/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Images on display

Sajit Khan
05-25-2019, 08:37 PM
is it written in the Quran that we as Muslims are forbidden to wear clothes that have images of human/animals printed on it? And that we cannot display any photos or anything images on the house walls either ?

If yes, pls also share reference points in the Quran.

regards

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
05-25-2019, 09:40 PM
The Quran is a book from the Creator and Sustainer of the heavens and the earth -which gives many of the firmest guidelines and instructions to getting through life in a way which brings success in this world (if followed collectively), and success in the hereafter (regardless of whoever else follows).

It is a very small book and does not go into details on every topic - such as rulings on eating $hit, glass, dog food, harmful bacteria, chewing on your own arm after roasting it ...etc - God has guided people who use their intellects to the understanding of such matters via proofs within themselves, surroundings, and historical lessons.
He has also been kind enough to provide us with the examples (whether mistakes or successful actions) of His Prophets and their detractors, and the teachings of His Prophets :saws: ,
The messenger who received the final message was Muhammad :saws: and it was his duty to convey that message and do his best to live according to it, and he was assisted with guidance aside from Quranic verses, it is therefore best to study what he taught and to study other available knowledge and follow the best of the guidance so as to lead a good life and arrive at the scales and successfully make it through on the day of judgement.
Every single person will be required to have their accounts evaluated on the day of judgement - even if they lived in the amazon in the 8th century.
It is therefore wise to study well and try to live a life which will bring success -and not failure- on the day when each thought, decision, and deed will be looked into.

The circumstances surrounding the birth of Jesus, the law and ruling of God on the topic, and the testing of peoples hearts for faith, infidelity, and hypocrisy, should be sufficient to come to the conclusion that the law cannot be used -in defiance of true justice- against God, therefore it is better that we bicker less and think more - and to be able to think and calculate, we need to acquire as much truthful data as we can.
We also have a duty to collectively hire trustworthy and sincere officials and scholars endued with wisdom and knowledge to look into, discuss, and if necessary -debate issues -especially issues that affect us collectively, and then legislate in light of Allah :swt: 's guidance, since Quran, Bukhari, Muslim, u.s constitution, abu hanifah etc autopilot doesn't take the blame for our actions.

There are also some discussions on the topic on this forum, please feel free to browse through them using the search field above.

Recommended search terms:
Images, paintings, pictures, idols, identification.

قُلْ يَٰعِبَادِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا۟ عَلَىٰٓ أَنفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا۟ مِن رَّحْمَةِ ٱللَّهِۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ ٱلذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًاۚ إِنَّهُۥ هُوَ ٱلْغَفُورُ ٱلرَّحِيمُ

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

وَأَنِيبُوٓا۟ إِلَىٰ رَبِّكُمْ وَأَسْلِمُوا۟ لَهُۥ مِن قَبْلِ أَن يَأْتِيَكُمُ ٱلْعَذَابُ ثُمَّ لَا تُنصَرُونَ

"Turn ye to our Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will), before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped.

وَٱتَّبِعُوٓا۟ أَحْسَنَ مَآ أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكُم مِّن رَّبِّكُم مِّن قَبْلِ أَن يَأْتِيَكُمُ ٱلْعَذَابُ بَغْتَةً وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَشْعُرُونَ

"And follow the best of (the courses) revealed to you from your Lord, before the Penalty comes on you - of a sudden while ye perceive not!-

أَن تَقُولَ نَفْسٌ يَٰحَسْرَتَىٰ عَلَىٰ مَا فَرَّطتُ فِى جَنۢبِ ٱللَّهِ وَإِن كُنتُ لَمِنَ ٱلسَّٰخِرِينَ

"Lest the soul should (then) say: 'Ah! Woe is me!- In that I neglected (my duty) towards Allah, and was but among those who mocked!'-

أَوْ تَقُولَ لَوْ أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ هَدَىٰنِى لَكُنتُ مِنَ ٱلْمُتَّقِينَ

"Or (lest) it should say: 'If only Allah had guided me, I should certainly have been among the righteous!'-

أَوْ تَقُولَ حِينَ تَرَى ٱلْعَذَابَ لَوْ أَنَّ لِى كَرَّةً فَأَكُونَ مِنَ ٱلْمُحْسِنِينَ

"Or (lest) it should say when it (actually) sees the penalty: 'If only I had another chance, I should certainly be among those who do good!'

Quran, Chapter 39, Verses 53-58

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.