/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dua’ in Laylatul Qadr

kinda halal sis
05-25-2019, 01:35 PM
:sl:
I would like to know if all dua’ is accepted in Laylatul Qadr. The last 10 nights of Ramadan starts this night, and I want to make dua’ to stop a specific sin, insha’allah. Is there certainty it will be answered?
jzk.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
05-30-2019, 11:51 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

My sister we should have certainty that Allah will listen to our Dua's as he hears every Dua we make to him. This is especially the case during the times when Dua's are accepted the most like in the last 10 Nights of this blessed months during the latter part of the night.

We must also have hope that our Dua's will be accepted. However we must also realise that sometimes Allah accepts Dua's in other ways that we may not understand right now in that he may open up other doors for us etc. So we must have trust and faith in his wisdom and never lose hope and patience:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) said: “The slave will receive a response so long as his Duaa does not involve sin or severing of family ties, and so long as he is not hasty.”It was said, “What does being hasty mean?” He, Sallallahu alaihi Wa Sallam, said: “When he says, `I made Duaa and I made Duaa, and I have not seen any response,’ he gets frustrated and stops making Duaa.” (Bukahari, 6340; Muslim, 2735)

With regards to our sins then must also do our best to change our condition ourselves as Allah says:

Verily, Allaah will not change the (good) condition of a people as long as they do not change their state (of goodness) themselves (by committing sins and by being ungrateful and disobedient to Allaah)” [al-Ra’d 13:11]

Certainly he will give us many opportunities. But if we fail we must keep asking of him for forgiveness. However if we continue in the wrong path then we may be suddenly seized:

"So, when they forgot (the warning) with which they had been reminded, We opened for them the gates of every (pleasant) thing, until in the midst of their enjoyment in that which they were given, all of a sudden, We took them (in punishment), and lo! They were plunged into destruction with deep regrets and sorrows” [al-An’aam 6:44]

Or it maybe that many of us are given respite until the day of Judgement for our wrongdoings:

“Consider not that Allaah is unaware of that which the Zâlimûn (polytheists, wrongdoers) do, but He gives them respite up to a Day when the eyes will stare in horror”[Ibraaheem 14:42]

So we must seek refuge in Allah for our wrong doings and ask of Allah not to punish us in this world or the next. We must keep striving against our nafs and be in constant repentance as Allah loves repentance. We must never lose hope in the mercy and forgiveness of Allah:

In a beautiful Hadith Qudsi, in which Allah himself says:

"Even if your sins were to reach the clouds in the sky, I would forgive you".[Sunan al-Tirmdhi]

Allah also says:

"Say: O My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (because of sins), do not despair from the mercy of Allah. Verily, Allah forgives all sins. Verily, He is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Al-Qur'an 39:53]

anatolian
05-31-2019, 07:22 PM

MazharShafiq
06-01-2019, 07:05 PM
Allah says in the Qur’an: The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months. The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter. Peace it is until the emergence of dawn. [Qur’an: 97:3-5]

The blessed Laylatul Qadr can be found in any of the last 10 nights of Ramadan, which are the most blessed nights of the year. As such, we should increase our worship and devotion during this period.

Aisha reported: With the start of the last ten days of Ramadan, the Prophet used to tighten his waist belt (i.e. work harder) and used to pray the whole night, and used to keep his family awake for the prayers. [Bukhari]

Abu Hurayrah relates that the Prophet said: “Whoever stands (in the voluntary night prayer of) Ramadan out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven. And whoever spends the night of Lailat Al-Qadr in prayer out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven.” [Sunan an-Nasa’i]

Subhan Allah! Such immense rewards are to be gained during these blessed 10 nights. How can we afford to miss out on them? Who is to say that we will live to see the next Ramadan? We MUST make the best of these 10 nights. If we cannot manage all of the 10 nights, then as many as we can manage, particularly on the odd-numbered nights: 21st, 25th, 27th and 29th.

There is a saying that a person who fails to plan, plans to fail. So I have created a Worship Plan that we can use to maximise these blessed 10 nights of Ramadan. But first, there are a few points to consder:

10 Points to Consider in the Worship Plan

Remain in I’tikaf: The best way of catching the blessed night is to remain in I’tikaf, which both men and women can do. If it is not possible for one to remain in I’tikaf for the whole of the 10 days and nights, then one should try to remain in I’tikaf for as many days and nights possible. It is also possible to make intention of Nawafil I’tikaf each and every time one enters the masjid to gain rewards for the time spent in the masjid.Worship all the 10 nights: Try to worship the whole of the 10 nights or as many days you can manage as that is the best way to catch the unimaginable and incomprehensible rewards of Laylatul Qadr. Each and every good deed from Maghrib until Fajr on Laylatul Qadr is rewarded a minimum of at least 83 years’ of worship. Subhan Allah, that is longer than most of us will live!Best dua of the last 10 nights: اَللَّهُمَّ اِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ ، تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي
Aisha reported: I asked: “O Messenger of Allah! If I realize Lailat-ul-Qadr (Night of Decree), what should I supplicate in it?” He replied, “You should supplicate: Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun, tuhibbul-‘afwa, fa’fu ‘anni (O Allah, You are Most Forgiving, and You love forgiveness; so forgive me).” [At-Tirmidhi].

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
salmanmalik
06-01-2019, 08:26 PM
Ya-Allah please forgive our sins and accept our Fasting during this Holy Month. I'd say this is one of the best post I have seen today so far. Muslim Social Media App!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.