/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Station of Tuma'aneenah (Tranquillity) Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

k.ibrahim
06-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Bismillah Ir-Rahman, Ir-Raheem. I begin with ALLAH's auspiciousness,whose Name is the Best among all the names. All Revences, All Sanctities and All Worships are due to ALLAH alone. Ashahadu An Laa illaaha illal llahu Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan Abdu Hu Wa Rasooluhu ''I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah who is without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is the Rasool.'' "O Allah, Shower Your Peace come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have brought peace to Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. O Allah, Shower your blessing upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious". I am Satisfied with ALLAH as My Rabb and Cherisher, I am Satisfied With Islam as My Din (religion) and I am satisfied with Muhammad as a Rasulallah (Messenger)sallallahu alaihi was salam.(Amin)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Station of Tuma'aneenah (Tranquillity)
Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah
From "Madarij As-Salikeen"
Toma'aneenah is tranquillity. Allah says,
"Those who believe and whose hearts find toma'aneenah in the remembrance
of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find toma'aneenah."
[13:28]
"O you the one with toma'aneenah! Come back to your Rabb, well-pleased and
well-pleasing unto Him! Enter you, then among My honored slaves, and enter
My Paradise." [89:27-30]
Toma'aneenah is the satisfaction of the heart with circumstances without any sense of
anxiety or restlessness. It was mentioned in one narration that: "Truthfulness is a cause
of toma'aneenah and lying is a cause of suspicion and doubt." This suggests that one
who hears the truth will have toma'aneenah and satisfaction within his heart as a result,
whereas lying causes disturbance and doubt within the heart. This meaning is also seen
in the hadeeth which states: "Righteousness is what the heart has toma'aneenah
with." This shows that the heart feels satisfied with truth and has no anxiety or sense of
unease because of it.
There are two opinions regarding the meaning of remembrance of Allah in the
(aforementioned) verse. The first opinion holds that the remembrance is of the servant
to his Rabb. This remembrance causes toma'aneenah to settle within the heart. Should
the heart become anxious or disturbed, then the servant will have no means for
attaining toma'aneenah except through the remembrance of Allah. The second opinion
holds that the meaning of this remembrance is the Qur'an, and this is the more sound. It
is His Remembrance that he revealed to His Messenger. The hearts of the believers will
have toma'aneenah as a result of it. For the heart will not have trust or toma'aneenah
except by faith and certainty. There are no means of attaining faith and certainty except

through the Qur'an. The toma'aneenah of the heart is due to its firm faith. The heart's
anxiety and disturbance are a result of its doubts and uncertainty. The Qur'an is the
means to attain certainty and firmness in faith, and to remove doubts. That is why the
hearts of the believers cannot have tranquillity except through the Qur'an. It is
impossible for anyone who doesn't study the Qur'an, or deeply understand it, to have a
benefit from it and its guidance. The benefit from the Qur'an, will not be sound unless
one's heart perceives the reflections of His Lord's Names and Attributes, in His Laws
within himself and in everything around him within this universe. The same two opinions
are also applied to the meaning for the remembrance of Allah, as stated in the following
verse, "And whosoever turns away from the remembrance of Ar-Rahmaan, We
appoint for him a shaytaan to be an intimate companion to him." [43:36]
Again, the sound opinion here is that Allah's Remembrance is that which He sent to His
Messenger, i.e., His Book. Whoever turns away from this, Allah will appoint a shaytaan
for him, who will misguide and deter him from the straight path although the person
may think that he is righteously guided. The two opinions are also prevalent with the
verse: "But whosoever turns away from My Remembrance, verily for him is a
life of hardship and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection."
[20:124]
The sound opinion is that Allah's Remembrance is His Book that He sent to His
Messenger. This is why the one that turns away from it will say, "O my Rabb! Why
have you raised me up blind while I had sight before?" [20:125] And Allah will
respond by saying, "Like this, Our Aayat came unto you but you disregarded
them, and so this Day you will be neglected." [20:126]
Allah deposits toma'aneenah in the hearts and souls of the believers. He will then grant
the joy, delight and good news of admission into Paradise to those with toma'aneenah.
As a result, for these people there is great happiness and a beautiful place for the final
return. The verse "O you with toma'aneenah! Come back to your Rabb...," indicates
that the soul will not return to Allah unless it is characterized by toma'aneenah. Then it
will return to Him, be from among His honored slaves and be allowed to enter His
Paradise.
Toma'aneenah's final product is tranquillity. At that final stage the heart will have
tranquillity with a sense of sound security. There is a difference between a sense of
sound security and a deceitful sense of security. It is possible that the heart may have a
feeling of satisfaction caused by a deceitful sense of security, but this satisfaction and
peace do not endure. Besides the sound security because of the tranquillity produced by
toma'aneenah, there is an atmosphere of joy and attachment.
Toma'aneenah is something more than tranquillity. It includes knowledge, faith and the
attainment of what is known. The example of this is the toma'aneenah the hearts find
with the Qur'an. When hearts believe in it and attain knowledge of its guidance, it is
sufficient for them. Their total loyalty is to the Qur'an. They rule their lives with it and go
to it when they have a dispute.

Toma'aneenah is extremely beneficial for those overwhelmed by obligations and
responsibilities, especially for those who call others to Allah and struggle against Allah's
enemies. These people face and bear much more than others. They are faced by many
circumstances that may weaken their patience. So if Allah wishes to relieve them of the
heaviness of their obligations, He will have tranquillity descend upon them and
toma'aneenah with His Commands and Decrees. If the servant has toma'aneenah with
Allah's Commands, then he knows that Allah's religion is the truth and that Allah will
certainly support him and be sufficient for him and his family. If the servant has
toma'aneenah with Allah's Decrees then he knows that nothing will reach him except for
what Allah has written for him. This servant knows that whatever Allah wishes will be
and whatever Allah doesn't wish will not be. Therefore there is no reason for worries or
concerns, unless there is weak faith. Nothing will happen unless it is written and if it is
written, nothing can stop it. Therefore, there should be no fear or concern for those with
faith. If an adversity occurs and the believer can do something, then he should do so.
However, if he cannot, then he should not be annoyed or dismayed.
Toma'aneenah is also beneficial for those who are subjected to trials and hardship. There
is no doubt when a person is suffering and has strong faith in the reward for his
patience, then his heart will be content. He will have tranquillity and toma'aneenah. The
adversity may become stronger against him and he may not see the reward. Seeing the
reward may become so powerful that there may be a sense of joy felt from the adversity
and be considered a gift. This is not surprising. Many wise persons upon seeing the
results of distasteful medication may begin to like the taste of the medicine. Observing
its benefit makes one not pay attention to the taste.

it?an audit0&ampreferrerhttps3A2F2Foutlooklivecom2Fmail2FAQMkAD AwATYwMAItZTFkZAAtNWFjMi0wMAItMDAKAC4AAAO839RPw252 F5LRK22iEVqBt252FwAQCpAlraT4sKQLn9R2HdmgsNAAM7GsPy AAAA&ampewqT 3QKtC SsBa0FAAADANYABQEItdXL5wUQiIu6 uDh3s4nGN BwY2708jZQio2CQ4Y3WDQ  s ESy3tBoSd k GQAAAMD1KBZAIRyEb1CxcABAKalNnNzvEAJAMQAAAGBmZvY MIbNdziYAkDDR0gCUMr34ENYu7kTYABotah0eMqTBYABAYoBA1 VTRJIBA1VTRJgBoAGgAdgEqAEBsAEAuAEBwAEFyAEC0AEA2AEA 4AEA8AEA gEIT1ZUMlVTRU6KApMBdWYoJ2EnLCAyNzMzMDk1LCAxNTU5NDI zNjY5KTt1ZignaScsIDk5NDkzNywgMTU1OTQyMzY2OSk7dWYoJ 2cnLCA3MTY0NTg0LCAxNTU5NDIzNjY5KTt1ZignYycsIDI3NTc 4MjczLCAxNTU5NDIzNjY5KTt1ZigncicsIDE0MjA5NzM1NCwgM TU1OTQyMzY2OSk7kgK9BCFhSWwxelFpOHdOZ01FTXIzNEVNWUF DQzd1Uk13QWpnQVFBQkl3MGRRaHMxM1dBQmdfd1JvQUhBQ2VBQ 0FBUWFJQVFDUUFRR1lBUUdnQVFxb0FRcXdBUUM1QVZuWi1DUHV FQUpBd1FGWjJmZ2o3aEFDUU1rQkFBQUFBRVg0NGpfWkFRQUFBQ UFBQVBBXzRBSDUzRHoxQVd5SElFQ0FBZ0NBQWdDSUFycWw3QWF JQXItQTBnYUlBdHFYN3dLSUFyX0d6d2FJQXBlaTFBYUlBcjYtb UFHSUF2dnZrQWlRQWdHUUFnR1FBZ0dRQWdHUUFnR1FBZ0dRQWd HWUFnQ2dBZ1NvQWdDb0FnR29BZ0dvQWdDb0FnQ29BZ0NvQWdDM UFnQUFBQUM5QWdBQUFBREFBZ0xJQWdEUUFnVFlBZ0RnQWdEb0F nRDRBZ0NBQXdHSUF3YUlBd0dZQXdHaUF3NElxT3ktQkJBQ0dBS XRBQUFBQUtJRERnanRxcUFHRUFRWUFTMDM0R0U2b2dNVUNKTEN rUVlRQ2hnQkxTakNGejh5QkdOME9UR2lBdzRJcU95LUJCQUxHQ Ul0QUFBQUFLZ0RvWi1URGJvRENVeEJXREU2TXpnM05PQUQ5UXo 0QV9xcHNnejRBX3Fwc2d6NEFfcXBzZ3o0QV9xcHNnejRBOFhmc lF5QUJPM3RuZ0tJQlB2dG5nS1FCQUdZQkFHcUJCY29FM2dCbUF HQWptWFFBWWJOZF9nQi1SN2dBOGUxQmcuLpoCYSFVQTVTZFFpO HdOZ01FTXIzNEVNWXU3a1RJQUFvQURFQUFBQUFBQUFBQURvSlR FRllNVG96T0RjMFFQVU1TUUFBQUFBQUFQQV9VUUFBQUFBQUFOQ V9XUUFBQUFBQUFBQUGyAiAyNERGNzM3QTUwOUI2QTc3MUJENjd FNUY1MUYyNkJENtgCAeAC8fsi6gKKAWh0dHBzOi8vb3V0bG9va y5saXZlLmNvbS9tYWlsL0FRTWtBREF3QVRZd01BSXRaVEZrWkF BdE5XRmpNaTB3TUFJdE1EQUtBQzRBQUFPODM5UlB3JTJGNUxSS zIyaUVWcUJ0JTJGd0FRQ3BBbHJhVDRzS1FMbjlSMkhkbWdzTkF BTTdHc1B5QUFBQYADAIgDAZADAJgDF6ADAaoDAMADrALIAwDYA 4COZeADAOgDAPgDAYAEAJIEBi91dC92M5gEAKIEDDEyOS43LjE 1Ni40NagEx7UGsgQQCAAQARigASDYBCgAMAA4ArgEAMAElZqPI sgEANIEDjkxNTUjTEFYMTozODc02gQCCAHgBAHwBMr34EOIBQG YBQCgBf           wHABQDJBQAAAAAAAPA 0gUJCQAAAAAAAAAA2AUB4AUB8AUL gUECAAQAJAGAJgGALgGAMEGAAAAAAAA8D IBgDaBhYKEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQABgA4AYB8gYCCACAB wGIBwA&ampcb0c19ac -

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.