/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dhikr while being nude

SeekingParadise
05-26-2019, 08:10 PM
Salam Aleikum,

sometimes I accidently make dhikr while showering like saying "Subhanallah" when thinking about something nice. I always feel bad afterwards.
Is it a sin to do dhikr while being naked?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
05-26-2019, 10:08 PM
That's how you came out of your mother's womb - but then were guided to wearing clothes and were elevated in status by Allah :swt:

I believe you are referring to tasbeeh (proclamation of Allah's majesty) - dhikr is remembrance.

As long as you don't purposefully get naked with an aim of doing some tasbeeh aloud, i don't see how it could be a problem to keep the wording in the mind - seeing that you are required to try to keep taqwa (mindfulness-consciousness) of Allah :swt: and control your thoughts from drifting into remembrance of shaytaanic scenes and resulting activities.
But please try not to say it out loud if it's a restroom - since you would control your voice when on the nature seat wouldn't you?

Imagine a person bathing in a large non-transparent pond where they''re scrubbing or shaving under water (recommend mach 3 blades for safety) or having intimate relations with their spouse, and they suddenly experience a stunning thunderclap - wouldn't laa hawla walaa quwwata illa bi Allah automatically come out from sheer terror?

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Ahmed.
05-28-2019, 07:40 PM
If I'm naked like in the bath, I do zikr in my mind and not out loud as I fear it may be disrespectful

Dont.know
05-29-2019, 09:08 AM
Lol funny thread

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.