/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I bury my pet

AD-GTH
05-19-2019, 12:54 PM
Hello,

My dog of 14 years passed away on Friday after surgery. I am extremely depressed. I am also really confused and upset because I dont know what to do with his body. The burial ground is far from us, so we are thinking of having him cremated, so we can spread his ashes in the park and create a memorial by a tree since we visit the park often.

I understand in Islam its haram to cremate but the idea of letting his body decompose in a box is disturbing to me. I just dont want to do the wrong thing and cause his soul suffering, if that happens.

Im so confused, I have no idea what happens after death and obviously no one really knows but I just want to dignify him and lay his body to rest. I dont know what to do. I prayed so hard for his soul to be transitioned smoothly into the afterlife. Some tell me dogs dont have souls in Islam but I dont believe this, my dog changed my life and brought the best out in me, all he did was love.

Is it bad if he is cremated? Does the soul stay next to the body? Is there a connection between the soul and the body's resting place? Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Wingchung39
05-19-2019, 01:34 PM
"All creation will be gathered on Judgment Day including animals. Allah then judges between them (the animals) if any one of them has taken another animal's right such as the goat with a horn who attacks the one without horns then will be treated accordingly (here it does not mention what the punishment is), then finally He will say to them become dust. At that moment the disbeliever will say: 'I wish I could turn into dust'"

:Emoji37:

AD-GTH
05-19-2019, 01:36 PM
But as for burial or cremation, will it affect his soul if i cremate him? If i make it to heaven im going to ask Allah for my dog to be with me

Wingchung39
05-19-2019, 01:40 PM
I really don't think any of those things matters , I do not think that is going to happen either .

:Emoji37:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AD-GTH
05-19-2019, 01:52 PM
"I do not think" - assuming has absolutely no certainty and doesnt really help my situation. This is the thing, i just cant seem to get a direct answer from anyone in Islam regarding this matter. Can anyone else help me?

AD-GTH
05-19-2019, 04:54 PM
Can anyone help me with this question? Its a bit urgent as I want to tell the vet whether hes to be cremated or buried tomorrow morning as hes been sitting in the morgue since Friday and I feel bad for him.

sister herb
05-19-2019, 05:42 PM
Salam alaykum

Your question is not simple as hadiths are talking about human´s soul and human´s burial and you are asking about animal. After the death, the Angel of the death takes the soul of the sons of Adam and animal is not the son of Adam.

Here is something about the soul before the burial:

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2005...e-he-is-buried

The souls of the animals:

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1196...-is-their-fate

AD-GTH
05-19-2019, 07:53 PM
I believe my dog has a soul and I believe as it says in the hadith that their souls will be gathered and judged before Allah just like ours will. I am still praying for his soul and I wish if there is an afterlife that Allah has looked after my dogs soul and that we can be re-united after I pass. I love him so much. He really taught me how to be a better person. He taught me to forgive easily, he taught me what unconditional love really is, he would console me when he would notice i was upset by putting his head on my lap or just being more caring around me, he would enjoy certain foods like me, he would protect me and my house, he put love and joy in my heart. I love him so much and I think dogs are Allah's creation that help teach us a lot about love and life, and dropping negative energies.

Please pray for him if you can.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.