/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The translation of this dua?

YaniAR
06-06-2019, 02:18 PM
When I am sitting down on my knees on the final rakat and after I have said durood e ibrahim, I say this du'a:

Allahuma inne zulamtu nafsee zulman kaseera wala yagfuruzunooba illa anta magfirahlli magfirahtum min indika warahamni innaka antas garfooroorahim.

I don't know the meaning off this du'a as I do not know arabic. I was told to say this about 10 years ago and say it in all my prayer before giving salam to the angels on the shoulder. I follow the hanafi Maddhab and I read online you can say any du'a after durood e ibrahim. However when searching for the meaning of this du'a, I couldn't find it. Anyone know the meaning/english translation of this du'a. It's been nearly 10 years since I learnt it and only know it through memorization and having recited it many times.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Saira Khan
06-06-2019, 02:53 PM
Translation:

"O Allah, I have greatly wronged myself and You alone can forgive sins, so grant me forgiveness from you and have mercy on me. You are the forgiving and Merciful One.

I have copied this translation from a post on IB, you can read the post for better understanding.

https://www.islamicboard.com/new-muslims/134272247-english-translation-salaah-prayer.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.