/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can I make my prayer be guaranteed answered?

Nitro Zeus
06-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Happy Eid,

There is a narration which says that Allah will grant whoever recites this x7 in morning or evening whatever he desires from this world or next.

The prayer it is: "Hasbi-allahu la ilaha illa Huwa 'alaihi tawakkaltu wa Huwa Rab-bal 'arshil 'azeem"

I wonder, how should I make Dua so that I can get what I ask for? In what way should I do it?

1) Subhanallahi, Walhamdulillahi, wa la ilaha ilalahu, wa lahu Akbar.

2) Recite Astaghfurilah x3

3) Send Durood Ibrahim on Prophet

4) Send prayer on others

Ok, this prayer which I mentioned above, should I recite it x7 after I have made my own Dua?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
06-05-2019, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Happy Eid,

There is a narration which says that Allah will grant whoever recites this x7 in morning or evening whatever he desires from this world or next.

The prayer it is: "Hasbi-allahu la ilaha illa Huwa 'alaihi tawakkaltu wa Huwa Rab-bal 'arshil 'azeem"

I wonder, how should I make Dua so that I can get what I ask for? In what way should I do it?

1) Subhanallahi, Walhamdulillahi, wa la ilaha ilalahu, wa lahu Akbar.

2) Recite Astaghfurilah x3

3) Send Durood Ibrahim on Prophet

4) Send prayer on others

Ok, this prayer which I mentioned above, should I recite it x7 after I have made my own Dua?
Hello Nitro. ehm...you do not have guarantees in life. when even the biggest prophets had no guarantees to go to Heaven or even that Allah was pleased with them...how can you ask for a dua with a guaranteed outcome?
it is a dua...not a some kind of magic spell or ritual that after reciting or performing it you can get a mercedes the next day.
Allah is our God...not a genie in a bottle.
it is all about having faith...trust...and hope.
sorry if i sound a bit hard at the moment. it is not my intention to offend you...but please forget about forcing Allah into some sort of outcome....because that is what you are looking for at the moment.
waving your guarantee card saying "HELLOOOO...İ have done these and these rituals and duas so many times...so İ demand....this and that."

Nitro Zeus
06-05-2019, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
Hello Nitro. ehm...you do not have guarantees in life. when even the biggest prophets had no guarantees to go to Heaven or even that Allah was pleased with them...how can you ask for a dua with a guaranteed outcome?
it is a dua...not a some kind of magic spell or ritual that after reciting or performing it you can get a mercedes the next day.
sorry if i sound a bit hard at the moment. it is not my intention to offend you...but please forget about forcing Allah into some sort of outcome....because that is what you are looking for at the moment.
waving your guarantee card saying "HELLOOOO...İ have done these and these rituals and duas so many times...so İ demand....this and that."
Thats ok, I understand.

Saira Khan
06-06-2019, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
I am writing some ahadith here:

• The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) heard a man saying: O Allah, I ask Thee, I bear witness that there is no god but Thou, the One, He to Whom men repair, Who has not begotten, and has not been begotten, and to Whom no one is equal, and he said: You have supplicated Allah using His Greatest Name, when asked with this name He gives, and when supplicated by this name he answers. (Jami' at-Tirmidhi, sunan abi Dawood and sunan ibn Majah)
  • I was sitting with the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) and a man was offering prayer. He then made supplication: O Allah, I ask Thee by virtue of the fact that praise is due to Thee, there is no deity but Thou, Who showest favour and beneficence, the Originator of the Heavens and the earth, O Lord of Majesty and Splendour, O Living One, O Eternal One.
    The Prophet (ﷺ) then said: He has supplicated Allah using His Greatest Name, when supplicated by this name, He answers, and when asked by this name He gives.
    (Sunan abi Dawod], sunan an-Nasa'i and sunan ibn Majah)

So you are right, there are some special recitations (Duas) by the virtue of which Allah grants what is asked for, according to ahadiths, including those which you have written.
It is sunnah to first praise Allah SWT then recite Darood on the prophet (Peace be upon him) and then ask for your own dua whatever is in your mind.
Stay blessed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
06-06-2019, 09:46 PM
@Saira Khan

Hows abouts if sum1 wants to move planet Jupiter out of the way?
Or get a big asteroid to fall on washington d.c?
Do they gotta just say those things and wave?

Saira Khan
06-06-2019, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Hows abouts if sum1 wants to move planet Jupiter out of the way?
Or get a big asteroid to fall on washington d.c?
Do they gotta just say those things and wave?
I think you are confusing dua with magic here.
Al-Nu’man ibn Bashir reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Supplication is the essence of worship.” Then, the Prophet recited the verse, “Your Lord says: Call upon Me and I will respond to you. Verily, those who disdain My worship will enter Hell in humiliation.” (40:60)
Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 3247
Dua is not for disturbing things rather it is for re-arranging things, specially when it is something personal. Just to remind for what you have asked, think of the splitting of river Nile for Moosa (Alaihe Salam) and the splitting of the Moon for by our dear Prophet (Peace be upon him) reminds that Allah SWT is Qadir over everything. Those were the Prophets of Allah SWT, and we are the Ummah. Those were the miracles needed at that time. So our supplications are not for disturbing the Natural world, it is for
re-arranging the world inside ourselves for better.
Supplication is a personal conversation with Allah (SWT), the most uplifting, powerful, and transforming conversation we could ever have.
Stay blessed.

Abz2000
06-07-2019, 06:56 AM
@Saira Khan

I was simply pointing out the folly of the original question.

The way in which the question is framed appears to not be pointing to Allah :swt: responding in the way it is framed in the Quranic verse, but rather in terms of content guarantee.

Call upon Me, i will respond to you
And
Call upon me with such and such formula and your prayer is guaranteed to be answered.

......leave two very different contextual understandings.

In questions of importance, especially when it comes to Islam, one can never be too careful when replying to questions with glaring loopholes.

Ask a contract lawyer if you will.

Saira Khan
06-07-2019, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
The way in which the question is framed appears to not be pointing to Allah responding in the way it is framed in the Quranic verse, but rather in terms of content guarantee.
I don't think that @Nitro Zeus wants Jupiter to fall lol. He is talking about personal salvation and Allah SWT says "La taqnatu mir rahmatillah". So personal salvation is guaranteed in Quran and ahadiths with some conditions already foretold.
Stay blessed.

Ümit
06-07-2019, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan
I don't think that @Nitro Zeus wants Jupiter to fall lol. He is talking about personal salvation and Allah SWT says "La taqnatu bi rahmatillah". So personal salvation is guaranteed in Quran and ahadiths with some conditions already foretold.
Stay blessed.
Jupiter was only meant ironic...he meant to illustrate that there is no such thing as guarantees (not even about personal salvation) by just saying some sort of prayer. An atheist can make as much as Salaats as he wants...5 times a day, his whole life long...but as long as he does not believe in Allah...he will not benefit from this.

consider these cases:

Case 1: a drunk guy with still a beer in his hand reciting the above prayer and asking Allah to forgive all his sins? Like you said, his dua is not for disturbing the world but it is really something personal. He does not show regret and he doesn’t repent. Just recited the prayer and makes this dua. Will Allah fulfill his dua guaranteed in this case?

Case 2: an atheist who doesn’t even believe in Allah, not a single hair on his head that even considers to believe. Could this person just recite these prayers and ask Allah to forgive all his sins? Would Allah accept it guaranteed?

Case 3: A person reciting this prayer and ask Allah to let him win the lottery so that he can take care of his wife / mother / child or some other relative. Would Allah make this dua come true guaranteed just because this person recited this prayer?

What if a second person did exactly the same dua and they happened to ask to win the same lottery? Which one will be granted? Only one can win the lottery so the other one is then not answered even though he too recited the above prayers?

What I am saying is, intention, faith and hope play a huge role in this.

A farmer cannot plant seeds and then just pray to Allah that he will get good crops this year. He first has to water them regularly, take care of them...do everything he can to get good crops....and then he can pray to Allah.

about our brother Nitro, I like him very much. He is the one that asks "the stupid questions". I mean no question is stupid, but he asks the question that an average muslim would never ask because he never thought about it or because it felt too obvious.

Several times I experienced myself that only by answering his questions, I got forced to think more deeply about certain things, and it was not as easy as I initially thought.

I also experienced a few times that he has been asking questions that were also swerving around in my head, but I never asked anyone, because it was too embarrassing or it sounded too stupid.

So therefore @Nitro Zeus :
Thank you for doing what you are doing and keep asking those questions!!

greenhill
06-07-2019, 11:56 AM
Salam Eid Mubarak to all.

I can’t give you where I got this, perhaps someone else can or correct me in my mistranslation or err in memory, but I believe Allah answers our prayers in three ways,

1) immediately
2) some time later- could be hereafter
3) He substitutes it for something better

The thing is, are we ever grateful?

Have we not gotten what we at some time in the distant past wished for but much further down the future? What was our feelings then?

Anyway, Allah has also said that we are an ungrateful lot. That is something we should pay more attention to.

Just believe that Allah will answer our prayers. Only we have to appreciate, remain patient and be thankful of His Blessings. Worst, forget what we asked for.

:peace:

Saira Khan
06-07-2019, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Salam Eid Mubarak to all.

I can’t give you where I got this, perhaps someone else can or correct me in my mistranslation or err in memory, but I believe Allah answers our prayers in three ways,

1) immediately
2) some time later- could be hereafter
3) He substitutes it for something better

The thing is, are we ever grateful?
وعلیکم السلام ورحمتہ اللہ
Eid Mubarak to you too.
I agree with your these sentences and that is what I mean.
@
Ümit
talking of non believers in this case is out of context. Different surah and ayahs have different effects. For example, you have to recite supplications meant for forgiveness if you are asking for forgiveness, if you are going to praise Allah SWT, you have to recite ayahs and adhkar meant for praising Allah SWT.
Stay blessed.

Ahmed.
06-07-2019, 01:24 PM
OP's questions are more after a 'majic pill' then a dua that helps you attain your goal

The only way to b3 guaranteed jannah is to obey Allah until death, never missing a fard prayer and refraining from all major sins at least; do this with HOPE of getting jannah and FEAR that you might get hell and only then Jannah is assured inshAllah

There is no majic dua that soon as you say it, 'poof' you cross sirat like lightening and go to jannah without reckoning and be guaranteed jannah!

greenhill
06-07-2019, 01:27 PM
To add further... or add a prequalification statement,

•Our entire life and actions is determined by our own intentions (niah) and truth be said, it must be related to the service of pleasing Allah swt. Allah loves generous people so we give to charity as a result (not for appearance’s sake).
•Impure ‘niah’ will not get the desired effect.

So for me, the niah or intention is the predominant factor when it comes to the prayer or du’a. After that, it’s a matter of being patient.

:peace:

Ümit
06-07-2019, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
OP's questions are more after a 'majic pill' then a dua that helps you attain your goal

The only way to b3 guaranteed jannah is to obey Allah until death, never missing a fard prayer and refraining from all major sins at least; do this with HOPE of getting jannah and FEAR that you might get hell and only then Jannah is assured inshAllah

There is no majic dua that soon as you say it, 'poof' you cross sirat like lightening and go to jannah without reckoning and be guaranteed jannah!
Well said. you just gave a much better example than I could ever think of.
Please notice the last word in your own sentence which was "inshaAllah".
This very word is the symbol for not having a guarantee that even If you did all that...obeyed Allah, never missed a prayer, etc, etc...you still cannot be certain to be granted to Jannah.
You are only granted to Jannah when Alaah that wishes.

Nothing is certain about the future...nothing can be guaranteed except that we all will taste death one day....sooner or later...that is our only guarantee.

But besides that, I fully agree with you.

Ahmed.
06-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Well said. you just gave a much better example than I could ever think of.
Please notice the last word in your own sentence which was "inshaAllah".
This very word is the symbol for not having a guarantee that even If you did all that...obeyed Allah, never missed a prayer, etc, etc...you still cannot be certain to be granted to Jannah.
You are only granted to Jannah when Alaah that wishes.

Nothing is certain about the future...nothing can be guaranteed except that we all will taste death one day....sooner or later...that is our only guarantee.

But besides that, I fully agree with you.
I almost never included the 'inshAllah' there and I initially left it out, but when I re-read it, it didn't feel right and I realised I have to include it :)

Ümit
06-07-2019, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan
وعلیکم السلام ورحمتہ اللہ
Eid Mubarak to you too.
I agree with your these sentences and that is what I mean.
@talking of non believers in this case is out of context. Different surah and ayahs have different effects. For example, you have to recite supplications meant for forgiveness if you are asking for forgiveness, if you are going to praise Allah SWT, you have to recite ayahs and adhkar meant for praising Allah SWT.
Stay blessed.
out of context? what context?

Please explain to me what the exact context is in this case? so it only applies to muslims? are there any other conditions which need to be met which are not mentioned?

Are you just suggesting that Allah does not hear the prayers of non-muslims? Allah hears the prayers whom He wishes.

At least you agree with me that you cannot be guaranteed anything just because you have met some conditions.

Please let me explain the context here:

Nitro has been asking for similar questions in the past...something like "is there a prayer or dua that when performed Jannah will be guaranteed?"
Or "is there a dua that when I perform that dua, that I can make sure that my last words before death is my shahadah?"

in the past I also explained that there is no such thing.

A guarantee means that you are in a position of demanding stuff when you have met certain conditions. when even the greatest prophets were not in such a position of demanding stuff...how can you think that we can just because we performed a certain prayer?

That is also what Abz is trying to say...there is no such thing as a guarantee.

Saira Khan
06-07-2019, 02:10 PM
You people are looking so disappointed and I don't know why? if Rasoolullah (Peace be upon him) has guaranteed Jannah then why you people have doubts about guarantees?

Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners."

[Abu Dawud].

Ahmed.
06-07-2019, 04:08 PM
I understand what you're saying here, that we all have to obey Allah until our last breath as a sure way of going to jannah inshAllah, but just to let you know, ten sahaba(ra) were guaranteed jannah while still on this earth and the Prophets are far greater in status and virtue then the Saahaba (ra)

And Prophet Muhammad (saw) was guaranteed jannah according to a hadith which indicates all Prophets are guaranteed jannah

Hadith below insinuates that the Prophet (saw) is guaranteed jannah because of his masum (sinless) status and all Prophets are masum:

Al-Mughirah ibn Shu’bah reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, would pray until his feet were swollen. It was said to him, “Why do you do this when Allah has forgiven your past and future sins?” The Prophet said, “Shall I not be a grateful servant?”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 1078, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2819

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.