fathimah daughter of Qais was divorced and she shifted from her house. Sa’id said “This woman has perverted people. She was arrogant so she was placed with Ibn Umm Makhtum, the blind.”

حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ يُونُسَ، حَدَّثَنَا زُهَيْرٌ، حَدَّثَنَا جَعْفَرُ بْنُ بُرْقَانَ، حَدَّثَنَا مَيْمُونُ بْنُ مِهْرَانَ، قَالَ قَدِمْتُ الْمَدِينَةَ فَدُفِعْتُ إِلَى سَعِيدِ بْنِ الْمُسَيَّبِ فَقُلْتُ فَاطِمَةُ بِنْتُ قَيْسٍ طُلِّقَتْ فَخَرَجَتْ مِنْ بَيْتِهَا فَقَالَ سَعِيدٌ تِلْكَ امْرَأَةٌ فَتَنَتِ النَّاسَ إِنَّهَا كَانَتْ لَسِنَةً فَوُضِعَتْ عَلَى يَدَىِ ابْنِ أُمِّ مَكْتُومٍ الأَعْمَى ‏.‏

Grade : Sahih Maqtu' (Al-Albani) صحيح مقطوع (الألباني) حكم :
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 2296
In-book reference : Book 13, Hadith 122
English translation : Book 12, Hadith 2289

(6)Chapter: The woman who has been irrevocably divorced is not entitled to spending(6) باب الْمُطَلَّقَةُ ثَلاَثًا لاَ نَفَقَةَ لَهَا ‏‏
Sha'bi reported:
I visited Fatima bint Qais and asked her about the verdict of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) about (board and lodging during the 'Idda) and she said that her husband divorced her with an irrevocable divorce. She (further. said): I contended with him before Allah's Messerger (ﷺ) about lodging and maintenance allowance, and she said: He did not provide me with any lodging or maintenance allowance, and he commanded me to spend the 'Idda in the house of Ibn Umm Maktum.

حَدَّثَنِي زُهَيْرُ بْنُ حَرْبٍ، حَدَّثَنَا هُشَيْمٌ، أَخْبَرَنَا سَيَّارٌ، وَحُصَيْنٌ، وَمُغِيرَةُ، وَأَشْعَثُ، وَمُجَالِدٌ وَإِسْمَاعِيلُ بْنُ أَبِي خَالِدٍ وَدَاوُدُ كُلُّهُمْ عَنِ الشَّعْبِيِّ، قَالَ دَخَلْتُ عَلَى فَاطِمَةَ بِنْتِ قَيْسٍ فَسَأَلْتُهَا عَنْ قَضَاءِ، رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَلَيْهَا فَقَالَتْ طَلَّقَهَا زَوْجُهَا الْبَتَّةَ ‏.‏ فَقَالَتْ فَخَاصَمْتُهُ إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فِي السُّكْنَى وَالنَّفَقَةِ - قَالَتْ - فَلَمْ يَجْعَلْ لِي سُكْنَى وَلاَ نَفَقَةً وَأَمَرَنِي أَنْ أَعْتَدَّ فِي بَيْتِ ابْنِ أُمِّ مَكْتُومٍ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 1480 i
In-book reference : Book 18, Hadith 53
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 9, Hadith 3519

Narrated Qasim bin Muhammad and Sulaiman bin Yasar:
that Yahya bin Sa`id bin Al-`As divorced the daughter of `Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Hakarn. `Abdur- Rahman took her to his house. On that `Aisha sent a message to Marwan bin Al-Hakam who was the ruler of Medina, saying, "Fear Allah, and urge your brother) to return her to her house." Marwan (in Sulaiman's version) said, "Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Hakam did not obey me (or had a convincing argument)." (In Al-Qasim's versions Marwan said, "Have you not heard of the case of Fatima bint Qais?" Aisha said, "The case of Fatima bint Qais is not in your favor.' Marwan bin Al-Hakam said to `Aisha, "The reason that made Fatima bint Qais go to her father's house is just applicable to the daughter of `Abdur-Rahman."

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ، حَدَّثَنَا مَالِكٌ، عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ سَعِيدٍ، عَنِ الْقَاسِمِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَهُ يَذْكُرُ، أَنَّ يَحْيَى بْنَ سَعِيدِ بْنِ الْعَاصِ، طَلَّقَ بِنْتَ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ الْحَكَمِ، فَانْتَقَلَهَا عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ، فَأَرْسَلَتْ عَائِشَةُ أُمُّ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ إِلَى مَرْوَانَ وَهْوَ أَمِيرُ الْمَدِينَةِ اتَّقِ اللَّهَ وَارْدُدْهَا إِلَى بَيْتِهَا‏.‏ قَالَ مَرْوَانُ فِي حَدِيثِ سُلَيْمَانَ إِنَّ عَبْدَ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنَ الْحَكَمِ غَلَبَنِي‏.‏ وَقَالَ الْقَاسِمُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ أَوَمَا بَلَغَكِ شَأْنُ فَاطِمَةَ بِنْتِ قَيْسٍ قَالَتْ لاَ يَضُرُّكَ أَنْ لاَ تَذْكُرَ حَدِيثَ فَاطِمَةَ‏.‏ فَقَالَ مَرْوَانُ بْنُ الْحَكَمِ إِنْ كَانَ بِكِ شَرٌّ فَحَسْبُكِ مَا بَيْنَ هَذَيْنِ مِنَ الشَّرِّ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 5321, 5322
In-book reference : Book 68, Hadith 70
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 7, Book 63, Hadith 242
Report Error | Share

Every other city we go, every other vi-de-oooo, no matter where i go, i see the sa-ame ..... (WINK)

It was narrated that Ibn 'Abbas said:
"Mention of Li'an was made in the presence of the Messenger of Allah and 'Asim bin 'Adiyy said something about that, then he went away. A man from among his people came to him, complaining that he had found a man with his wife. 'Asim said: 'I was only put to this test because of what I said.' He took him to the Messenger of Allah and told him of the situation in which he found his wife. That man was pale and slim with straight hair, and the one whom he claimed to have found with his wife was dark and well-built. The Messenger of Allah said: 'O Allah, make it clear to me.' Then she gave birth to a child who resembled the one whom her husband said he had found with her. So the Messenger of Allah conducted the procedure of Li'an between them." A man in the gathering said to Ibn 'Abbas: "Was she the one of whom the Messenger of Allah said: 'If I were to have stoned anyone without evidence I would have stoned this one?'" Ibn 'Abbas said: "No, that was a woman who used to do mischief even after becoming Muslim."

أَخْبَرَنَا عِيسَى بْنُ حَمَّادٍ، قَالَ أَنْبَأَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ الْقَاسِمِ، عَنِ الْقَاسِمِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، أَنَّهُ قَالَ ذُكِرَ التَّلاَعُنُ عِنْدَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ عَاصِمُ بْنُ عَدِيٍّ فِي ذَلِكَ قَوْلاً ثُمَّ انْصَرَفَ فَأَتَاهُ رَجُلٌ مِنْ قَوْمِهِ يَشْكُو إِلَيْهِ أَنَّهُ وَجَدَ مَعَ امْرَأَتِهِ رَجُلاً قَالَ عَاصِمٌ مَا ابْتُلِيتُ بِهَذَا إِلاَّ بِقَوْلِي فَذَهَبَ بِهِ إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَأَخْبَرَهُ بِالَّذِي وَجَدَ عَلَيْهِ امْرَأَتَهُ وَكَانَ ذَلِكَ الرَّجُلُ مُصْفَرًّا قَلِيلَ اللَّحْمِ سَبِطَ الشَّعَرِ وَكَانَ الَّذِي ادَّعَى عَلَيْهِ أَنَّهُ وَجَدَهُ عِنْدَ أَهْلِهِ آدَمَ خَدْلاً كَثِيرَ اللَّحْمِ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ بَيِّنْ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَوَضَعَتْ شَبِيهًا بِالرَّجُلِ الَّذِي ذَكَرَ زَوْجُهَا أَنَّهُ وَجَدَهُ عِنْدَهَا فَلاَعَنَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بَيْنَهُمَا ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَجُلٌ لاِبْنِ عَبَّاسٍ فِي الْمَجْلِسِ أَهِيَ الَّتِي قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ لَوْ رَجَمْتُ أَحَدًا بِغَيْرِ بَيِّنَةٍ رَجَمْتُ هَذِهِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ عَبَّاسٍ لاَ تِلْكَ امْرَأَةٌ كَانَتْ تُظْهِرُ فِي الإِسْلاَمِ الشَّرَّ ‏.‏

Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 3470
In-book reference : Book 27, Hadith 82
English translation : Vol. 4, Book 27, Hadith 3500
Report Error | Share

Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) reported:
Mention was made of li'an in the presence of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ). And Asim b. 'Adi passed a remark about it and then turned away, and a man of his tribe came to him complaining that he had found a man with his wife, whereupon 'Asim said: I have been taken by my words. He took him to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and told him about the man whom he had found with his wife and this man was a lean, yellow-coloured man with lank hair, and the person who was accused of committing adultery with her (his wife) had fleshy shanks, with wheat complexion and heavy bulk. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: O Allah, make (this case) manifest. And as she gave birth to a child, whose face resembled that person about whom her husband had made mention that he had found her with, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be, upon him) had asked them to invoke curses. A person said to Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with him): Is she (that woman) about whom Allah's Messenger (may peace be upen him) (said):" If I were to stone anybody without evidence, I would have stoned her"? Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) said: No, it is not she. That woman was one who openly spread evil in society.

وَحَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ رُمْحِ بْنِ الْمُهَاجِرِ، وَعِيسَى بْنُ حَمَّادٍ الْمِصْرِيَّانِ، - وَاللَّفْظُ لاِبْنِ رُمْحٍ - قَالاَ أَخْبَرَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ الْقَاسِمِ، عَنِ الْقَاسِمِ، بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، أَنَّهُ قَالَ ذُكِرَ التَّلاَعُنُ عِنْدَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ عَاصِمُ بْنُ عَدِيٍّ فِي ذَلِكَ قَوْلاً ثُمَّ انْصَرَفَ فَأَتَاهُ رَجُلٌ مِنْ قَوْمِهِ يَشْكُو إِلَيْهِ أَنَّهُ وَجَدَ مَعَ أَهْلِهِ رَجُلاً ‏.‏ فَقَالَ عَاصِمٌ مَا ابْتُلِيتُ بِهَذَا إِلاَّ لِقَوْلِي فَذَهَبَ بِهِ إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَأَخْبَرَهُ بِالَّذِي وَجَدَ عَلَيْهِ امْرَأَتَهُ وَكَانَ ذَلِكَ الرَّجُلُ مُصْفَرًّا قَلِيلَ اللَّحْمِ سَبِطَ الشَّعَرِ وَكَانَ الَّذِي ادَّعَى عَلَيْهِ أَنَّهُ وَجَدَ عِنْدَ أَهْلِهِ خَدْلاً آدَمَ كَثِيرَ اللَّحْمِ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ بَيِّنْ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَوَضَعَتْ شَبِيهًا بِالرَّجُلِ الَّذِي ذَكَرَ زَوْجُهَا أَنَّهُ وَجَدَهُ عِنْدَهَا فَلاَعَنَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بَيْنَهُمَا فَقَالَ رَجُلٌ لاِبْنِ عَبَّاسٍ فِي الْمَجْلِسِ أَهِيَ الَّتِي قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ لَوْ رَجَمْتُ أَحَدًا بِغَيْرِ بَيِّنَةٍ رَجَمْتُ هَذِهِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ ابْنُ عَبَّاسٍ لاَ تِلْكَ امْرَأَةٌ كَانَتْ تُظْهِرُ فِي الإِسْلاَمِ السُّوءَ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 1497 a
In-book reference : Book 19, Hadith 16
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 9, Hadith 3567
Report Error | Share

Saira Khan
05-18-2019, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Here are some ahadith on the topic, late at night (people are more likely to be turned on) in public gatherings is especially forbidden.

(I've added other ahadith for those who will to reflect upon consequences of being seduced by the scintillating kafir media machine).
JazakAllah for your detailed answer. It will be quite nice of you if you could write the end result or final short answet like fatawa along with ahadiths mubarika, because it is usually very difficult for general public to extract exact meanings from ahadiths according to different situations. Members ask questions to get and understand the specific issue from the people of knowledge like you. May Allah SWT increase you in your knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by kinda halal sis
as-salamu ‘alaykum,
i have heard that it’s haram for women to wear perfume infront of non-mahrams, but what about scented products (deodorant, lotion, shampoo, etc). all of my products are lightly scented except for one, which has a noticeable smell when someone gets close to me. can i use it?
jazakum allahu khayran.
السلام علیکم

Dear sister I have found this fatawa from Dar-Alifta.

The religion of Islam urges all Muslims to observe good personal hygiene through using all available, lawful means. Scented soaps, perfumes, body-care products and the like are recommended for meeting this purpose.
Wearing perfume is among the commendable things in Islam since having a pleasant fragrance is praised. It is permissible for a Muslim woman to wear whatever kinds of pleasant perfumes she wishes whether in public, at home for personal adornment or to please her husband. However, it is prohibited for a woman to wear strong fragrances on purpose when she goes out to public places. Strong perfume is mentioned in the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him): "… people smell her perfume." This means purposefully wearing strong perfume with an unlawful intention, i.e. to attract men.
The ruling:
Based on this, a woman should refrain from wearing strong perfumes when she goes out and mixes with non-mahram men (i.e. men allowed to marry her).

Abz2000
05-18-2019, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan
JazakAllah for your detailed answer. It will be quite nice of you if you could write the end result or final short answet like fatawa along with ahadiths mubarika, because it is usually very difficult for general public to extract exact meanings from ahadiths according to different situations. Members ask questions to get and understand the specific issue from the people of knowledge like you. May Allah SWT increase you in your knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

السلام علیکم

Dear sister I have found this fatawa from Dar-Alifta.

The religion of Islam urges all Muslims to observe good personal hygiene through using all available, lawful means. Scented soaps, perfumes, body-care products and the like are recommended for meeting this purpose.
Wearing perfume is among the commendable things in Islam since having a pleasant fragrance is praised. It is permissible for a Muslim woman to wear whatever kinds of pleasant perfumes she wishes whether in public, at home for personal adornment or to please her husband. However, it is prohibited for a woman to wear strong fragrances on purpose when she goes out to public places. Strong perfume is mentioned in the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him): "… people smell her perfume." This means purposefully wearing strong perfume with an unlawful intention, i.e. to attract men.
The ruling:
Based on this, a woman should refrain from wearing strong perfumes when she goes out and mixes with non-mahram men (i.e. men allowed to marry her).

:jz: for the dua ukhti, though i'm no angel or of the highly pious types as i may appear to some here - may Allah :swt: make me better than what people think of me.

A quick correction:
Non-Mahram men are not only the men who are allowed to marry a lady, since the husband is a mahram.
They are simply the ones who are not mahram - and one category of mahram are the closest male family circle who can act as legal guardians (if trustworthy and of age to defend) amongst strangers (some of whom are mentioned in Quraņ 4:23 - re-interpret vice versa for women, and especially those found in the first part of Chapter 24:31).
The word arham, haram, mahram etc are related to womb, inner circle, sacred precinct, boundaries, limits, protected, lawful guardian....

And Allah :swt: knows best.

An-Nur 24:31

وَقُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنَٰتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَٰرِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَاۖ وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَىٰ جُيُوبِهِنَّۖ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ ءَابَآئِهِنَّ أَوْ ءَابَآءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَآئِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَآءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ إِخْوَٰنِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِىٓ إِخْوَٰنِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِىٓ أَخَوَٰتِهِنَّ أَوْ نِسَآئِهِنَّ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَٰنُهُنَّ أَوِ ٱلتَّٰبِعِينَ غَيْرِ أُو۟لِى ٱلْإِرْبَةِ مِنَ ٱلرِّجَالِ أَوِ ٱلطِّفْلِ ٱلَّذِينَ لَمْ يَظْهَرُوا۟ عَلَىٰ عَوْرَٰتِ ٱلنِّسَآءِۖ وَلَا يَضْرِبْنَ بِأَرْجُلِهِنَّ لِيُعْلَمَ مَا يُخْفِينَ مِن زِينَتِهِنَّۚ وَتُوبُوٓا۟ إِلَى ٱللَّهِ جَمِيعًا أَيُّهَ ٱلْمُؤْمِنُونَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.

get Quran App:https://goo.gl/w6rESk

Here's one of those conversion brain teasers

An-Nisa' 4:23

حُرِّمَتْ عَلَيْكُمْ أُمَّهَٰتُكُمْ وَبَنَاتُكُمْ وَأَخَوَٰتُكُمْ وَعَمَّٰتُكُمْ وَخَٰلَٰتُكُمْ وَبَنَاتُ ٱلْأَخِ وَبَنَاتُ ٱلْأُخْتِ وَأُمَّهَٰتُكُمُ ٱلَّٰتِىٓ أَرْضَعْنَكُمْ وَأَخَوَٰتُكُم مِّنَ ٱلرَّضَٰعَةِ وَأُمَّهَٰتُ نِسَآئِكُمْ وَرَبَٰٓئِبُكُمُ ٱلَّٰتِى فِى حُجُورِكُم مِّن نِّسَآئِكُمُ ٱلَّٰتِى دَخَلْتُم بِهِنَّ فَإِن لَّمْ تَكُونُوا۟ دَخَلْتُم بِهِنَّ فَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ وَحَلَٰٓئِلُ أَبْنَآئِكُمُ ٱلَّذِينَ مِنْ أَصْلَٰبِكُمْ وَأَن تَجْمَعُوا۟ بَيْنَ ٱلْأُخْتَيْنِ إِلَّا مَا قَدْ سَلَفَۗ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ كَانَ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا

Prohibited to you (For marriage) are:- Your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, Mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (Who gave you suck), foster-sisters; your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom ye have gone in,- no prohibition if ye have not gone in;- (Those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful;-

An-Nisa' 4:22

وَلَا تَنكِحُوا۟ مَا نَكَحَ ءَابَآؤُكُم مِّنَ ٱلنِّسَآءِ إِلَّا مَا قَدْ سَلَفَۚ إِنَّهُۥ كَانَ فَٰحِشَةً وَمَقْتًا وَسَآءَ سَبِيلًا

And marry not women whom your fathers married,- except what is past: It was shameful and odious,- an abominable custom indeed.

An-Nur 24:60

وَٱلْقَوَٰعِدُ مِنَ ٱلنِّسَآءِ ٱلَّٰتِى لَا يَرْجُونَ نِكَاحًا فَلَيْسَ عَلَيْهِنَّ جُنَاحٌ أَن يَضَعْنَ ثِيَابَهُنَّ غَيْرَ مُتَبَرِّجَٰتٍۭ بِزِينَةٍۖ وَأَن يَسْتَعْفِفْنَ خَيْرٌ لَّهُنَّۗ وَٱللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

Such elderly women as are past the prospect of marriage,- there is no blame on them if they lay aside their (outer) garments, provided they make not a wanton display of their beauty: but it is best for them to be modest: and Allah is One Who sees and knows all things.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
05-20-2019, 02:29 PM
A warning from unnecessary fitnah:

https://vimeo.com/302876966

BhavinKumar
03-19-2020, 07:32 AM
The most famous and popular perfume is Ahsan Fragrances
A natural perfume oil derived from sources like flowers, herbs and spices. Attars are usually very strong and are dabbed directly on the skin generally at the pulse points. Ahsan Attars are available in Roll-On versions all across the world.
Follow this link for more info > Ahsan Fragrances

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.