/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing shirk and wrong?

Studentofdeed
05-25-2019, 06:59 AM
So there was a sister I was interested and my mom met her but she didnt think she was a good match for me so I didnt pursue it since her family weren't religious. Then people in the mosque has been praising me and sometimes I like it when people praise me so it encourages me to do more good deeds but I'm scared that this may be me showing off and doing shirk. Then some people having been asking my age and general information asking me if I'm married, which could mean they are interested in me marrying their daughter. I met their daughter and said Salam to her here and now but i always was respectful. I feel guitly they are asking me and inquiring about me. I want to get married but cant because my mom wants me to wait until she thinks I'm ready. So please tell me what I am doing wrong or if how I can improve? Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al_Ghazali
05-25-2019, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
So there was a sister I was interested and my mom met her but she didnt think she was a good match for me so I didnt pursue it since her family weren't religious. Then people in the mosque has been praising me and sometimes I like it when people praise me so it encourages me to do more good deeds but I'm scared that this may be me showing off and doing shirk. Then some people having been asking my age and general information asking me if I'm married, which could mean they are interested in me marrying their daughter. I met their daughter and said Salam to her here and now but i always was respectful. I feel guitly they are asking me and inquiring about me. I want to get married but cant because my mom wants me to wait until she thinks I'm ready. So please tell me what I am doing wrong or if how I can improve? Thanks
Clearly, you are conscious about the praises given to you, and are careful to not let it go to your head. So that's good.

There is nothing really to feel guilty about. Clearly you are more concerned with pleasing Allah than having your heart's content in the dunya, so naturally, people run after those who run after Allah.

Know that all praise is to due to Allah and Allah alone. He is the First and the Last. Know that when people praise you, they are really praising Allah; and when you do good; it's really Allah doing good. He is the Good, the Eternal, the Reality.

Ahmed.
05-25-2019, 05:58 PM
If their praises encourages you then that's good as their praises are an affirmation that you're doing good deeds and it's sort of like a 'well done' from Allah as Allah gets them to praise you, and a "well done' from Allah should get us motivated to do more good deeds!

I think if a man offers his daughter to you, you should explain that you'll have to go it alone as your family don't want to get you married yet, and if you can marry on your own then go for it, as that will help you overcome your depression and suicidal tendencies. With the aforementioned problems you have, you need to take action to be happy in life and so sometimes you have to go it alone ...

Studentofdeed
05-25-2019, 06:11 PM
Okay jazakallah khayran brother

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.