/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Performing ghusl with eczema

siy
06-02-2019, 11:47 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I'm a young woman seeking help and advice regarding Islam and fasting and ghusl. I was born a muslim alhamdulillah, but was never taught much about our religion, so I beg you to forgive my lack of knowledge. I was never introduced to fasting, and started doing it myself at the age of 18, which was only last year. I have started seeking alot of knowledge about Islam and guidance these past few years alhamdulillah, and have started praying myself as well. However, I have trouble figuring this out. I developed eczema 2 years ago, and have noticed that water has a negative impact on my skin sadly. This has held me from fasting astagfirullah, as I don't know how to perform ghusl with this problem. I normally only wash my hair and important parts, and have researched this as well. I have come to find out (correct me if I'm wrong astagfirullah) that in cases like these, performing ghusl on only the parts without wounds is permissible as well. This has still kept me from performing ghusl, as I try to keep my skin far away from water due to its effects. I have also read about tayammum, however I don't know if this applies to me. In case it does, I will be able to perform it except for a few open wounds on my body. I feel like a very bad muslim because of all this astagfirullah, and I'm very sad confessing this, as this has kept me from celebrating Ramadan as I had wished for. I beg for you to not judge me, as I'm trying my very best to improve with your help in shaa Allah. I thank you for reading and thank you in advance for any possible answers. May Allah bless you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
06-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Edible oil (mustard oil is viscous and has germ/fungus inhibiting properties - olive oil is mild and usable in copious amounts - aloe gel is also thick and mild -though the body absorbs it fast and it's gone before you know it -ask someone knowledgeable such as a physician if in doubt) and other moist, cover forming oils are a better option to petroleum (which is not as human friendly or absorbent due to its age and natural distance from fresh surface vegetation) for shielding the skin from water, dust, and bacteria.
Once a decent coat is applied, it should normally be ok to wash or lightly wipe the region with water.

It may also be beneficial to check if you have enough fat/oil in your diet.

Orange peel is a good source of vitamin C which the skin can absorb directly if used as a dressing, you can also blend it, mix it with oils, eat it, drink it, dry it and powder it....

Always bear in mind that overdoing moisturisation or washing can make the skin dry and dependent on external application of oil, and also increases sensitivity to minute changes - it is preferable to assist the body in naturally producing essential oils and vitamins when this can be done positively.
Weaning is usually a long process.

Look it up inshaAllah.

Al_Ghazali
06-03-2019, 01:16 PM
Anti-dandruff shampoo works best on skin that is affected by eczema, and other related skin issues. I recommend the following product. It's a natural alternative to the generic brands out there:

https://www.amazon.com/Dandruff-Trea.../dp/B00A8XPO6O

The shampoo helps decrease redness and flakes. An oil (like argan oil) should be applied afterwards on the skin to prevent dryness.

Ahmed.
06-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Walaikum assalam rahmatullahi barakatuh

You don't need gusl to fast so you can still fast without gusl, and if gusl is injurious to health then you can perform tayumum; see here:

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersguidance-hanafi/85916

The words 'strike the earth' (you can strike on anything made from earth like brick wall, bare ground, concrete etc) in above link means to strike it with palm of both hands

The only time you cannot fast is the days you have your period but after period is over you can perform tayumum and continue fasting

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.