/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need help getting married, there is no one in America

abdullah3125
05-26-2019, 07:33 AM
I was born a muslim and my grandparents before them etc etc throughout the last centuries and I speak a language that is officially dying. My Grandparents fled Communism. I don't have much options here in America. Its hard to just meet someone. I've been looking at these muslim wedding websites and trying to find similar to me. I'm in my 30s and my parents are telling its about time you get married but theres is NO ONE around.

I don't want to fly across world. It feels desperate, creepy, stalkerish.

What do I do? I know I'm not the only one. I'm in a limbo...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
06-01-2019, 10:50 PM
It's not desperate creepy and stalkerish bro, it's just swallowing your pride and being humble. Just go to your native country where you should be able to marry easily

*charisma*
06-02-2019, 01:11 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

format_quote Originally Posted by abdullah3125
I was born a muslim and my grandparents before them etc etc throughout the last centuries and I speak a language that is officially dying. My Grandparents fled Communism. I don't have much options here in America. Its hard to just meet someone. I've been looking at these muslim wedding websites and trying to find similar to me. I'm in my 30s and my parents are telling its about time you get married but theres is NO ONE around.

I don't want to fly across world. It feels desperate, creepy, stalkerish.

What do I do? I know I'm not the only one. I'm in a limbo...
It seems that your family's geographical history is very important to you, and this may be why you are not finding many suitable wives in the US. If this is the case, then I don't see a problem with marrying someone from your home country/ethnicity. There's nothing stalkerish about it. People get married to others around the world every day. Oddly enough, the way you're thinking negatively about it is very westernized/ignorant.

anatolian
06-02-2019, 09:11 AM
Search your destiny and dont make it a stress

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CuriousonTruth
06-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Are you from Central Asia?

Scimitar
06-02-2019, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Search your destiny and dont make it a stress
lol what does that mean?

Dont answer, just make better posts in future

anatolian
06-03-2019, 04:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
lol what does that mean?

Dont answer, just make better posts in future
Sure I wont since anyone can understand what I ment

keiv
06-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Just curious as to what you mean by not being able to find anyone in America. Are you looking for a person with a specific ethnicity or are you just not finding anyone in your area that is suitable? America is a large chunk of land with a lot of Muslims. One thing about finding a spouse overseas (especially if you're from the US), is that you'd have to find someone whose willing to leave their homeland to come move with you. Another thing to think about is that certain people might see interest in you simply for the sake of your US citizenship. The US culture is more spread out these days than ever before, but there are still places that have not been influenced by it so it could also be an issue with the potential spouse trying to adapt here. It could also have the opposite effect where they get too comfortable with the lifestyle here and start changing their ways.

I don't want this to sound negative. I simply wanted to point out things you should think about, if you haven't already.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.