/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Story of the of Blind man, a Bald-headed man and the Leper.

k.ibrahim
05-19-2019, 08:29 PM
Bismillah Ir-Rahman, Ir-Raheem. I begin with ALLAH's auspiciousness,whose Name is the Best among all the names. All Revences, All Sanctities and All Worships are due to ALLAH alone. Ashahadu An Laa illaaha illal llahu
Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan Abdu Hu Wa Rasooluhu
''I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah
who is without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is the Rasool.''
"O Allah, Shower Your Peace come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have brought peace to Ibrahim and his family.
Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. O Allah, Shower your blessing upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious". I am Satisfied with ALLAH as My Rabb and Cherisher, I am Satisfied With Islam as My Din (religion) and I am satisfied with Muhammad as a Rasulallah (Messenger)sallallahu alaihi was salam.(Amin)
Story of the of Blind man, a Bald-headed man and the Leper.
It was narrated that Abu Hurairah, may ALLAH be pleased with him, said: “I heard the Messenger of ALLAH, peace and blessing be upon him, saying, "ALLAH The Almighty willed to test three Israelis who were a Leper, a blind man and a bald-headed man. So, he sent them an angel who came to the leper and said, 'What thing do you like most?' He replied, "Good color and good skin, for the people have a strong aversion to me.' The angel touched him and his illness was cured, and he was given a good color and beautiful skin. The angel asked him, 'What kind of property do you like best?' He replied, 'Camels (or cows).' (The narrator is in doubt, for either the leper or the bald-headed man demanded camels and the other demanded cows.) So he (i.e. the leper) was given a pregnant she-camel, and the angel said (to him), 'May ALLAH bless you in it.'
The angel then went to the bald-headed man and said, 'What thing do you like most?' He said, 'I like good hair and wish to be cured of this disease, for the people feel repulsion for me.' The angel touched him and his illness was cured, and he was given good hair. The angel asked (him), 'What kind of property do you like best' He replied, 'Cows,' The angel gave him a pregnant cow and said, 'May ALLAH bless you in it.' The angel went to the blind man and asked, 'What thing do you like best?' He said, '(I like) that ALLAH The Almighty may restore my eye-sight to me so that I may see the people.' The angel touched his eyes and ALLAH The Almighty gave him back his eye-sight. The angel asked him, "What kind of property do you like best?' He replied, 'Sheep.' The angel gave him a pregnant sheep. Afterwards, all the three pregnant animals gave birth to young ones, and multiplied and brought forth so much that one of the (three) men had a herd of camels filling a valley, and one had a herd of cows filling a valley, and one had a flock of sheep filling a valley. Then the angel, disguised in the shape and appearance of a leper, went to the leper and said, I am a poor man, who has lost all means of livelihood while on a journey. So none will satisfy my need except ALLAH The Almighty and then you. In the Name of Him Who has given you such nice color and beautiful skin, and so much property, I ask you to give me a camel so that I may reach my destination. The man replied, 'I have many obligations (so I cannot give you).' The angel said, 'I think I know you; were you not a leper to whom the people had a strong aversion? Were not you a poor man, and then ALLAH The Almighty gave you (all this property).' He replied, '(This is all wrong), I got this property through inheritance from my fore-fathers' The angel said, 'If you are telling a lie, then let ALLAH The Almighty make you as you were before. ' Then the angel, disguised in the shape and appearance of a bald man, went to the bald man and said to him the same as he told the first one, and he too answered the same as the first one did. The angel said, 'If you are telling a lie, then let ALLAH The Almighty make you as you were before.'

The angel, disguised in the shape of a blind man, went to the blind man and said, 'I am a poor man and a traveler, whose means of livelihood have been exhausted while on a journey. I have nobody to help me except ALLAH The Almighty, and after Him, you yourself. I ask you in the Name of Him Who has given you back your eye-sight to give me a sheep, so that with its help, I may complete my journey' The man said, 'No doubt, I was blind and ALLAH The Almighty gave me back my eye-sight; I was poor and ALLAH The Almighty made me rich; so take anything you wish from my property. By ALLAH The Almighty, I will not stop you for taking anything (you need) of my property which you may take for ALLAH's Sake.' The angel replied, 'Keep your property with you. You (i.e. three men) have been tested and ALLAH The Almighty is pleased with you and is angry with your two companions."

Amongst the lessons drawn from the above-mentioned Hadeeth: 1- Allaah The Almighty tests and tries His worshipers to make evident those who are truthful and those who are liars.
2- Tests can be in lives, wealth, children and the like.
3- Nothing is more beloved for the one who is tested with disease than that his disease dissipates and getting recovered.
4- ALLAH The Almighty is the One Who gives and withholds, makes rich and poor according to His Estimation and Wisdom. Thus, Muslim should put all his trust and attach his heart to ALLAH The Almighty, fearing nothing but Him and hoping for nothing but His Mercy.
5- Tawheed (i.e. Islamic monotheism) and etiquette indicate not to attribute recovering from illness and richness to anyone but to ALLAH The Almighty alone as we see in the Hadeeth (No doubt, I was blind and ALLAH The Almighty gave me back my eye-sight).
6- Ignorant person does not give when he becomes rich. However, the sane person gives in plenty, remembering the statement of the Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him: "Every day two angels come down from Heaven and one of them says, 'O ALLAH! Compensate every person who spends in Your Cause,' and the other (angel) says, 'O ALLAH! Destroy every miser."
7- Some rich people forget their past and the times of their poverty and get angry from those who remind them with such days although this implies good for them i.e. they will remember the Graces of ALLAH The Almighty and thus they may thank Him for them. 8- Whoever thanks and gives poor, ALLAH The Almighty will increase his richness and bless his life for him. Whoever withholds and be miser, he exposes himself to lose the grace and get Wrath of the Rabb who says (what means): {"If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshiping none but ALLAH ), I will give you more (of My Blessings), but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily! My Punishment is indeed severe."} [Quran 14: 7]
9- Generosity and fulfilling the obligatory rights bring graces, dissipate wrath, please the Rabb and vice versa i.e. not fulfilling the obligatory rights brings evil and cause the wrath of your Rabb, As ALLAH The Almighty says (what means): {Behold! You are those who are called to spend in the Cause of ALLAH, yet among you are some who are niggardly. And whoever is niggardly, it is only at the expense of his own self. But ALLAH is Rich (Free of all wants), and you (mankind) are poor. And if you turn away (from Islam and the obedience of ALLAH ), He will exchange you for some other people, and they will not be your likes.} [Quran 47: 38]. 10- The Hadeeth implies that it is permissible to narrate what occurred to the past generations so that those who listen to them may be admonished. This does not imply any backbiting. This is really the secret behind not mentioning their names.
11- The Hadeeth gives a warning against denying the Graces of ALLAH The Almighty and encourages thanking and acknowledging them and praising ALLAH The Almighty for them.
12- The Hadeeth refers to the virtue of spending in charity and urges adopting kindness with the weak people, being generous with them and fulfilling for them their needs.
13- The Hadeeth warns against stinginess because it made the miser to be untruthful and deny the graces of ALLAH The Almighty.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.